Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:03 AM

Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" (18917 Views)

Bbnaija Is An Immoral Act We Should Fight To Stop It - CAN Insists / Chizzy Alichi Full White Wedding| Many Nollywood Celebrity Show Up At Chizzy Wed / I Cannot Act Nude In A Movie Even If Offered $5million – Yvonne Nelson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by Isaactroy(m): 11:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
Na wah o, dis guy dey talk as if im no be film person,
there must be mistakes in everything, who no dey make mistakes?
even dem editors, their own worst pass,
even oyinbo people dey make mistakes on set, if u doubt me, just download or watch any behind the scenes or making of their films, they even miss their lines and even speak english (their language) wrongly.
so to me, dis mumu just dey find attention.
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by adegeye38(m): 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2017
only very few of us are talented, but very few are super talented like me smiley
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
Ain't that the truth,I cringe whenever I stumble across nigerian home movies,they do everything with force and pick words one one as if they just read the script on site. angry

3 Likes

Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by Catastrophe: 12:09am On Jul 05, 2017
MirJay:
undecided . These Editors are the rock of Nollywood. I categorically state that actresses like Mercy Aigbe have nothing to offer the industry.
And she has won AMVCA like many times?
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 05, 2017
Inanna:
You're doing a bad job covering up their crappy acting, it's still pretty obvious.

How perfectly well can you turn faeces to chocolate?

2 Likes

Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by davidif: 2:11am On Jul 05, 2017
Isaactroy:
Na wah o, dis guy dey talk as if im no be film person,
there must be mistakes in everything, who no dey make mistakes?
even dem editors, their own worst pass,
even oyinbo people dey make mistakes on set, if u doubt me, just download or watch any behind the scenes or making of their films, they even miss their lines and even speak english (their language) wrongly.
so to me, dis mumu just dey find attention.

There is a difference between making mistakes and simply not being good enough for a job shikena.

1 Like

Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by davidif: 2:12am On Jul 05, 2017
justscorchone:
Ain't that the truth,I cringe whenever I stumble across nigerian home movies,they do everything with force and pick words one one as if they just read the script on site. angry

As in eh?!? They can be so painful to watch with their weird accents.
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by davidif: 2:13am On Jul 05, 2017
Inanna:
You're doing a bad job covering up their crappy acting, it's still pretty obvious.

You can put a lipstick.on a pig as much as you want but it's still a ....
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 05, 2017
Most nollywood actors cant act, the directing is poor, they cant make proper facial expressions to match the mood they are trying to depict, the way they face the camera is awkward.

1 Like

Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 05, 2017
prettyboi1989:
Most nollywood actors cant act, the directing is poor, they cant make proper facial expressions to match the mood they are trying to depict, the way they face the camera is awkward.
Absolutely! grin especially when acting as a ghost, nigerian movies is always about ghosts and rituals, the supposedly ghost smoking cigarettes and wearing fake eyelashes grin how did they know ghosts appears in white colours with a Rubbish American accent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by MEILYN(m): 5:22am On Jul 05, 2017
swiz123:
Edited or not,i know most actors and actresses in Nigeria are slowpokes in actting.example is madam Mercy johnson who stresses every last word in her sentence whenever she is agitated.
You are a hater..
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by MEILYN(m): 5:29am On Jul 05, 2017
You guys should change the kind of movies you watch. If you watch African Magic Epic, then there's absolutely no way you would know Nigerian movie industry has improved. I used to watch Nigerian mediocre movies and they were nothing to write home about.

I changed my mind and opinion when I started watching African Magic Family and African Magic Urban. I used to hate Nigerian movies but I now watch them because they are making sense. So I just think you guys haven't upgraded your preferences.
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by swiz123(m): 6:34am On Jul 05, 2017
nuelzy:
is this one normal .... that lady is one of the actress that i don't need to have migraine seeing in a movie ..

I know you love the woman,but take a closer look at her acting,you will notice it is not so real.Watch majid Michel act and you will notice the difference.
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 05, 2017
I can't be caught watching nollywood movies..if I am watching Nigerian I do only Yoruba movies because it's more closer to reality
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by iShadow(m): 7:17am On Jul 05, 2017
Honest and so true! Worst is that..you can watch 5 movies in a row and you still see the same set of people.. Acting rubbish..
Open up audition to everyone.and come and see real talents..
Even subtitles are blunders..
Mtcheeew...
B4U movies all the way jere... grin

1 Like

Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by nuelzy: 7:25am On Jul 05, 2017
swiz123:

I know you love the woman,but take a closer look at her acting,you will notice it is not so real.Watch majid Michel act and you will notice the difference.
....majid that over acts ... hmmm...
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by emi14: 7:27am On Jul 05, 2017
Nollywood star cannot act? A star? Why label them star?
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by emi14: 7:28am On Jul 05, 2017
dairykidd:
I can't be caught watching nollywood movies..if I am watching Nigerian I do only Yoruba movies because it's more closer to reality
Bigots allover
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 05, 2017
emi14:

Bigots allover
Dimwit I am not even Yoruba or related to one I only said my Nigerian movies of preference & why.. If e pain u go and die sh1t brain!!!
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by toye440: 7:41am On Jul 05, 2017
Ekakamba:
Cover 'em up how? By paying the 'actors' meagre sums & forking the actresses in exchange for role? I thought as much. Well the bosses need no cover up coz they know their talent & worth. Hausa, Igbo & Youruba movie got better storyline than the sh!t call Nollywood.

It's better for me to watch Telemundo & ZeeW than No Lee Wood. tongue tongue
Nollywood was hijacked, and since then many saw it as igbowood and stop patronizing them, the only thing that thrives there today is d soap opera, and moment they hijack that again, everyone would b forced to stick to their ethnic wood.
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by mars123(m): 7:50am On Jul 05, 2017
swiz123:
Edited or not,i know most actors and actresses in Nigeria are slowpokes in actting.example is madam Mercy johnson who stresses every last word in her sentence whenever she is agitated.
Mercy Johnson that can act any role
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by Kay512: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2017
nuelzy:
is this one normal .... that lady is one of the actress that i don't need to have migraine seeing in a movie ..

That statement I bolded is not right. That's what he thinks about her. We can't have same feelings for same people. Respect the opinion of others.
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by blont(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2017
bercarray:
mtcheew, and who said they can act before, that is why nollywood is becoming boring, sorry it not becoming, it is boring, most ladies if not all are just there to show their faces and their assets to support their ashawo business, that is why when you interview most of them they always talk about"my b**bs makes it hard for men to woo me, I have 50men toasting me online etc" abeg what is my business with that? you will see Daniella okeke sharing pictures of her tour like she is not there to meet her next customer

u too that you are talking like you don't know their ability to act before , is it not because of their toto you put them there to act

rubbish
This guy dey vex...
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by blont(m): 8:53am On Jul 05, 2017
davidif:

As in eh?!? They can be so painful to watch with their weird accents.
these are d fake life we just read about, what accent do u speak and what accent do u want to watch them with? american english or british english? forming kill ur head.

1 Like

Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by jaytime(m): 9:03am On Jul 05, 2017
You cover them up by jumping in with a masked face to play their role for them. Story...continue!
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by donqx: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2017
we know
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by tboss4real247: 10:09am On Jul 05, 2017
Stop covering them, Use me�

Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by dlordy100: 10:48am On Jul 05, 2017
nt surprised.... wot do u get wen u jst care abt gtn inbetween Dia legs b4 u gv dem scripts whereas doz ones dt has actin calls ar bin neglected cos dy won't succumb to ur selfish desires....
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by CioAngels(f): 11:20am On Jul 05, 2017
Do i say am surprised to hear a producer say some actors don't know there craft. when you producers believe that aggression and excessive shouting is acting and when they don't shout and aggressive you see them as not knowing how to act. jude, should they act or they should be the character of the role given? jude, until film makers stops their fire brigade approach, am afraid you will not get it right, you give a script today and you call for shoot in two days or give a script now and say he is on set in the next ten minutes, how will you expert a good job? Rathan than take the lines you allow improvisation and at the end the essence of the story is removed, that is not to say one cannot improvise when a word or two is not right but not removing lines just becos you forgot your lines, thespians are not magicians so they can, forget lines. Even the celebrities take a line or two they cut to learn the next line. The producers are in such a hurry to bring out their films so the old tradition of one week rehearsals is on longer known becos they are in a hurry or laziness. Genevive from day one does not act but being the character of her role, very good. Actors are not in right place say no rehearsals.
Re: Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" by CioAngels(f): 11:37am On Jul 05, 2017
swiz123:
Yes, you said when she is agitated, yes she is anxious and for her to be calm she can stress her words. So i think.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oge Okoye’s Look For The Amvcas Nominees Party / Duncan Mighty And Wife Expecting Twins! / Who Is Debbie OA (mummy Zee), And Why Is She Trending?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.