Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos (2265 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Video Of The Oba Of Lagos Palace On Fire / How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by GistFullGround: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
I love this man, for the way he speaks the truth at all times.

Most Yoruba Obas and people do not like him because he speaks the truth, does not bow down to any one of them and aso because he gives Benin Kingdom the credit it deserves.

Yoruba Obas love to distort history to favor their tribe. But the Oba of Lagos is a stand-out for truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvaiC_djW8o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by LORDEbusko(m): 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
ok
Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by aljharem(m): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
Believe him at your own pearl.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by GistFullGround: 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
aljharem:

Why wont I?
Is it because the story does not favor you or what you believe?
Are you trying to say you know more than the custodian of Lagos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
aljharem:
So basically, aljharem, unless someone claims the story which was told to you, you will not believe. A long time ago I showed you precolonial maps as proof and now you are hearing the King of Lagos giving his testimony and still you continue claiming your disproved story.
I bet that even if I invent a time machine and take you to the past you will still not belive your "lying eyes".
Get real.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by aljharem(m): 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
history2902:

So basically, aljharem, unless someone claims the story which was told to you, you will not believe. A long time ago I showed you precolonial maps as proof and now you are hearing the King of Lagos giving his testimony and still you continue claiming your disproved story.
I bet that even if I invent a time machine and take you to the past you will still not belive your "lying eyes".
Get real.

So because the oba including myself have our origin from edo it means we are edo ?

Again unless bini is Yoruba, we would claim edo. As of today we are yorubas. And yes if you are presently in Lagos, I can take you to the oba's palace and show you my history.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by aljharem(m): 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
GistFullGround:

Why wont I?
Is it because the story does not favor you or what you believe?
Are you trying to say you know more than the custodian of Lagos?

Please who is the custodian of Lagos ? It is now even akiolu's turn but the adebiyi's turn but he was forced on us by tinubu so what are you saying.

Get real, when push comes to shove, we know our people and our people know us

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
aljharem:

So because the oba including myself have our origin from edo it means we are edo ?

Again unless bini is Yoruba, we would claim edo. As of today we are yorubas. And yes if you are presently in Lagos, I can take you to the oba's palace and show you my history.
Dude, you are not making any sense, history is not something which you can change according to your mood.
Yoruba is not even a people, the name "yoruba" is not even as old as the name "nigeria".
Please I gave you the definition of the word "History", so stop using that word frivolously.
You really make me laugh when you claim: "As of today we are yorubas" . That is just like me claiming "As of today I am the last of the mohicans" or "as of today I am prince Efosa of Edinbourg".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by aljharem(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
history2902:

Dude, you are not making any sense, history is not something which you can change according to your mood.
Yoruba is not even a people, the name "yoruba" is not even as old as the name "nigeria".
Please I gave you the feinition of the word "History", so stop using that word frivolously.
You really make me laugh when you claim: "As of today we are yorubas" . That is just like me claiming "As of today I am the last of the mohicans" or "as of today I am prince Efosa of Edinbourg".

Dude read well,

Bini and Esan(which is what binis call ishans) have always been part and parcel of ile ife history. Yoruba is coined for people of similar history and way of life NOT LANGUAGE . This is where binis for it VERY WRONG. If it is language, akoko, ijebu, awori, owo, ekiti etc would have never been part of the Yoruba ethic stock today because our language id TOTALLY different from Yoruba but we all have a common history from ile ife and that is why we adopted YORUBA as our ethnic group.

Today you would find people from auchi, okada etc claiming Yoruba because they have a better understanding than people like you

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by GistFullGround: 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
aljharem:

Please who is the custodian of Lagos ? It is now even akiolu's turn but the adebiyi's turn but he was forced on us by tinubu so what are you saying.

Get real, when push comes to shove, we know our people and our people know us

Why are you crying over split milk?
Who else is the Oba of Lagos, is it Adebiyi or Akiolu?

Oba Akiolu is the custodian of Lagos and there is nothing anybody can do about it until his passing on.

And by the way, NOBODY knows you in Lagos, you are so insignificant!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by GistFullGround: 4:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
aljharem:

Dude read well,

Bini and Esan(which is what binis call ishans) have always been part and parcel of ile ife history. Yoruba is coined for people of similar history and way of life NOT LANGUAGE . This is where binis for it VERY WRONG. If it is language, akoko, ijebu, awori, owo, ekiti etc would have never been part of the Yoruba ethic stock today because our language id TOTALLY different from Yoruba but we all have a common history from ile ife and that is why we adopted YORUBA as our ethnic group.

Today you would find people from auchi, okada etc claiming Yoruba because they have a better understanding than people like you

So even after I defined "history" and reminded you a second time about the definition of that word, you are still using that word frivolously.
And now you are going further to speak on behalf of some other of my Edo people, namely Aucho and Okada.
I fail to see the link between your reply and the message which you are replying.
Let me put this to you one last time:

We are Edo, not "yoruba". yoruba is a word coined by the hausas to define the people whom they were conquering in illorin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
GistFullGround:
READ: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Lagos
Be careful of wikipedia, it is easily modified.
Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by aljharem(m): 7:37am On Jul 03, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
GistFullGround:

Why are you crying over split milk?
Who else is the Oba of Lagos, is it Adebiyi or Akiolu?

Oba Akiolu is the custodian of Lagos and there is nothing anybody can do about it until his passing on.

And by the way, NOBODY knows you in Lagos, you are so insignificant!

I agree that as far as nl is concern, I am insignificant but as far as Lagos is concern I doubt it.

This is where I stop, yes Lagos is bini land, igbos developed it and is never a Yoruba land.

You can also try you luck by contesting for the kingship since you are bini
Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by GistFullGround: 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
aljharem:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

I agree that as far as nl is concern, I am insignificant but as far as Lagos is concern I doubt it.

This is where I stop, yes Lagos is bini land, igbos developed it and is never a Yoruba land.

You can also try you luck by contesting for the kingship since you are bini

Nobody said Lagos is a Benin Land.
Lagos was founded by the Aworis but conquered by the Binis in the 15th Century.
Before you conquer a land, there has to be people living there.

So, dont get me wrong. You Yorubas NEVER acknoeldge any fact but make up your own history.
Just like Ile Ife, which had people living there but was ruled over by the Binis but what do we have being told to by some stupid imperialist tale-bearers, who claim Benin was founded by the Yorubas; very absurd story.

Yorubas claim Oranmiyan came from the sky with a Pole "Opa Oranmiyan" and founded the Yoruba race.
This is against the law of creation. Even Jesus Christ and Mohammed were born of a woman but the Yoruba creator just fell from the sky, as told by the stories of old. Now, is this not a stupid story? Is it possible for someone to just fall from the sky? This is the same story being passed down to generations of Yorubas and you guys continue to buy it.

Meanwhile, Oranmiyan was a renegade true Bini Prince but every Yoruba indigene would dispute this except the Oba of Lagos.

This is one of the reasons Yoruba Oba and Yoruba masses dont like the man, because he tells the truth as passed down by his ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by highque: 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
GistFullGround:

Nobody said Lagos is a Benin Land.
Lagos was founded by the Aworis but conquered by the Binis in the 15th Century.
Before you conquer a land, there has to be people living there.

So, dont get me wrong. You Yorubas NEVER acknoeldge any fact but make up your own history.
Just like Ile Ife, which had people living there but was ruled over by the Binis but what do we have being told to by some stupid imperialist tale-bearers, who claim Benin was founded by the Yorubas; very absurd story.

I luv this version of your history bros; Binis were the ruler of Ile-Ife so the imperialist were so downtrodden like their black counterparts and short-change the history to suit their objectives? wink

Yorubas claim Oranmiyan came from the sky with a Pole "Opa Oranmiyan" and founded the Yoruba race.
This is against the law of creation. Even Jesus Christ and Mohammed were born of a woman but the Yoruba creator just fell from the sky, as told by the stories of old. Now, is this not a stupid story? Is it possible for someone to just fall from the sky? This is the same story being passed down to generations of Yorubas and you guys continue to buy it.

Meanwhile, Oranmiyan was a renegade true Bini Prince but every Yoruba indigene would dispute this except the Oba of Lagos.

This is one of the reasons Yoruba Oba and Yoruba masses dont like the man, because he tells the truth as passed down by his ancestors.

I now belief NL is a fertile land to show case stupidity, arrogance and ignorance. If Aworis founded EKO/LAGOS and Edo conquered them as ur version of history stated; which is just nothing but distortion of facts and figures to suit some elements, hence, Eko is now an Edo land, such as Sheikh Alimi overtook took Ilorin which made it Fulani land? sad

Only a fool will concur that Oduduwa descended from the heaven such as a version of Edo history equally stated that soil was brought from the heaven by their ancestral in snail shell to spread on the waterlogged to formed earth surface. The reason they use to say that Edo owns land from Benin up to whiteman's land. This version of history would only be heard from a traditionalist dunce Yoruba or Edo folks or a shortsighted gullible from both folks just to prove the divinity of their ancestors and renunciation of Christianity and Islam. Meanwhile bros, re-read your conjected history again, may be you will found there that Oranmiyan is the last son of Oduduwa that founded the Oyo empire while his last son equally founded The Ibolo Kingdom.

As regards to Akinolu, the incumbent Oba of Lagos, his stand now is only portraying what an arrogancy can arrogates to an arrogant being. For the history he is now being distorting to cover as an excuse for been stupid and arrogant to Ooni recently in a public gathering which is nothing but stupidity couple with short-sightedness and selfishness. All the past Obas of Lagos have never stated something like this before, and this could erase his lineage from being Oba of Lagos in the future, if truly he said something like what all is clamouring over now. You can see the product and aftermath of arrogance and shallowness in thinking.

Anyway, let me sit back to learn from you people and/or amuse myself. grin grin grin
Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by macof(m): 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
Akiolu never said bini own Lagos... what he is saying in that video in essence is that the oba of bini is honoured during the coronation rite at Enuwa.

Also, the video is incomplete, if you watch the complete video(below), Akiolu said it clean clear that bini doesn't own lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by aljharem(m): 9:34am On Jul 22, 2017
macof:
Akiolu never said bini own Lagos... what he is saying in that video in essence is that the oba of bini is honoured during the coronation rite at Enuwa.

Also, the video is incomplete, if you watch the complete video(below), Akiolu said it clean clear that bini doesn't own lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

Let them be decievibg themselves
Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by macof(m): 10:38am On Jul 22, 2017
aljharem:

Let them be decievibg themselves

That's why I say Bini of this generation have turned themselves out to be liars
Re: Oba Of Lagos On The Relationship Between Benin & Lagos by aljharem(m): 10:52am On Jul 22, 2017
macof:

That's why I say Bini of this generation have turned themselves out to be liars

They have lost it completely.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Benin Wore Clothes, And Also Sewed Their Own Clothes And Sold Them To The Europ / Music PR Companies / Somalis Are Proud Africans NOT Black

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.