Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less (32887 Views)

Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers / Wakanda Forever: The New Viral Pose At Nigerian Wedding Receptions (photos) / Lady Causes A Stir At Wedding For Wearing Similar Gown With The Bride (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by kabanayol9(m): 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
Smiles, future wife you see am with your Koro Koro eye o, I am ready, let us do our wedding next week, one mind is telling me, she will not agree, Nbaa Nguanu....
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Remix10(m): 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
Vision4God:
undecided
Doesn't look visible no matter how u wanna cut cost.

Do you mean feasible? undecided
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by iaamxavier(m): 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
I reject this kinda wedding for my enemy grin jesooos!

1 Like

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Originality007: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
Chai! iroko fall on Poverty..
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Poverty mentality undecided
and you re rich ?
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by chiraqDemon(m): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
Opinionated:
By Adeniyi Emmanuel Bamgboye

Do you know you can spend just N20,000 on your wedding and still retain your champion as a perfect gentleman and in-law? Don’t worry, I am an accountant, I will give you a succinct breakdown.

Registry fee is within N12,000 – N14000 depending on the local government you wish to use. Let’s pick the upper range which is N14,000

Don’t go and buy egg roll. One is now N80. You know you cannot afford this; the best is to go for Ghanaian buns. One is N20 , you can buy it loju (at) dozen for discount sake. Buy 2 dozen because of the impromptu and accidental guests. That’s approximately N450. It could be lesser, if you can bargain well.

Buy a crate of 7up, not coke or Fanta. That’s N1,400
Budget N1,500 for cab transport. Uber is cheap. It’s your wedding day. You can’t afford to be a “trekkist” on that glorious day.

You don’t need a photographer. Use the camera on your phone. If you don’t have a camera phone, you can use your friend’s own.

To achieve all these, you have to make your wedding an alupaida (mystical) event. The one where your blurry wedding pictures will just surface magically online without you giving any of your friends prior notice. Some of them may be angry with you. Beg them well. They will understand.

Don’t bother about new clothes; wear what you have at home.

For your refreshment to be sufficient, make sure your guest list includes both parents (yours and hers), two of your friends who will also sign and act as witnesses and cameramen respectively.

In total, you have 10 guests including you and your wife. With this, the Ghanaian buns and 7up are likely to go round. You would even have more than sufficient for the court staff who are fond of doing “Atenu”

Back to my analysis. N14,000 + N450 + N1,400 + N1,500 equals N17,350.

With this, you will have N2, 650 as change. Use it to cook honeymoon Soup. Enjoy your life to the fullest with your wife.

Implement this religiously and thank me later.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/plan-nigerian-wedding-n20000-less/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Please is this for the traditional marriage or court wedding.
I it's traditional u have missed road
If it's court then ride on grin
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by jfkenny(m): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
What of the priest....
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by rosieluv(f): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
God forbid
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by erico2k2(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
fastgyal:
Lol, this would have been very possible in the last century.
Anybody who budgets less than 100K for a wedding in Nigeria right now isn't ready for marriage and should go and sleep.
BTW
nice joke OP, it made me smile.
Economy Naija no go gimme heart attack.
I think if the main objective is getting married its over possible, cos I have seen people married with just 5 guest end of.
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
Na wah
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by erico2k2(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
chiraqDemon:

Please is this for the traditional marriage or court wedding.
I it's traditional u have missed road
If it's court then ride on grin
There is nothing like tradition in wedding.Unless you are o n about another post
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by condomuser: 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
This one is even expensive, just give her belle then switch off your phone for 2 hours. They will even loan her to you brideprice free.

End of story.

1 Like

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by erico2k2(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
jfkenny:
What of the priest....
@ the registry?
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by lagos18(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
God forbid.... I refused to settle for small things.
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Katier00(f): 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
joliyp:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. bleeps it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his cock in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut.
take the risk and wed well
I love Spartacus
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by chiraqDemon(m): 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
erico2k2:

There is nothing like tradition in wedding.Unless you are o n about another post
Lol. I actually forgot the marriage n wedding difference.
But still he'll pay priest/pastor nothing less than 10k sha. Idk sha cos I've never married but I'm guessing that's the minimum. I also don't know if they'll need priest since it's at the registry.
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by rockyh(m): 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
Opinionated:

Do you know you can spend just N20,000 on your wedding and still retain your champion as a perfect gentleman and in-law? Don’t worry, I am an accountant, I will give you a succinct breakdown.

Registry fee is within N12,000 – N14000 depending on the local government you wish to use. Let’s pick the upper range which is N14,000

Don’t go and buy egg roll. One is now N80. You know you cannot afford this; the best is to go for Ghanaian buns. One is N20 , you can buy it loju (at) dozen for discount sake. Buy 2 dozen because of the impromptu and accidental guests. That’s approximately N450. It could be lesser, if you can bargain well.

Budget N1,500 for cab transport. Uber is cheap. It’s your wedding day. You can’t afford to be a “trekkist” on that glorious day.

You don’t need a photographer. Use the camera on your phone. If you don’t have a camera phone, you can use your friend’s own.

To achieve all these, you have to make your wedding an alupaida (mystical) event. The one where your blurry wedding pictures will just surface magically online without you giving any of your friends prior notice. Some of them may be angry with you. Beg them well. They will understand.

For your refreshment to be sufficient, make sure your guest list includes both parents (yours and hers), two of your friends who will also sign and act as witnesses and cameramen respectively.

In total, you have 10 guests including you and your wife. With this, the Ghanaian buns and 7up are likely to go round. You would even have more than sufficient for the court staff who are fond of doing “Atenu”

With this, you will have N2, 650 as change. Use it to cook honeymoon Soup. Enjoy your life to the fullest with your wife.

i believe ur budget is for Wed when u have about 800k u can then bodly complete it to wedding except u intend to invite goats n not humans
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
fastgyal:
Anybody who budgets less than 100K for a wedding in Nigeria right now isn't ready for marriage and should go and sleep.
BTW

Nice comment...

on a side note , can I know you?

@Signature. lol
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Tobium1(m): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
Rubbish
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Neddyogu(m): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
*in Run town's voice* God forbid!
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by oshe11: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
wendy241:
Mumu in d making grin grin grin
only agreed to ur foolishness
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
nwaAmaikpe!! come and hear this

1 Like

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by fastgyal(f): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Nice comment...

on a side note , can I know you?

@Signature. lol
mummy will beat me.
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by dacovajnr: 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
Tahrah:
I reject it,marriage no be by force.
angry angry
Btw,thati billion dey for the akant na.wink smiley
eyaff increased to 9ty billion faa! grin,All tnx to my Wife's goodluck Charm kiss kiss
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by bmoyebi(m): 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Poverty mentality undecided
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by CoCoLav(f): 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
AZeD1:
CoColav come let me sponsor your wedding. I can sponsor it in 3 different states, just let me know when you are ready.

I need a groom first.

Come and marry me embarassed
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Electronzeez(m): 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
To my friends on nairaland hold me by my word. No matter how much I have ,I ain't gona do a large wedding . I don't like large party .But I am going to have a large home and a large family grin and of course large money .large health .

Amen .

1 Like

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by holluphemydavid(m): 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
Which kind wedding is dat
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
Opinionated:

If u don't have the resources to marry why not stay put,must
Don’t go and buy egg roll. One is now N80. You know you cannot afford this; the best is to go for Ghanaian buns. One is N20 , you can buy it loju (at) dozen for discount sake. Buy 2 dozen because of the impromptu and accidental guests. That’s approximately N450. It could be lesser, if

If u don't have money for marriage while not stay put,must one marry n put other peoples life into suffering

1 Like

Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
fastgyal:
BTW

100k keeeeee Where have u been since?..

come let me marry you..ive not seen a lady that will talk of figures around 100k in marriage...na so so 10million...
Are u sure u are a lady?....some let me use that 100k to buy u ring first.. grin
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by fastgyal(f): 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
1StopRudeness:

100k keeeeee Where have u been since?..

come let me marry you..ive not seen a lady that will talk of figures around 100k in marriage...na so so 10million...
Are u sure u are a lady?....some let me use that 100k to buy u ring first.. grin
lol. I didn't say I'd accept 100K oo
Re: How To Plan Your Nigerian Wedding For N20,000 Or Less by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
fastgyal:
mummy will beat me.

she won't know.lol..

We will know each other sharp...

before she even knows about it. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Nikkaih And Traditional Wedding Pictures / Wedding In Nigeria: At What Cost? / Wedding Photos Of Yesufa Olawale, LASTMA Officer Who Lost His Sight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.