Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,533 members, 7,958,638 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:20 PM

6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. (10317 Views)

Volkswagen Celebrates Its 150 Millionth Vehicle,A Golf GTE / Mercedes Benz Celebrates Its Millionth GLC/GLK / Porsche Builds Its One Millionth 911 And It Is Beautiful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by AutoJoshNG: 11:45am On Jul 04, 2017
Skoda is one of those car brands we used to admire in Nigeria. However, they seem to have become endangered species on Nigerian roads as we hardly see them anymore. Some of us even think they don’t make cars anymore but they are still waxing strong.

The company recently announced they had produced the six millionth Skoda Octavia this year. The milestone unit was said to have been produced at the company’s headquarters in Mladá Boleslav, Czech Republic.

The name Octavia comes from the Latin word for the number eight: ‘Octo’.

In 1997, Skoda produced 61,000 units of the Octavia. The next year, it doubled to over 117,500 units. The Octavia Combi, which also stimulated demand, followed in 1998. In 2010, they had produced 1,442,100 Octavias.. and they reached 6 million units this year.

Michael Oeljeklaus, Skoda Board Member for Production and Logistics, said, “No other model has run off Skoda’s production lines more often than the Octavia. It is the heart of our brand and represents the high performance of Skoda production and logistics. The Octavia has made a significant contribution to Skoda’s rise on the global markets.”

https://autojosh.com/6-millionth-skoda-octavia-produced-not-a-dead-car-afterall/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by dejakif: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hello Autojosh, I need your expertise advice.
I use a 2001 Toyota Camry V6. I noticed the Check Engine light indicator flashing and it jerks when you start it in the mornings and also jerks a bit when idle in the evenings.
I recently Scanned my car and got this codes from my mechanic:
P0300
P0301
P0303
P0306
P0401
P0440
P0441
P0446
P1130
We went ahead to change all the plugs to new ones and cleared the codes. After some few days, the check engine light was back and after a month, it started jerking again when started in the early mornings. My mechanic says i have to change the complete catalyst converter and all its sensors. which will costs a lot.
Please what do you advise on this.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by dejakif: 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2017
I use a 2001 Toyota Camry V6. I noticed the Check Engine light indicator flashing and it jerks when you start it in the mornings and also jerks a bit when idle in the evenings.
P0300
P0301
P0303
P0306
P0401
P0440
P0441
P0446
P1130
We went ahead to change all the spark plugs to new ones and cleared the codes. After some few days, the check engine light was back and after a month, it started jerking again when started in the early mornings. We scanned and got the same codes again. My mechanic says i have to change the complete catalyst converter and all its sensors. which will costs a lot.
Thanks
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by AutoJoshNG: 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
dejakif:
P0300
P0301
P0303
P0306
P0401
P0440
P0441
P0446
P1130
We went ahead to change all the spark plugs to new ones and cleared the codes. After some few days, the check engine light was back and after a month, it started jerking again when started in the early mornings. We scanned and got the same codes again. My mechanic says i have to change the complete catalyst converter and all its sensors. which will costs a lot.
Thanks

Did he just change the plugs only? Because you need to check if the nozzles are not blocked and coils are not burnt. You also need to check the fuel pump, filter and sensors before heading to the catalytic converter.

14 Likes

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 05, 2017
During Jonathan period infrastructure was down.

thank u Osinbanjo
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by Theyveedo(m): 7:06am On Jul 05, 2017
Impressive
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by AceRoyal: 7:08am On Jul 05, 2017
dejakif:
P0300
P0301
P0303
P0306
P0401
P0440
P0441
P0446
P1130
Thanks
This thread was created to celebrate skoda,you come dey bring your Toyota wahala to take spoil their blues.
Chai na wa o!
undecided

3 Likes

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by davibid: 7:08am On Jul 05, 2017
Nice one but

I prefer

Ferrari
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by walemoney007(m): 7:12am On Jul 05, 2017
Nice one but I prefer Benz and bmw
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by walemoney007(m): 7:13am On Jul 05, 2017
IpobExposed:

thank u Osinbanjo
you this boy,you sha like to dey write nonsenseundecided

MAY SENSE FALL ON YOU sad

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by olafum1(m): 7:14am On Jul 05, 2017
IpobExposed:

thank u Osinbanjo

Your head is not correct

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 05, 2017
IpobExposed:

thank u Osinbanjo

Has Biafran issues taken away the left over of your sense?

May sense fall on you there

11 Likes

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by PeaceGord: 7:15am On Jul 05, 2017
I hate it when after wiping my hind and ready to leave the poo house another surge of urge to poo again forces me back to poo and wipe my hind about 3 times especially peppery poo.

Pls tap the like button if you've experienced this let us exchange ideas on it.

Lol.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by cyborg123(m): 7:24am On Jul 05, 2017
PeaceGord:
I hate it when after wiping my hind and ready to leave the poo house another surge of urge to poo again forces me back to poo and wipe my hind about 3 times especially peppery poo.

Pls tap the like button if you've experienced this let us exchange ideas on it.

Lol.
You can't just rudely force your poop story on us. And yeah... you are alone on this. grin

6 Likes

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by oyienootieno: 7:25am On Jul 05, 2017
Please run away from the product 'Skoda Octavia' from experience you will regret the day you spent your hard ern moneybon that crap. I hear winnnnn, since then i have become Team (MB)
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by megafone: 7:28am On Jul 05, 2017
dejakif:
P0300
P0301
P0303
P0306
P0401
P0440
P0441
P0446
P1130
We went ahead to change all the plugs to new ones and cleared the codes. After some few days, the check engine light was back and after a month, it started jerking again when started in the early mornings. My mechanic says i have to change the complete catalyst converter and all its sensors. which will costs a lot.
Thanks

V6 engines are better avoided.
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 05, 2017
Autojosh, I visit ur blog every day. Ur doing great things. Love it

1 Like

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by lonelydora: 7:47am On Jul 05, 2017
Ok
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by lonelydora: 7:48am On Jul 05, 2017
dejakif:
P0300
P0301
P0303
P0306
P0401
P0440
P0441
P0446
P1130
Thanks

Are you sure there's catalyst in that car? Check and confirm first.
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by lonelydora: 7:51am On Jul 05, 2017
megafone:

V6 engines are better avoided.

Don't say what you don't know.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by Mrtesso: 8:00am On Jul 05, 2017
oyienootieno:
Please run away from the product 'Skoda Octavia' from experience you will regret the day you spent your hard ern moneybon that crap. I hear winnnnn, since then i have become Team (MB)

FYI and for the record:
1) Skoda Octavia is not crap!
2)It's actually less complicated than MB if you can "afford" an adequate maintenance schedule.
3)No one should run away from the Skoda brand or the Octavia.

i)What model year of Skoda Octavia did u buy?
ii)Did u buy it new or used?

You're actually the 3rd person i'm reading such a complaint from. The other two are grossly poor vehicle handlers and lack even the basic maintenance ability.

I know persons who've driven their Skoda Octavia cars from 2007 till date with no desire to relinquish the vehicles. Others have used and sold theirs and the buyers still cruising em without isSHOES. The Skoda Superb is even more a delight to own. But that's a discussion for another thread.

AutojoshNG thanks for the heads up, plus including some of your insightful threads. You're one in 6million. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 05, 2017
walemoney007:
you this boy,you sha like to dey write nonsenseundecided

MAY SENSE FALL ON YOU sad
may it never come near him
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by AutoJoshNG: 8:18am On Jul 05, 2017
lofty900:
Autojosh, I visit ur blog every day. Ur doing great things. Love it

Thanks.
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by AutoJoshNG: 8:19am On Jul 05, 2017
Mrtesso:

AutojoshNG thanks for the heads up, plus including some of your insightful threads. You're one in 6million. cheesy

Thanks for the compliment
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:31am On Jul 05, 2017
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by dayus12(f): 8:36am On Jul 05, 2017
I can't advice anyone to use this car, expecially octavia.

We have 3 in our office and despite they are tear rubber cars, we never enjoy any of the cars for 6months.

Their repair workshop in lagos are something else.
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by dayus12(f): 8:44am On Jul 05, 2017
Mrtesso:

FYI and for the record:
1) Skoda Octavia is not crap!
2)It's actually less complicated than MB if you can "afford" an adequate maintenance schedule.
3)No one should run away from the Skoda brand or the Octavia.

i)What model year of Skoda Octavia did u buy?
ii)Did u buy it new or used?

You're actually the 3rd person i'm reading such a complaint from. The other two are grossly poor vehicle handlers and lack even the basic maintenance ability.

I know persons who've driven their Skoda Octavia cars from 2007 till date with no desire to relinquish the vehicles. Others have used and sold theirs and the buyers still cruising em without isSHOES. The Skoda Superb is even more a delight to own. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Do you market for them? The car is really a scrap. The only good part is that it can be very beautiful outside but engine and other components can make the buyer cry...

I manage 3 of the cars in our office and you can't imagine what we are experiencing. The skoda workshop couldn't even diagnose properly.

We bought the cars new o
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by Day169: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2017
dayus12:

Do you market for them? The car is really a scrap. The only good part is that it can be very beautiful outside but engine and other components can make the buyer cry...

I manage 3 of the cars in our office and you can't imagine what we are experiencing. The skoda workshop couldn't even diagnose properly.

We bought the cars new o

I beg to differ @dayus12.
The Skoda brand is world renowned, and the Octavia has a string of awards and accolades to its credit. It's basically a VW Jetta with more room, a better build quality and at a discounted price when compared with the VW!
The secret to keeping the Skoda & VW (as with other German cars) is keeping to a strict maintenance schedule. Mess with it and you mess up the car.
Most Skoda Octavia owners who've kept their car from new are very reluctant to put it up for sale, and so I agree entirely with Mrtesso!
The car is just a victim of the Nigerian Syndrome. ..If it's not a Toyota (or any other Jap car), then it's crap!
.. Skoda all the way!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by teeono64: 9:21am On Jul 05, 2017
I recently acquired a 1.6 engine Skoda Octavia from a friend which he bought new. its currently at 58000 km. its a high performance car i must confess. How best can i enjoy the this car in addition to the visiting the Skoda Workshop. Also, are there basic things i can take care of on my own to keep the car in a good shape at all times?
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by whizzyleejr(m): 9:37am On Jul 05, 2017
Bebe nlo bi skodagringrin
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by obaoyedotun(m): 10:45am On Jul 05, 2017
Not really good with cars but I will advise you drain the fuel maybe it's adulterated or water is mixed in it
dejakif:
P0300
P0301
P0303
P0306
P0401
P0440
P0441
P0446
P1130
Thanks
Re: 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. by samuelgodson(m): 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
[quote author=walemoney007 post=58137414] you this boy,you sha like to dey write nonsenseundecided

MAY SENSE FALL ON YOU sad[/quoate]amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Skills Every Female Car Driver Should Have / 6 Typical Reasons Why Your Transmission System May Not Last Long / Which Do You Prefer ? The Venza Or Rx 350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.