Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,946 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

I Need A Job Even Without Being Paid(volunteer Job) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need A Job Even Without Being Paid(volunteer Job) (1505 Views)

Apply For Paid Volunteer Opportunities At VSO Nigeria. / How To Apply For The National Paid Volunteer Program With VSO Nigeria / Can You Accept This Job,even When They Pay #1million Monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Job Even Without Being Paid(volunteer Job) by michaelbelgium(m): 11:11am On Jul 03, 2017
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
I studied chemical engineering,graduated in 2014. My major interest now is to get adequate industry experience relating to process/production.Although I intend to further my education in no distant time but having a little of experience would go along way in making me a better scholar and engineer in the nearest future.Industrial training as an undergraduate did not really offer me with the kind of experience i needed.I graduated with second class upper but i just need hands on job experience at this time. Please, help me with any person or group of persons who is into process engineering i could learn from without being paid. I would be highly indebted. Please feel free to contact me via email address:michaelobinna1991@gmail.com
Thank you.
Re: I Need A Job Even Without Being Paid(volunteer Job) by luvtreasure0: 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
Call me then 08108364550
Re: I Need A Job Even Without Being Paid(volunteer Job) by dedons: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
luvtreasure0:
Call me then 08108364550
Should I also call you sir?

I'm a graduate of Mechanical Engineering.
Re: I Need A Job Even Without Being Paid(volunteer Job) by EdoBoy90(m): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
I am also a Mechanical Engineering graduate, graduated in 2014.

Some of us engineers don't want to start lone. Our aspiration is oil companies like the chemical engineer.

During my Industrial training, I didn't mine in an automobile company ( Name withheld). I was the best IT student then and promised an offer anytime I come back. I developed an excellent interpersonal skills with the CEO of the company ( like sending him a happy new month messages, calling him, sometime asked him how is the company and his workers, prayed for him in my texts, etc). Knowing full well the situation of jobs hurt in the country coupled with the economic recession.

Forward after my NYSC passing out in October, 2016 , I went back to the company and I was told no vacancy because of the recession but the CEO promised me if there is any vacancy he will let me know because of my resilient attitude.

April this year , the CEO called me when there was vacancy but I declined because I had an offer in Lagos that didn't favour me later.

I later ran back to him and told him I will accept the offer. He couldn't reject me because of the excellent interpersonal relationship I have created over the years with him.

The day I came to his office, that was the day I started work.

Graduates, please always develop an excellent interpersonal skills with anyone you always have encountered with. Don't start with the notion of job because you are desperate to have one, that would look suspicious.

Lastly, I give all the glory to God because I am no longer under my parent because I can cater for my little needs as I await for a better offer with the experience getting from here now because no company wants to employ any graduate without experience

Interpersonal skill is the key.

4 Likes

Re: I Need A Job Even Without Being Paid(volunteer Job) by michaelbelgium(m): 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
EdoBoy90:
I am also a Mechanical Engineering graduate, graduated in 2014.

Some of us engineers don't want to start lone. Our aspiration is oil companies like the chemical engineer.

During my Industrial training, I didn't mine in an automobile company ( Name withheld). I was the best IT student then and promised an offer anytime I come back. I developed an excellent interpersonal skills with the CEO of the company ( like sending him a happy new month messages, calling him, sometime asked him how is the company and his workers, prayed for him in my texts, etc). Knowing full well the situation of jobs hurt in the country coupled with the economic recession.

Forward after my NYSC passing out in October, 2016 , I went back to the company and I was told no vacancy because of the recession but the CEO promised me if there is any vacancy he will let me know because of my resilient attitude.

April this year , the CEO called me when there was vacancy but I declined because I had an offer in Lagos that didn't favour me later.

I later ran back to him and told him I will accept the offer. He couldn't reject me because of the excellent interpersonal relationship I have created over the years with him.

The day I came to his office, that was the day I started work.

Graduates, please always develop an excellent interpersonal skills with anyone you always have encountered with. Don't start with the notion of job because you are desperate to have one, that would look suspicious.

Lastly, I give all the glory to God because I am no longer under my parent because I can cater for my little needs as I await for a better offer with the experience getting from here now because no company wants to employ any graduate without experience

Interpersonal skill is the key.
thank you for your post bro and i must say am impressed. but you should remember that we all have career paths to follow. i have gotten jobs in companies that have no business with my area of interest. it might also interest you to know that where i did my undergraduate intenship has nothing much to offer with regards to chemical engineering. i intend to be a world class engineer in future that is why i do not want to leave the field of engineering and seriously looking for experience.
i have admission in a university to pursue my masters degree starting in january 2018.
thanks for your post.
Re: I Need A Job Even Without Being Paid(volunteer Job) by EdoBoy90(m): 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
michaelbelgium:

thank you for your post bro and i must say am impressed. but you should remember that we all have career paths to follow. i have gotten jobs in companies that have no business with my area of interest. it might also interest you to know that where i did my undergraduate intenship has nothing much to offer with regards to chemical engineering. i intend to be a world class engineer in future that is why i do not want to leave the field of engineering and seriously looking for experience.
i have admission in a university to pursue my masters degree starting in january 2018.
thanks for your post.

OK. I want to be a renowned Engineer too that is why I need the experience then opt out for my masters degree.
Re: I Need A Job Even Without Being Paid(volunteer Job) by AMAKAEUPH: 9:16am On Jul 04, 2017
Please I need an urgent job am already becoming frustrated , I studied Agricultural Economics,i have not served yet, NYSC is by next year October, I stay at port Harcourt, oyigbo to be precise please I need a little job like Secretary or administrative assistant please help me my dear brothers n sisters, save a soul today please
Re: I Need A Job Even Without Being Paid(volunteer Job) by zelion: 10:24am On Dec 01, 2020
Good day my fellow nairalanders. I am a female graduate of Chemical engineering with a second class upper. Please i am seriously in need of a place where I can volunteer or intern at so I can gain experience in a my field. I would really appreciate any assistance or guide I can get.
Re: I Need A Job Even Without Being Paid(volunteer Job) by Gucc: 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2020
Hello ladies & gents, I humbly seek for that industry experience in engineering. I am a graduate of Chemical Engineering, graduated in 2009 with a second class upper. I am ready to work in the industry free without pay/volunteer. All I seek is that cognate experience. I have written to many companies with this offer but I didn't get feedback over the years. I have worked in some unrelated field but that inner joy of fulfilment to practice what I studied wasn't there. I am open to Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Research, Biomedical or any other engineering opportunities just so I can build my cognate experience and take it from there.

(1) (Reply)

See The Job Invite I Got Today. / United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Latest Recruitment 2018 (5 Positions) / ECOWAS Recruitment 2018 | Application Guide And Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.