Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Please What Are The Basic Tips Of Becoming A Successful Tailor? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Please What Are The Basic Tips Of Becoming A Successful Tailor? (2728 Views)

What A Nairalander Showed His Tailor Vs What He got (pic) / "My Sunday Is Ruined" - The Dress A Lady Showed Her Tailor Vs What She Got / Lady Mocked For 14 Years Because Of Her 'ugly' Leg Turns To A Successful Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Are The Basic Tips Of Becoming A Successful Tailor? by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:30am On Jul 07, 2017
Please i need basic tips of becoming a successful tailor. Thanks
Re: Please What Are The Basic Tips Of Becoming A Successful Tailor? by qdat(m): 9:04am On Jul 07, 2017
hi hero, first you must know the reason why you are a tailor... which is working with a measurement i mean a measuring taperule... cos you are to use your taperule in 3 three stagies

1 measuring your client at this point you must do it interactively with your client that will help you to know what your client really want... cos sewing to fit a particuler client or the one you measured is what makes you a tailor...

2) on your table... you must know how to convert the client measurement to a pattan draft using taperule on your cutting table at this stage you are bringing the client body shape on the fabric after which you will cut it with the scissors and dont forget to add your seeming allowance ever you are doing a pattan draft...

3) on the sewing machine... yes also need your taperule while sewing at this stage you are putting the fabrics together and you measure at evey point to make sure that what you are sewing is accurate with the client measurement...

i hope that you will find this information helpful.
Re: Please What Are The Basic Tips Of Becoming A Successful Tailor? by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
Thanks alot, pls where did you base?
qdat:
hi hero, first you must know the reason why you are a tailor... which is working with a measurement i mean a measuring taperule... cos you are to use your taperule in 3 three stagies

1 measuring your client at this point you must do it interactively with your client that will help you to know what your client really want... cos sewing to fit a particuler client or the one you measured is what makes you a tailor...

2) on your table... you must know how to convert the client measurement to a pattan draft using taperule on your cutting table at this stage you are bringing the client body shape on the fabric after which you will cut it with the scissors and dont forget to add your seeming allowance ever you are doing a pattan draft...

3) on the sewing machine... yes also need your taperule while sewing at this stage you are putting the fabrics together and you measure at evey point to make sure that what you are sewing is accurate with the client measurement...

i hope that you will find this information helpful.
Re: Please What Are The Basic Tips Of Becoming A Successful Tailor? by qdat(m): 7:25am On Jul 08, 2017
P.H Rivers State
Re: Please What Are The Basic Tips Of Becoming A Successful Tailor? by Bellarita: 11:08am On Jul 09, 2017
In addition to what qdat explained, here are some of the qualities you'll need to succeed as a designer(i would advice you dear, aim to be more than just a tailor):

Strong Business Sense
A great fashion designer has excellent business skills. You understand budgets, marketing, and sales concepts that are vital to getting designs produced and sold.

Good Communication
A number of people are involved in the creation of a garment, and as designer, you must be able to effectively communicate to everyone involved what he or she expects.

Sense of Competition
You continually strive to do better than your peers to come up with quality innovative designs quickly.

Highly Creative
You have a great sense of style and are constantly coming up with new ideas for fashions.

Strong Drawing Skills
Excellent drawing skills mean you can easily sketch your ideas onto paper to start the production process.

Good Eye for Materials
You have an eye for the materials of a garment, as well as the elements that make it unique, such as color and fabric.

Strong Sewing Skills
You can construct the garments you design. You understand what materials work best in the designs you are developing.

Team Player
Great fashion designers work well as part of a team. Designing a garment for production involves the work of many, from pattern making to sewing to shipping. As designer, you must be able to work well with all involved.

Knowledgeable of Current Fashion Trends
You follow trends (styles, fabrics, accessories and colours in vogue at every particular season) and have a good eye for anticipating what your audience will respond to next.

Strong Visualization Abilities
Good fashion designers can visualize a garment before ever putting an idea on paper. You can see the finished product well before production and can put your ideas into words and onto paper so others can grasp the idea as well.
Re: Please What Are The Basic Tips Of Becoming A Successful Tailor? by Austino4life: 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
Thanks so much I'm new in fashion n I have been looking for a site that will teach me latest ways of cutting n sewing plain trousers n suit can u help out?

(1) (Reply)

Need Fashion Designer (ankara & Lace Materials) / Medical Uniform Store - Varieties That Match Professionalism / Block Heel Ankle Strap Sandals For Ladies At Micostar Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.