Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Mpie Y12 phone review - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mpie Y12 phone review (4547 Views)

Vivo Y12: Powerful Battery And Great Performance / Vivo Y12 Thread / White Guy Compares A Bad Phone Review To Nigeria. (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 8:44pm On Jul 11, 2017

Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by Gosj01(m): 8:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
mikeycharles:
grin grin you must be a witch lol shocked shocked shocked

Just go collect ur device and give us review jare...
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by Donsammi(m): 8:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
mikeycharles:
jumia emailed it to me
OK cool lemme check my mail then
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
Gosj01:

Just go collect ur device and give us review jare...
within this week, e go show face, review loading
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
Donsammi:

OK cool
lemme check my mail then
check the promotion label on gmail
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
The long awaited phone is finally here, it arrived today 4:50, I ordered on the 3rd of July.

OK, let's do this.
The mpie came in a very nice carton, I quickly opened the thing up,revealing my beauty, opened the back cover and inserted my sim, there was an insulation tape on the battery, I remove am sharp sharp no time. It has a metallic feel although its plastic, squarish kinda shape but that's OK. No earpiece or memory card embarassed , they were kind enough to add a very powerful antibreak and rubber case.

Interface

It came with android 6.0, very stunning display but not to die for. I noticed that the brightness can be reduced to the minimum and it's still clear even under the sunlight, nice right?

Storage

The ROM is 8gb but due to system files I have approximately 5gb for my apps and media files, well android 6.0 allows the SD card to act as an internal storage, so that's nice.

Battery

The charger is rubbish, I didn't even bother using it, I used my 1.2A charger, the charging is kinda slow due to constant usage of the WiFi to browse.
The battery was 25 percent when I got and it reached 19% from 4:55 to 7:30

CPU Speed and RAM management
The CPU is surprisingly fast for 1.3ghz, I've opened like 15apps and non have forced close, the RAM management is superb, google manifested themselves in producing the marshmallow OS, everything works fine.

Fingerprinting
I'll say great, yeah it takes about 2 seconds to recognize a finger.

Browsing and internet speed
The browsing speed is satisfactory, faster if I should say so myself and I'm using a hotspot with MTN network.

others
There is a gesture sensor, barcode scanner and smart wake. Yeah a lot of features

Feel free to ask me any questions

Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 9:25pm On Jul 13, 2017

Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
Tahrah:
grin grin When the phone arrives,i'd like to see your review.
it's here
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
OVA200:
Please quote me when the phone arrives I want to order for someone
its here
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
mikeycharles:
it's here
cheesy cheesy
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by Mustiboy(m): 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
Nice review.
Let's know what the camera quality is like and also how long the battery lasts on full charge
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
Mustiboy:
Nice review.
Let's know what the camera quality is like and also how long the battery lasts on full charge
back camera

Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by Mustiboy(m): 10:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
mikeycharles:
back camera
quiet colorful
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by OVA200(m): 10:04pm On Jul 13, 2017
mikeycharles:
its here
Congrat review please
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
Front camera

Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 10:14pm On Jul 13, 2017
OVA200:
Congrat review please
page 2
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 10:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
Camera
The both camera's produces decent images, they are equipped with both back and front facing flash. The front camera has a soft flash.
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by erobes: 8:10am On Jul 14, 2017
does it support OTG?
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 9:09am On Jul 14, 2017
erobes:
does it support OTG?
no
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by kenny1795(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2017
U got a great steal there. Congrats
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
kenny1795:
U got a great steal there. Congrats
thank you
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 18, 2017
mikeycharles:
thank you
Another review please.
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 8:41am On Jul 19, 2017
Tahrah:
Another review please.
another what
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2017
Tahrah:
Another review please.
another what
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by songzDaniel01(m): 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
mikeycharles:
Did I tell you guys I also ordered the tomtom for my sister and yes to answer your question, I'm part chinese tongue
NB: I did not say tomtom
y on earth would u order tom tom
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2017
mikeycharles:
another what
Never mind.
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by kenny1795(m): 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
mikeycharles:
The long awaited phone is finally here, it arrived today 4:50, I ordered on the 3rd of July.

OK, let's do this.
The mpie came in a very nice carton, I quickly opened the thing up,revealing my beauty, opened the back cover and inserted my sim, there was an insulation tape on the battery, I remove am sharp sharp no time. It has a metallic feel although its plastic, squarish kinda shape but that's OK. No earpiece or memory card embarassed , they were kind enough to add a very powerful antibreak and rubber case.

Interface

It came with android 6.0, very stunning display but not to die for. I noticed that the brightness can be reduced to the minimum and it's still clear even under the sunlight, nice right?

Storage

The ROM is 8gb but due to system files I have approximately 5gb for my apps and media files, well android 6.0 allows the SD card to act as an internal storage, so that's nice.

Battery

The charger is rubbish, I didn't even bother using it, I used my 1.2A charger, the charging is kinda slow due to constant usage of the WiFi to browse.
The battery was 25 percent when I got and it reached 19% from 4:55 to 7:30

CPU Speed and RAM management
The CPU is surprisingly fast for 1.3ghz, I've opened like 15apps and non have forced close, the RAM management is superb, google manifested themselves in producing the marshmallow OS, everything works fine.

Fingerprinting
I'll say great, yeah it takes about 2 seconds to recognize a finger.

Browsing and internet speed
The browsing speed is satisfactory, faster if I should say so myself and I'm using a hotspot with MTN network.

others
There is a gesture sensor, barcode scanner and smart wake. Yeah a lot of features

Feel free to ask me any questions
is dz fone still servin u well? As I plan to buy it in 2wks time
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2017
kenny1795:
is dz fone still servin u well? As I plan to buy it in 2wks time
It's a very good device.
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by kenny1795(m): 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
mikeycharles:
It's a very good device.
how much is it again?
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 3:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
kenny1795:
how much is it again?
It's on Jumia
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by Hazeal1992: 9:51am On Jun 08, 2018
Pls i have mpie y12 bt i mistakenly deleted some file from the os and now its misbehaving and now i need someone that has the phone to help me out pls i beg you help me here is my number 08065417521
Re: Mpie Y12 phone review by mikeycharles(m): 7:13am On Jan 20, 2019
UPDATE
Just scrolled through my previous posts and discovered this one, can't believe it's over 2 years that I ordered for this phone whew! God has being great, from using budget devices to where I am right now...
Anyways, I didn't use the device for up to year before deciding to upgrade so I sold it to my brother.
I have used phones before but none can be compared to the Y12 when it comes to "unbrickable", like I've literally tried every method in the book to root this device all to no avail. the phone system storage is so secure and likewise it's body, my brother still uses the phone and it's as solid as ice block with huge bezels and all.
After over 4 months of using the device, I noticed the RAM management was so poor and I was unable to play games such as Injustice. the battery and camera was also one of the reasons i abandoned the device, the battery was giving me less than 4 hours screen on time (SOT) under heavy usage and the camera; let's just say if you are dark skinned and tried taking a selfie at night, only your teeth would show grin. The device came with stock Android (marshmallow) and had literally no customization except for the boot animation that displays "welcome". The phone served me well for the time being but my thirst can't be quenched.
So in conclusion the phone is still waking strong despite being so ridiculously cheap and an unpopular brand but it has managed to survive my destructive hands (as my Mother calls it, no like seriously i dismantle everything given to me; from toys, phones, to computers).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Solve This Problem? (photo) / How Do I Unlock Nokia C3. / Mtn Android Users!!! What Data Plan Do You Suscribe To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.