Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? (1927 Views)

My New C# Open Source App Prevents Laptop Background Data Consumption On Windows / [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) / Creating An Open-source Java Web Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by cdeveloper(m): 2:11pm On Jan 29, 2010
I think the Nigerian Open Source Developer Community has come a long way and perhaps it is time we start up some open source project that developers can contribute to.I may be alone in this thought of mine but it is worth it in the long run. Our experiences and knowledge about developments should in my opinion be preserved for posterities to not only learn from but also build on.
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by logica(m): 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2010
I think you should start one.
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by IG: 8:42pm On Jan 30, 2010
Yes, please start one and we may join you.
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by webpest(m): 3:58am On Feb 08, 2010
Am happy to hear that Nigerians programmer a willing to contribute, anyway have been working on an open source shopping cart, u can download and install on your server for free, u can also create ur own template
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by yaro248(m): 5:12am On Feb 08, 2010
@webpest; any link for the download pls?
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by logica(m): 9:55am On Feb 08, 2010
Something that has to do with translation of Nigerian languages (between each other and some foreign languages such as English) will draw my attention.
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by cdeveloper(m): 12:34am On Feb 09, 2010
might be considering a wrapper for the major payment gateways we have in the country
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by logica(m): 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2010
cdeveloper:

might be considering a wrapper for the major payment gateways we have in the country
I thought there were just 2?
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2010
It'll be nice to create an Open Source E-commerce project as that is a major problem in Nigeria. The project can have payment modules that support Interswich and other systems that work here in Nigeria.
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by Afam(m): 2:25pm On Feb 12, 2010
May turn ItsYourCMS.com to an open source solution if there is enough justification to do so.

I am already working towards having payment gateways like Interswitch and E-tranzact fully integrated and then the bank accounts of all the banks even though the payment gateway providers seem to be too money conscious even to the detriment of the services they are supposed to be providing
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by webpest(m): 6:24pm On Feb 12, 2010
@yaro248, once i complete the project u will sure get link here
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by kodewrita(m): 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2012
reposted.
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by delomos(m): 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
Mine here, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-864237.0.html (rather light, hoping to get it robust)
Re: Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 04, 2018
This is front page worthy, I guess it never graced the front page.

(1) (Reply)

Simple PHP Quiz: Kill The Rand() / Please Help With This Fortran Assignment / Understanding Business Logic In Software Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.