Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) (18755 Views)

Cable Thieves Disgraced And Paraded In Anambra (Photos) / RRS arrests Cable thieves in Lagos, Recover 168 meter long cable(Photos) / Nigerian Among Three Arrested For Drug Peddling In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by Specialspesh: 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
Operatives of Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos State Police Command in separate incidences yesterday arrested two suspects over the vandalisation of cable and transformer.

The suspects, Oladele Elegbede, 54 and Andrew Onoriode 25, were arrested early in the morning by the operatives in Dopemu and Alausa area of the State with vandalised cable and transformer earth.

One of the suspects, a grandfather of three, Oladele Elegbede, who is a trained electrician, was arrested early Saturday morning by the operatives of Rapid Response Squad in Dopemu for vandalising transformer cables around 4:37 a.m. yesterday. He is from Ilaro, Ogun State.
Elegbede had a week before the incident stolen cables around the transformer, throwing the entire community into darkness.

Some of the residents of the area, who followed Elegbede to RRS Headquarters in Alausa, alleged that he was the one responsible for the vandalisation of the transformer cable on Monday.

Elegbede, who was caught with a cutting plier, confessed that he vandalised cables whenever he was broke. He added that he had sold vandalised cables in Railway Crossing more than seven times.

In his confession, he said “I was arrested around to 5:00 a.m. I went to that transformer to operate. I was there last week. I cut cable whenever I am broke. I have three grandchildren. My wife is dead…. The last cable I sold weighed one kilo. I was paid N1,500:00. I sold it at Oju Irin Pen Cinema. The one I just cut can fetch me N1,300:00.”

According to a scrap metal dealer who the suspect fingered as his buyer, Abdulsamod Yau, “I have bought cable from him (pointing to Elegbede) like seven times.”

The second cable thief, Andrew Onoriode, 25, who claimed to be a casual staff of Nigerian Bottling Company, Agidingbi plant in Ikeja was arrested behind Shoprite Ikeja with a freshly cut armoured cable believed to belong to the Lagos State Ministry of Works.

According to investigators, the cable was cut from the network supplying powers to some of the buildings around the Secretariat.
The two suspects have been transferred to the Lagos State Taskforce for prosecution.

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/07/two-cables-thieves-arrested-in-lagos.html

1 Like

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by Specialspesh: 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by decatalyst(m): 2:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
Failed family!

Such an unquantifiable disappointment!

4 Likes

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by Nbote(m): 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
Na wa ooo, ppl no dey fear sha. Na NEPA dey cause all dis kind things sef. If say light dey dey who go get mind near armoured cable... Where are those morons jumping from threads to threads looking for particular names and regions to insult.. Watch how NCAN south west zone would ignore dis thread like Ebola.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by columbus007(m): 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lol cheesy
Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by Rtopzy(f): 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
Grandfather??.... smh
Every spirit of NCAN, leave me alone....... but na them

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by Flexherbal(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
They should be made to face the law.
Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by MadCow1: 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
NCAN iPOB Avengers Chapter be like

[img]https://media./images/0b4f613d993892bf70f6d159c533e52f/tenor.gif[/img]

grin grin

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by itsIYKE(m): 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
Showing his sophistication...by thieving cables

18 Likes

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by itiswellandwell: 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by ahhdah(f): 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
Grand Father??.. Like seriously shocked shocked
Egwu dikwa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by plessis: 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
This people, e be like say their old grandpapa and gramdmama like crime pass their young men...

Today 70year old man caught with human skull.... Tomorrow 82 year old woman caught with drugs at the airport....

Am I the only one who has noticed this?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by hucienda: 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
Et tu, grandfather? cheesy

In the meantime, NCAN crew coming through.

5 Likes

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by dessz(m): 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5586675_zombomeme11062017144523_jpeg951f2c1c7cf55bbb5d28edec18bab38a

OLADELE ELEGBEDE, instead of playing baba ijebu and drinking gin, decided to go and ACCOMODATE electric cable, this CRIME happened in the EWEDULA##.. I mean.. in Lagos grin.
OVER AND OUT

19 Likes

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Cable fall on you grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by longsnake(m): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
Irresponsible grandpa. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by Alitair(m): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
Is that One thousand, five hundred naira abi One hundred and fifty thousand..?

3 Likes

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
Mm
Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by Tobium1(m): 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
Must you live in Lagos
Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by Lovine: 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
If it is in France here, 30 years imprisonment

3 Likes

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by celestialAgent(m): 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
So Naija police cannot afford real handcuffs?

Ds country is tiring!
Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by josephine123: 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
OUCH
Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by omobabalawo: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
NCAN:
OWERRI CHAPTER:

REPORTING LIVE FROM BARIGA:

Sir immediately i saw grandfather among the suspect i knew it was them. Afonja 3-0ipob. They did not evn include another tribe in the operation. (marginalization). Mean while emeka has 3shops in computer village. i heard he is building 2more in alaba.

12 Likes

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
our yellowbar neighbours and criminality.... TUFIAKWA

16 Likes

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by samkay3g(m): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
chai,live wires fall on them
Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by Pavore9: 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
Good they were caught.
Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by OddBall(m): 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
hucienda:
...Yes sir.

4 Likes

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by OddBall(m): 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
hucienda:
...Yes sir.

7 Likes

Re: Two Cable Thieves Including A Grand Father Of Three Arrested in Lagos (Photos) by deepwater(f): 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Kai

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reveller Stabs Man To Death In Bauchi For Refusing To Buy Him Beer / 48-year-old Married Man Caught Raping A 6-year-old Girl In Lagos / Drug Addict Stabs Man To Death In Adamawa, Injures Another At A Wedding Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.