Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos (20651 Views)

Family Members Took Pictures With Standing Dead Man (Disturbing Photos) / Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) / Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by YaksonFCA(m): 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
So.sad.. RIP to the dead and quick recovery to the injured.
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by teelaw4life(m): 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
Only God can help that little boy in the first picture.
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Slurity(m): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
Thunderdick:
They Looking Like Robocop. grin
No Abuse Of O, I am Not Feeling Fine
its obvious you are on drug
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Mekanus(m): 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
Chai, fear have catch me Oo! If this small gas remaining in my cylinder finish eh, I no use again. But seriously, what could be the cause of this?
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Odunharry(m): 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
collinsVP:
What are the causes of gas cylinder explosion?

Alot can be the cause.
People can leave it unattended to for a long time.

People atimes are advised to put the gas abit far away from the house (room/kitchen).

Frequent check should be carried out on the pipe.

After cooking, many peopl make the mistake of turning off the stove(cooking area of the gas ) instead of Valve gas cylinder itself.
The reason you turn it off from the source/valve is because once itz off, the remaining gas on the pipe can burn off quickly and with this way, its safer to turn it off.

Also, people make mistakes of closing everywhere when using gas. IT's best u open up the windows and if possible, allow proper ventilation, the better .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Odunharry(m): 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2017
I prefer my hot plate to gas..

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by UbChapter(m): 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2017
otokx:

In this 21st century.

What are you talking about? No be only 21st century. When fire from gas explosion wan burn u, him go know/remember 21st century? A beg na kerosine stove sure pass. Who gas epp?
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Rapture4real(m): 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
This gas explosion is becoming common these days.I've lived in a place BTW 1995 to 2003 where we used only gas with no single explosion.Has today's gas been compromisednor what?I'm trying to discourage my wife from its use.What is actually the cause pls?
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Leonbonapart(m): 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
esophieso:

You don't understand
make me understand
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by ikemesit4477: 10:49pm On Jul 06, 2017
keypad1:
Thats why i still love kerosine stove. No neighbour of mine go get gas stay near my house ooo
keypad well-done!
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by omotoladarasimi(m): 11:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
if this could happen to the neighbors from the other side what about those whom it happened in their building?
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by OfficialSam(m): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
keypad1:
Thats why i still love kerosine stove. No neighbour of mine go get gas stay near my house ooo

Forget dat talk. Have we nt been hearing of kerosene explosion too? Dnt be overcrowded by poverty.
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Urchmanny230: 11:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
Is a pity
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by etenyong(m): 6:07am On Jul 07, 2017
Gas explosion is very dangerous when occurred. I strongly advice all gas users to keep cylinder far away from cooker, check cylinder for expiring date. All cylinder have a maximum life span that it can be used. Try and installed Gas leak detector alarm in ur kitchen to detect any gas leak, Use correct hose and regulator and carry out physical inspection and servicing of ur appliances at least twice a year. The use of copper pipe to run the gas line is the best practice so as to keep gas cylinder away from cooker.

May God grant them his healing mercy and may the Soul of the departed find rest.
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Afritop(m): 6:30am On Jul 07, 2017
Thunderdick:
BUT WHY ASK FOR IT
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by collinsVP: 7:03am On Jul 07, 2017
Odunharry:

Alot can be the cause.

People atimes are advised to put the gas abit far away from the house (room/kitchen).

After cooking, many peopl make the mistake of turning off the stove(cooking area of the gas ) instead of Valve gas cylinder itself.
The reason you turn it off from the source/valve is because once itz off, the remaining gas on the pipe can burn off quickly and with this way, its safer to turn it off.

Also, people make mistakes of closing everywhere when using gas. IT's best u open up the windows and if possible, allow proper ventilation, the better .

I appreciate this. Thanks
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Rayd502(m): 7:09am On Jul 07, 2017
etenyong:
Gas explosion is very dangerous when occurred. I strongly advice all gas users to keep cylinder far away from cooker, check cylinder for expiring date. All cylinder have a maximum life span that it can be used. Try and installed Gas leak detector alarm in ur kitchen to detect any gas leak, Use correct hose and regulator and carry out physical inspection and servicing of ur appliances at least twice a year. The use of copper pipe to run the gas line is the best practice so as to keep gas cylinder away from cooker.

May God grant them his healing mercy and may the Soul of the departed find rest.
How about the use of those camping gas cylinders that students normally use.How safe or dangerous is it?
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Oyindidi(f): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2017
keypad1:
my gas cooker is lying there for 10 years. I don't like using gas and don't think I'll use one in future. Electric burner and stove is okay by me.
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Odunharry(m): 8:47am On Jul 07, 2017
collinsVP:

I appreciate this. Thanks
Welcome bro.
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Memories12411: 10:41am On Jul 07, 2017
I pray for God's divine healing, consolation and provision.
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by keypad1: 11:39am On Jul 07, 2017
Oyindidi:
my gas cooker is lying there for 10 years. I don't like using gas and don't think I'll use one in future. Electric burner and stove is okay by me.
we have same idealogy......?oyin i like u sha
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Oyindidi(f): 11:41am On Jul 07, 2017
keypad1:
we have same idealogy......?oyin i like u sha
For not using gas?
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by Agbalanze(m): 11:43am On Jul 07, 2017
Thunderdick:
It's obvious u 're not feeling fine cos ur brain need reformating... Amadioha fall on you!!!
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by flakee: 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
Thunderdick:

grin
Thunderdick:

truly u are not feeling fine
Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by interimex: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2017
Odunharry:

Alot can be the cause.

Other causes which final user cannot notice nor understand are the wrong filling of the cylinder itself: I mean that cylinder must be filled at 80% MAXIMUM, because gas needs some space to expand in case of higher temperatures.
So if you buy a low quality cylinder, and you fill it up not properly, there is a risk of explosion.

cooking gas is not dangerous if handled correctly.

please check our high quality cooking gas cylinders made in italy

http://www.interimex.it/en/prodotti/3

thanks

Re: Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos by interimex: 11:58am On Jan 12, 2018
Rayd502:
How about the use of those camping gas cylinders that students normally use.How safe or dangerous is it?

COOKING GAS is not dangerous itself. What is dangerous is the way it is handled by people. Camping gas cylinders, like the ones we provide (www.interimex.it) are all provided with a PRV(pressure release device) which will release pressure in case of fire, so therefore they cannot explode.

IF the starting point is a quality item, then you don't have to worry. IF you buy low quality cylinders or accessories(such as Chinese production items), you never know what to expect.

check pictures below and our website: www.interimex.it

regards

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Fiancée Is An Actress, Please Advice. / Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? / Conditions For Divorce In Christianity, and [Some Legal] Grounds for Annulment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.