Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,909 members, 7,956,420 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:39 AM

HIV Test Is Like A Death Row: My Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Test Is Like A Death Row: My Experience (653 Views)

Having HIV Is Not A Death Sentence / I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life / Pictures of a Death Trap At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV Test Is Like A Death Row: My Experience by donestk(m): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
Recently the below thread made frontpage here on nairaland specifically on 29 June, 2017

https://www.nairaland.com/3888681/16-signs-may-hiv-without

So many views with a paltry 3 page comments.

Having read through the post, I became restless and began to ask myself what ifs questions.

Should the worse happens, how would I my family, friends and girlfriend react?

What would this new chapter of life be like?

The next day I rushed to a med lab and asked for HIV test. They took my blood sample and went to the lab while I waited at the reception.

My heart raced like Usain Bolt. The probability of being infected is 0.5. Statistically very significant.

The labie showed up with the result. Handed it to me. I acted normal and sighted 'negative'.

I urge everyone reading this post to follow suit.

The only way to know your status is by getting tested.

Go check your status today!

Mods pls wink

1 Share

Re: HIV Test Is Like A Death Row: My Experience by chuks013: 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nyc one op
Re: HIV Test Is Like A Death Row: My Experience by Actuarydeji(m): 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
OP it seems you did something wrong sha. Anyway that's a good move.
Re: HIV Test Is Like A Death Row: My Experience by donestk(m): 1:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
Not really smiley

Actuarydeji:
OP it seems you did something wrong sha. Anyway that's a good move.
Re: HIV Test Is Like A Death Row: My Experience by Actuarydeji(m): 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
donestk:
Not really smiley
I understand you sha
Re: HIV Test Is Like A Death Row: My Experience by dominique(f): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
The tension that comes from waiting for the result is second to none. Even if you're not promiscuous, your mind will still wander to different ways you can contract the disease without sexual contact.

2 Likes

Re: HIV Test Is Like A Death Row: My Experience by mrking3(m): 12:03am On Jul 03, 2017
I know a lot of guys that would readily shy away from doing the test for obvious reason. Let Me tell you, a time will come and you'll have no option! The best bet is to stick with one partner or wife!! With this, you are 50 percent safe! Recently I took my wife to General Hospital to register her for ANC and part of the registration requirements is to do HIV test.. Right there and then they asked us to do the test!! While other men were there lamenting, I boldly joined my wife to do it! And we came out clean!! We couldn't be happier!! It's good to know your status! It will help to put you in the right direction! And staying safe will remain your watch word.. This is the 5th time we checked our status!!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Breast Flaccidity: / Why Condoms Don't Prevent Hiv/aids Transmission-see What To Do Here. / 10 Most Important And Undoubted Reasons Why We Should Stop Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.