Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel (14118 Views)

10 Ways To Save Fuel For Your Car / How To Save Fuel When Driving / Easy Tips And Tricks Every Driver Should Know (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by 2bam: 9:30am On Jul 05, 2017
IpobExposed:
Everybody is looking for how to make fuel last now.
Because fuel is expensive due to Jonathan and his boys
. I now seeeeeeee you can never be truthful in your life.
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by dljbd1(m): 9:39am On Jul 05, 2017
deep
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by Meetleader: 9:48am On Jul 05, 2017
mactoni91:
so shoes would make a car waste fuel?

The more the shoes... the more the weight on the car... and consequently would put more load on the engine...resulting to higher energy generation thus requiring more fuel consumption

In physics.... Force = mass x acceleration due to gravity...

F = ma...
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by tabisegroup(m): 10:24am On Jul 05, 2017
Does A.C consume fuel?
What of bad or leaked exhaust system ?
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by Exponental(m): 10:27am On Jul 05, 2017
nice write up...... Good servicing goes a long way too.
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by mafioso47(m): 11:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
don't buy fuel in small volumes, a large portion of the volume stays in the dispensing hose .
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by pinson(m): 9:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
cyborg123:
wink
Spot on. I love the fact that your tips are not some generic internet crap.

Tip 2, is very important and based on experience, is the biggest way to save gas especially on our pot hole ridden roads. Always accelerate smoothly and keep the revs down. It isn't a goddamn race.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by pinson(m): 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
nikz:
Thanx for the tips. God bless u

Thank you very much. You can read about maintenance tips on http://motorfixer.com/blog/ and you are free to ask any questions on cars
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by pinson(m): 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
MirJay:
undecided . I love the tips and surely am gonna apply them but am not sure this will work for those wo prefer refilling their tanks with one litre.

It will work and believe me it will work good. You can sign up on http://motorfixer.com for more maintenance update
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by pinson(m): 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2017
emi14:
Op you mean fuel can evaporate while in tanks. How?

Yes, fuel can evaporate when the oil filler cap is not tightened very well
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by pinson(m): 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
potent5:
Good. But is that all?

I enjoyed the introductory part of the post. Tho.

No lol, you can read more maintenance updates on http://motorfixer.com/blog/
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by pinson(m): 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
Drabrah:
Txs OP.
Buh worabout A/C? I've heard contrary views on this.

Keep tabs on http://motorfixer.com/blog/ or sign up on the website. We will make extensive research on it
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by pinson(m): 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2017
HAH:
Na this kind topic I gbadun not snake and tonto dike

TIP : when you reach a slop put the gear on neutral off your engine, the car will just glide, sometimes I get almost 1km free, though now level have changed LOL

Thank you very much. Research on cars always keeps me busy from Nairaland. I will engage more
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by pinson(m): 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
ogunwalea:
For okada nko? How do i save fuel for my Bajaj?

Lol. I think your Bajaj uses the same fuel as other cars

1 Like

Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by mejai(m): 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2017
HAH:
Na this kind topic I gbadun not snake and tonto dike

TIP : when you reach a slop put the gear on neutral off your engine, the car will just glide, sometimes I get almost 1km free, though now level have changed LOL
Haa! dangerous move.... ways to activate steering lock and ineffective braking.
My hand no dey dis one oooo.
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by pinson(m): 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
mejai:

Haa! dangerous move.... ways to activate steering lock and ineffective braking.
My hand no dey dis one oooo.

Lolzzz
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by emi14: 5:51am On Aug 04, 2017
pinson:

Yes, fuel can evaporate when the oil filler cap is not tightened very well

Ok..you're right in such situations. Have a nice day.
Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by paix(m): 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
ogunwalea:
For okada nko? How do i save fuel for my Bajaj?
Add one table spoon of salt, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Consumption Tips And Tricks 101: A Guide To Save Fuel by chinos4all: 6:31am On Dec 03, 2017
Nice tips. But when u using ur cruise after breaking use your pedal first to approach your set speed before you tap ur cruise stick to meet up. ( e.g let's say you set ur speed at 100km/hr, after breaking use ur pedal to accelerate like 97km/hr then tap ur cruise stick to do the remaining 3), in that way ur cruise don't have to rev that high or sharp.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Good Is Peugeot 206? / 10 Essential Things To Have In Your Car Always. / Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.