Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) (32519 Views)

Vigilante Arrest Armed Bandits Terrorising Orlu In Imo State(photos) / I Hadn’t Made Enough Money Before My Arrest – Robbery Suspect / Police Kill Ihechi Nwankwo, Most Wanted Imo Robber (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by stephanie11: 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
An armed robber has expressed deep regret over the death of his mother because of his arrest. 26-year-old Sikiru Lawal told newsmen that he if he had known that his mother would die, he would never have involved himself with armed robbery.

He said, “She had been sick and had been on hospital bed for some time. We were praying she would get better. I’m one of the three children she had. I was told that when she heard I was arrested for a criminal offence, she gasped and died. I regret my action.”

Lawal was arrested for stealing a green Peugeot 206 saloon car in Badagry, Lagos. When asked why he committed the crime, He stated that it was because he needed funds to travel out of Nigeria.

The suspect spoke to newsmen during a parade of suspects by the Acting Commissioner of Police in Lagos State, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Dasuki Galadanchi.

Lawal also detailed how he stole the car. He said;

“I went to steal the car around 11.30pm. They were sleeping when I pushed the kitchen door to enter. Fortunately, it wasn’t locked. I had monitored them for five days. I didn’t use a gun. When I entered the house, I went to the sitting room and I saw the car key on the table. I took the key and drove the car away. I stole the car at Mowo in Badagry.

“Sometimes, I jumped people’s fence to check if people did not lock their doors because I know many people don’t lock their doors all the time. I would then enter and look around to see if I could find anything useful. This was my first independent operation, but now I’m regretting my action.”

This is Lawal second time of being arrested for robbery. It was discovered that he recently got released from Prison in March this year. Speaking on his previous arrest, he said;

“The first time I was arrested, some persons who dealt in vehicles used to give the stolen vehicles to me to deliver to other people. I never knew the cars were stolen. I was arrested in Ibadan. They used to give me N50,000 per car.”

http://politicsngr.com/2017/07/02/mother-died-hearing-capture-armed-robber/

1 Share

Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by segebase(m): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Na wa ooo
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by agadez007(m): 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
grin grin Sikirudeen Lawal from the Waste side

Police should Endeavor to secure his mum's Grave with better Security and padlock as i am Sure after Release Sikirudeen must surely come back to Mine her head

It is in their blood

39 Likes

Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by livinus009(m): 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
Stupid Mofo!! You were Arrested, Released and you still went back to the same thing you were arrested for.

Some People are just so stupid!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by braimeddy: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
What are u regretting about? I know ur mum must have advised u countless times against immorality but u ceased to yield on her advice. Now u re regretting. Young man I hold u responsible for killing ur mum and u have to face the penalty for that.

7 Likes

Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by Jackeeh(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
Poor woman! RIP. Who is responsible for her death? Her selfish thieving son or the senseless person/people who couldn't wait for her to become a well woman before landing such heavy news on her?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by Larryfest(m): 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
In one word you killed your mum......well all i can say is your child will also do to u what you did to your mum!!!
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
But Bro, why na?

If i start to insult you, them go say i too dey talk!
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by Christane: 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
he must be drowning in regret becus he dissappointed z mother d second time ..with is stealing attitude may God almighty gv u d fortitude to bear d lose n to serve ur term ..
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by ghe95ric(m): 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
??
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by Benekruku(m): 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
agadez007:

Police should Endeavor to secure his mum's Grave with better Security and padlock as i am Sure after Release Sikirudeen must surely come back to Mine her head

It is in their blood

He grew up in the land locked erosion ridden region littered with flat headed dwarfs

Afonja's re mostly intellects and scholars. The vast majority into crime mostly grew up in the East or mingled with Biafrans!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by fatymore(f): 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
embarassed
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by Tenim47(m): 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
agadez007:

It is in their blood
5naira mumuness fall on u

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by NwaAmaikpe: 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
shocked

He is lucky, at least now he is in jail he won't have to contribute for his mother's burial.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by benueguy(m): 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
agadez007:

It is in their blood

For your mind now u don talk sense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by pastoray(m): 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
sad sad
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by DieBuhari: 3:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
Yoruba Muslims and robbery are like Buhari and illness.

5 Likes

Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by SeniorZato(m): 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
How can u be able to live with urself knowing that ur mama died because of u
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by free2ryhme: 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
She knew you have brought shame to the family
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by Onliie(m): 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
She deserves to die for not raising you well
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by Ogashub(m): 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
sad
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by maamisco(f): 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
Mum u see ur life ba? If I steal meat from pot u go shout sey I dey steal, now sikiru steal motor u gasp n die. Am I making sense sef
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by rachaeladiya(f): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ok... Now you have killed your mother that paid the price of your existence..... Anyway my people I found this video on line and since then I have been jumping from one WIFI � to another... Just give it a trial any buy me chicken �
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM6lsdHZI-w
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
yellowbar Muslims they have distinction in thieving

1 Like

Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by yommyk222(m): 3:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
I am not sure that the guy will ever regret. his action because if he do he would have not committee the same crime he was arrested and release from and some people we still said JUNGLE justice no good cool
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by government77(f): 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
maamisco:
Mum u see ur life ba? If I steal meat from pot u go shout sey I dey steal, now sikiru steal motor u gasp n die. Am I making sense sef
you are not making sense at all. What if the woman did her best.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by columbus007(m): 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
What a shame she's giving birth to a vagabond that eventually ended up her life undecided
Re: My Mother Died On Hearing Of My Arrest - Armed Robber (photo) by Englishgold: 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lawal lawal lawal,Wetin you wan travel outside go do?haba monkey dey travel?if monkey leave zoo,where im go enter?infact you are supposed to be sentenced to death for causing the death of your mother.You wanted to cause more harm to this nation by attempting to travel out with money ,made through robbery,to go and acquire masters outside country in Arm robbery.Is this lawal or skelewu from where,sef

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ketu In Ogun, Sack 30 Schools / Man Beheads Pastor In Calabar / Police In Owerri Parades Armed Robbers (one Female, 5 Male) Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.