Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student (34289 Views)

Not For Indomie Generation(pix) / Mention That Subject You Never Failed Even If You Didn't Read / You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by abbeyty(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
lonikit:
there is one Yoruba literature titled Taiwo ati Kehinde. I seriously love that book. but unfortunately, I can't find it again

Taye nboju a o ba boju, kehinde nboju a o ba boju.
It was fun those days.

1 Like

Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by Olutayo89(m): 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
Am always present in Yoruba class but my soul, body, spirit is never present. In fact I don't even know the name of my Yoruba teachers till I graduated secondary school. But I had C5 in Yoruba in my SSCE
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by sirfee(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
Opiletool:

How e take concern u? Obuko
grin Where is your chill?

Op na Alawiye na,Mr Opadotun....
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by Temmy5050(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
Bade de Ade oba a o ba ba Bade be Oba a oo ba bee Sola ta ofa ni odede Ofa fo o ba ife baba Ife Oba fo ha! Oba nbo... Lol... Very thrilling days

1 Like

Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by xnsandrxns: 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ade fo ife ba
A Oba nbo
A o ba Ade be Oba
A o ba be
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by nkemdi89(f): 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2017
I really didn't enjoy the book then, the pages where not catchy , but I am looking for yemi da bi ra, it was the first Yoruba novel I read, the boy was honest and he was rewarded for that, he later joined the police force at the end . I remember a particular story where he returned some cash he saw on his way to school to the owner
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by dominique(f): 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
drogs:
Wat is school is your son's?

He's in Basic 1, that's the Yoruba textbook they're using.
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by geethaiwo(m): 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2017
kennyjam:

Is it that one that taiye was sent to go and borrow filter(ajo) whenever the mother is to make amala?
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by oluplanet(m): 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
Gone are the good old days
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by lonamy: 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
Idi n yun obo oba,
A o baa fi igi yun un.

1 Like

Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by tafrica(m): 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
dominique:
I used it, my son is still using it.

can one still find alawiye at bookshops?
Lovely and interesting book
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by ThierryJay: 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
moorevic:
Can someone please translate to English.

Its more like a tongue twister in Yoruba

Obe baba bo - The elderly man's knife dropped
O ba obo oba - It hit the king's monkey
A o ba baba be oba - We will help baba to plead with king

Baba nbe oba - The man is begging the king
A o ba be - We will plead on his behalf

Dade nde ade oba - Dade is putting on the king's crown
A o ba de - We will help him put it on.

Obo oba n ho idi - The king's monkey is scratching its buttocks
A o ba ho - We will help it ...........(fill in the gap lol)

1 Like

Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by tooth4tooth: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
Obo oba n gun igi o nho idi,a o ba fi igi ho grin grin grin. Things are a lot different now.
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by olalekan1(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
obe baba bo, o ba obo oba, a o ba baba be oba. Alawiye J.F Odunjo

Baba's Knife dropped and hit the King's Monkey, We will plead with the King on behalf of Baba.

It was written to aid pupils' pronunciation of Yoruba Wordings.
I used it when I was in Primary School. It was majorly used in public primary school then, so if you attend Nursery and Primary School in the 80s and 90s you may not use the book and that does not mean you belong to indomie generation
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by Neyomickey1: 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
lonikit:
Abebi ati Obe ni awon omode meji yi...Much respect to JF Odunjo of blessed memory
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by Franky826: 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
dominique:

Ancestor Dominique!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by heftycul: 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
lol i remember this it was fun How about this
Adan dori kodo owo ise eiye eje ka bla bla bla
if u remember pls complete it
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by heftycul: 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
lol i remember this it was fun How about this
Adan dori kodo owo ise eiye eje ka bla bla bla
if u remember pls complete it
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by Emtol01: 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2017
dominique:
Your son still using it or used it?
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by dominique(f): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
Emtol01:
Your son still using it or used it?

He used it this past session. The book is still very relevant in primary school curriculum.

Franky826:

Ancestor Dominique!

You no well o grin
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by Xtfield(m): 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
This is from "Alawiye" by J. F. Odunjo. It's still in use in some schools.
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by kingsleefolli(m): 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
This book alawiye is a must then.another one Mr edeth is farmer he has a big farm.who knows this?

1 Like

Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by StOla: 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
J.F Odunjo

Alawiye series

Then the syllabus was later changed in my school and I started using another book, "Yoruba Gbayi".
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by Habeyy(m): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
RealAdewole:
Dade de Ade oba a o ba de e
Obo oba n ho idi a o ba .....
nice afternoon chill grin
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by Burgerlomo: 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2017
grin grin
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by locoster(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
dominique:
Yinmu
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by Dotng: 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
Edum13656:

what's that disgusting thing.
Haven't you seen honey before? I guess you only buy processed honey. Well, maybe it is because of the packaging. If he had placed the content in a white transparent plastic maybe... tongue
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by samsam2019: 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
Alawiye by J.F Odunjo grin grin
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by PACHRIS(m): 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
That is alawiye Iwe keji lati owo ojogbon J. F. ODUNJO
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by lonikit: 3:01pm On Jul 08, 2017
kingsleefolli:
This book alawiye is a must then.another one Mr edeth is farmer he has a big farm.who knows this?

I sir.
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by tosyne2much(m): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
I can relate to it cheesy
Re: You Belong To Indomie Generation If You Didn't Read This As A Yoruba Student by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
yeye textbook never bought one...the only subject I purposely failed in NECO just hate that subject with passion...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Professional Masters Vs Academic Masters? Pls I Need Ur Advice / Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman / Newborn Baby Dumped Inside Dustbin In Oko Poly Female Hostel (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.