Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 7/7/2017 Kingdom’s Ambassadors (i) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 7/7/2017 Kingdom’s Ambassadors (i) (286 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) / Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. / My Dream Of The Rapture(8/7/2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 7/7/2017 Kingdom’s Ambassadors (i) by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 07, 2017
CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Friday, July 7, 2017
KINGDOM’S AMBASSADORS (I)
Read John 17:11-16
MEMORISE
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. (Philippians 3:20)

A consulate is a branch embassy, headed by a Consul General and many junior Consuls. Apostle Paul writes, For our citizenship is in heaven. Though, some may spiritualise this fact away, yet it is literal and real to the church in Philippi, that understood that God has called us out of this world (Jn. 15:19) and transferred us into His Kingdom of Light (Col. 1:13; 1 Pet. 2:9). Now, having our citizenship in the Kingdom of God, by definition, makes us aliens in the physical country in which we live. We are God's ambassadors.
Do you know what an ambassador is supposed to do, or how he/she is expected to behave? Do you know how an ambassador of a foreign government is expected to interface with the various public with which he comes in contact, especially being not allowed to participate in the politics of another country, lest he/she is distracted from his/her real goal? Consulates are found in every major city, conducting the businesses of their home countries, within the regional spheres of influence of those cities. And to draw a parallel, it is safe to say that God's embassies on earth are the headquarters of any church denomination, where the leading pastor or evangelist serves as the Chargé d'Affaires or the Consul General. While the branch consulates are the individuals, and congregations with its members, serving as junior consuls. So, where is your duty post? We are ambassadors for Christ (II Cor. 5:20).
Every Christian home ought to be a designated branch consulate for the Kingdom of God, with the realisation that we are members of God's diplomatic corps. Beloved, act and live as a diplomat of God's kingdom, today and always.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Holy Spirit, let me be a true representation of Your kingdom here, on earth.
2. Lord, rid me of every unbecoming attitude that can render me irrelevant or ineffective in my God-given role, in Your eternal redemptive plan.
3. Lord, make Your Church in the land more focussed on the task of depopulating hell to populate Your Kingdom.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: GENESIS 28-30

(1) (Reply)

Tommy - Religious Write Up In Social Media Groups / Speak To Refresh / Unavailable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.