Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 4/7/2017 Sleeping Through The Storm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 4/7/2017 Sleeping Through The Storm (281 Views)

4 - 7 Weeks Old Cockerel Available In Bulk / Register Your Company With Cac Today / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 17/8/1 When A Christain Denies Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 4/7/2017 Sleeping Through The Storm by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 04, 2017
CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
SLEEPING THROUGH THE STORM
Read Psalm 121

MEMORISE
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 121:1)

This Psalm is best appreciated by the following story: Years ago, a farmer owned a piece of land, along the Atlantic seacoast, where no man wanted to be hired, for the dread of the awful storms that raged across the Atlantic, wreaking havoc on the buildings and crops. At last, a short, thin man, well past middle age, was hired, who when interviewed said, "Well, I can sleep when the wind blows." Although, puzzled by this answer, the farmer, desperate for help, hired him. The little man worked well around the farm, busy from dawn to dusk, and the farmer felt satisfied with the man's work.
Then one night, the wind howled loudly in from offshore. Jumping out of bed, the farmer grabbed a lantern and rushed next door to the hired hand's sleeping quarters. He shook the little man and yelled, "Get up! A storm is coming! Tie things down before they blow away!" The little man rolled over in bed and said firmly, "No sir. I told you, I can sleep when the wind blows." Enraged by the old man's response, the farmer was tempted to fire him on the spot. Instead, he hurried outside to prepare for the storm. To his amazement, he discovered that all the haystacks had been covered with tarpaulins. The cows were in the barn, the chickens were in the coops, and the doors were barred. The shutters were tightly secured. Everything was tied down. Nothing could blow away. The farmer then understood what his hired hand meant when he said that "he could sleep when the wind blows." And he returned to bed to also sleep while the wind blew.
Your God does better than that hired man. Keep your trust in Him always and it shall be well. When you put your trust in Him, you Can assuredly go to bed. He's already taking care of everything (Mk. 4:36-41).

PRAYER POINTS
1. Lord God, strengthen me always in You, amidst even the toughest storms of life.
2. Lord, rid me of the fear that makes one to look away from Your greatness to the supposed bigness of life’s challenges.
3. Pray for as many as you know of brethren, going through difficult situations/times, that God should help them out.

EXTRA READING 4 2DE: GENESIS 16 - 19

(1) (Reply)

Fingerlings, Juvenile And Breeder Stock Available It / Pure Coco Nut Oil For Sell / Where Can I Get Dog Food For Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.