Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,462 members, 7,812,412 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

3 Crucial Business Lessons To Learn From Nathaniel Bassey's Hallelujah Challenge - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Crucial Business Lessons To Learn From Nathaniel Bassey's Hallelujah Challenge (555 Views)

5 Crucial Business Skills For Entrepreneurs In Nigeria / Top 5 Business Lessons From Aliko Dangote, Africa’s Richest Man / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Business Lessons I Learnt From A Physically Challenged Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Crucial Business Lessons To Learn From Nathaniel Bassey's Hallelujah Challenge by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 06, 2017
What can entrepreneurs learn from the just concluded Hallelujah Challenge anchored by gospel singer, Nathaniel Bassey? What are some of the lessons from that campaign you can apply in business to get better results?

THE BEST WAY TO SUCCESS IS TO HELP PEOPLE GET WHAT THEY WANT
This is one of the oldest lesson about success and, unfortunately, one of the most neglected. You cannot put yourself first and expect to go very far in business. The best way to get what you want is to help enough people get what they want.

Nobody stayed up for the hallelujah challenge because they enjoyed staying up at night while others slept. Most of them had many different spiritual needs. Through the hallelujah challenge, Nathaniel Bassey gave them a channel to find solution to their needs. Just read the very many testimonies and you will see this is true.

Now I don’t know what Nathaniel Bassey wanted to get out of the hallelujah challenge but whatever it was he wanted, I believe he got it. And he got it by helping other people find their own solutions. If you help just enough people get what they want, you can get whatever you want. Neglect this piece of wisdom at your own peril.

The question you need to ask is: Who is my target customer and what does he/she want?

The sad truth is, many people offer products and services without knowing what their customers want. If you don’t know what your target audience wants from your product/service, you need to do whatever is necessary to find out. If not, you will have a hard time appealing to them.

SELL SOLUTIONS, NOT PRODUCTS
As an entrepreneur, you must understand that people don’t care about your product. They only thing people care about is the solution your product can bring to their need.

Instead of just making a product, you should be making solutions. When you make solutions, your customers will tell their friends about your solution, and their friends will tell their other friends about your solution.

There are many reasons thousands of people took part in the hallelujah challenge but I can bet you nobody did it because it was called The Hallelujah Challenge. Everybody who took part in the hallelujah challenge did so because they had a need – a spiritual need.

I don’t believe people stayed awake because they enjoyed staying awake. I have friends who would choke you to death if you interrupted their sleep. But when it was time to praise and worship, something they needed to do, they had to stay up for 1 hour every midnight.

If you observe many of the top brands in the business world and how they package their product delivery, you will notice that what they sell is solutions, not products.

MTN, GLO and other telecom companies, for example, don’t sell airtime or data bundles. They sell communication, connection, the need for people to stay wide apart and still stay connected. Communication is something people cannot do without, right?

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF SOCIAL MEDIA
If you still do not understand the power of social media and how it can propel your business to unimaginable heights, Nathaniel Bassey’s hallelujah challenge is a classic example. Social media is a very powerful tool in the right hands.

It is still widely debated but many people will agree that President Buhari won his presidency on social media. Much of the Trump campaign was done on Facebook and Twitter. Even till today, President Trump still uses Twitter to reach his millions of followers every day.

If your product/service is not online, you don’t have a business. Social media is still one of the best ways to let people know what you do without breaking your budget

Source: http://www.nextnaijaentrepreneur.com/hallelujah-challenge/

Re: 3 Crucial Business Lessons To Learn From Nathaniel Bassey's Hallelujah Challenge by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 06, 2017
Share your lessons
Re: 3 Crucial Business Lessons To Learn From Nathaniel Bassey's Hallelujah Challenge by Merryglad(f): 6:31am On Jul 06, 2017
the lesson I learnt is that Christians can be united if there is no more denomination..... the different church names we have is a course for concern. By the time we worship like that no church will feel superior than the other.

1 Like

Re: 3 Crucial Business Lessons To Learn From Nathaniel Bassey's Hallelujah Challenge by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 06, 2017
Merryglad:
the lesson I learnt is that Christians can be united if there is no more denomination..... the different church names we have is a course for concern. By the time we worship like that no church will feel superior than the other.

Great. We can apply it to business success as well.

(1) (Reply)

Jaiz Emerges First In Custom E-auction Integration Platform / . / Payoneer Account Hacked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.