Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,334 members, 7,829,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) (17544 Views)

Haruna Sanusi Resigns After Ganduje’s Installation Of New Emirates Heads In Kano / Chinese Man, Mike Zhang Crowned A Chief In Kano, Nigerians React (video) / Man Who Visited Emir Sanusi’s Library In Kano Is Shocked (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by ephi123(f): 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
EazyMoh:

Says a Yoruba man! Hahahahaahhahahah

Wicked. cheesy

Never heard of this game. Interesting.
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
grin
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by Rokaa(m): 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
EazyMoh:
Ruwa ta sha!
Lol I remember this game, I used to make a very formidable "ruwa" due to my small size when I was a kid. Those older, bigger and stronger than us will form the defense at the front and I'd be the quarter back. Taking the slightest chance I'd dash swiftly to the goal.
It's quiet dangerous though. I remember getting caught between two strong opponents. It wasn't funny!

You must be a fast runner, the way some Ruwa's run and jump on one foot eh. Some even jump over cars grin

When those big boys ambush you the whole world turns black.
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by EazyMoh(m): 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
Rokaa:

You must be a fast runner, the way some Ruwa's run and jump on one foot eh. Some even jump over cars grin

When those big boys ambush you the whole world turns black.
Hahahaha very true!
I was small, slim and fast that time. but most importantly I count on the defense of my stronger teammates who give that kind push to the chest that will send a player tumbling on the ground, no need to even target your lago.
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by bahaushe1: 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
Played the game back then especially under bright moon light.
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by Rokaa(m): 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
highchief3:
I use to play this game as a kid. I was a champion, I was the ruwa (the last man) this was before metasine uprising that drove us out of the north.

That man's lunacy is out of this world, the barbarity, fanaticism and extremism is very shocking.
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by Rokaa(m): 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
EazyMoh:

Hahahaha very true!
I was small, slim and fast that time. but most importantly I count on the defense of my stronger teammates who give that kind push to the chest that will send a player tumbling on the ground, no need to even target your lago.

grin grin grin

If the player pushed is a cry baby, the first thing you will hear is "Allah ya isa, shege mugu".

1 Like

Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by ioreth69(f): 5:33pm On Jul 03, 2017
Oluwamuyeewa:
cool but Hausa people too dey worwor lipsrsealed
u sure?
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by jamislaw(m): 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
I remembered​ when I was schooling in A.B.U Zaria i used to organise Almajiri boys to play this game, the winner team will go home with highest price.

Then there was a football pitch at the front of Faculty of veterinary medicine.
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by farouk0403(m): 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
aminho:

Allah sarki duniya jiya ba yau na

Lol have you ever played the game?
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by modsfucker: 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
Oluwamuyeewa:
cool but Hausa people too dey worwor lipsrsealed

Wetin concern you... Is it your wowo
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by modsfucker: 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2017
Rokaa:

The bullies usually initiate the idea to play the game. Most times they have who to descend on in mind even before the game starts.

Cam you imagin It amazes me when people chose to open their mouth only for them to speak unintelligent words.... Kabayasa undecided
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by realbest(m): 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
Whuna:
Just see wetin Buhari don cause
Mumu. before ur father was born , Hausa play langa game.Bigot it didn't start now.
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by Rokaa(m): 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
modsfucker:

Cam you imagin It amazes me when people chose to open their mouth only for them to speak unintelligent words.... Kabayasa undecided

Adults in the so-called civilized world engage in sports of beating and knocking one another with spectators from all works of life without condemnation that it's irresponsible, rather it's listed among descent occupations.

There's long list of "unintelligent", it includes you and the things you do.
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by Rokaa(m): 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
jamislaw:
I remembered​ when I was schooling in A.B.U Zaria i used to organise Almajiri boys to play this game, the winner team will go home with highest price.

Then there was a football pitch at the front of Faculty of veterinary medicine.

Sometimes we play with the Almajiris, you'll be surprised how strong they are, we'll get tired and leave but they only stop when it's time to go back to their schools.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by uvalued(m): 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
Young03:
Langa match with trousers

well na local.people self

BEnin electricity distribution company

abeg give us light

my ba3 is now 1%

BEDC DO TGE NEEDFUL KWIK
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by jamislaw(m): 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
Rokaa:

Sometimes we play with the Almajiris, you'll be surprised how strong they are, we'll get tired and leave but they only stop when it's time to go back to their schools.
gaskiya ne.
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by gawu1: 7:15pm On Jul 03, 2017
alexanderkings:
nah them ..them dey learn how to fight and killll innocent civilians in the north even with one leg if the other leg is amputated.. They have successful invent a tactics that this crippled and one hand almajiris fit use kill civilian weey dey waka for road.. The guy in the pic pointing nah them invigilator wey dey pinpoint the good to go terro for action
A say by an Osu. Someone has predicted your coming and actually you surfaced without disappointing.
Factory made babies would always attack real human culture because they, themselves lack culture.
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by peterbello(m): 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
During the Nicega 1996 games in FCE, Kano, langa was among the games. Many of the colleges of Education (even those in the south) participated.
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
gawu1:

A say by an Osu. Someone has predicted your coming and actually you surfaced without disappointing.
Factory made babies would always attack real human culture because they, themselves lack culture.
who is this hausa he goat. E pain am .. Go get a life murd****
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by ehinmowo: 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
gud one...bt I really wishe women and girl child in dt place cud hv freedom like theur male counterparts, nt subjugated under religion
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by aminho(m): 9:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
farouk0403:

Lol have you ever played the game?
Haba mana!i was the ronaldo of that game 8 to 9 pm Maiduguri
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by gawu1: 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
alexanderkings:
who is this hausa he goat. E pain am .. Go get a life murd****
Who are the pained ones like Bia fraud pigs from Osu lineage. Your status is confirmed & stamped.
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
gawu1:

Who are the pained ones like Bia fraud pigs from Osu lineage. Your status is confirmed & stamped.
loook at this terrorist .. Bloody f**l .bast+++
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by emmychesh(m): 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
Young03:

abeg give us light

my ba3 is now 1%
Lol 3hours on 3 hours off
Benin sha nawa o
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by emmychesh(m): 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
Young03:

abeg give us light

my ba3 is now 1%

Lol 3hours on 3 hours off
Benin sha nawa o
Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by farouk0403(m): 4:54am On Jul 04, 2017
aminho:

Haba mana!i was the ronaldo of that game 8 to 9 pm Maiduguri

Lols nima na ta ba yin game din, is very interesting thou.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Langa Match Organized In Kano By Two Local Governments (Photos) by gawu1: 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
alexanderkings:
loook at this terrorist .. Bloody f**l .bast+++
I would have honoured you a little had it being that you were mothered by a prostitute even. But you are a factory made.
Even if I feed you to my cow what satisfaction will I get?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil / Yoruba Boys And Igbo Gals / Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.