Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. (4402 Views)

New Nokia C1 Android Lolly Pop 5.0.1 2gb Ram 32gb Inbult 5.0 Inches 8mpcamera / Upgrade Of Maemo 5 Operating System On Nokia N900 To Andriod Operating System / Where Can I Get The New Nokia N900 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by bimbor(m): 6:13am On Feb 01, 2010
Guys how do y'all see this phone? please leave your comments here. Is it a worthy upgrade. Comments,
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by tunnex190: 8:31am On Feb 01, 2010
s.s pls?
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by texazzpete(m): 9:27am On Feb 01, 2010
256MB RAM, not 1GB. correct your post!
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by engrhamid(m): 9:38am On Feb 01, 2010
Nokia do make me laugh sometimes, phone complete like that in no come get java. . Kai! Ama leave d nokia world soon!
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by tobidaflava(m): 9:43am On Feb 01, 2010
If no JAVA, what about Symbian?
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by Genuflect(m): 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2010
It doesn't work with Symbian apps neither
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by spacefreak: 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2010
the n900 doznt suport java nd it iznt symbian, d os is maemo which is mobile version of linux, d guy who said it haz 1gb ram is kinda rite cos it haz 256mb hardware ram nd 768 virtual memory so appz runin in background cnt crash, as of nw it doznt suport ussd codes such as star(*) or hash(#) wich may b fixd in d future thru firmware updates, is dre any oda way 2 recharge nd check act balance with mtn oda dan d star556hash? cos am tinkin of getin dis fone tanx,
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by Hellustic(m): 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2010
leave that phone, e too much for u, at least for now
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by bimbor(m): 11:12pm On Feb 01, 2010
I think N900 is da bomb! except that it does not support symbian applications. But wait a minute, what was Nokia thinking, LINUX??
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by Genuflect(m): 2:53am On Feb 02, 2010
^^Do you know the size of his pocket? Quit assuming for people
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by spacefreak: 5:32am On Feb 02, 2010
Pesin neva ansa ma question nd d fone no 2 mch 4 me hehe
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by bigrovar(m): 9:55am On Feb 02, 2010
texazzpete:

256MB RAM, not 1GB. correct your post!

The right thing would have been 1gb of application memory. 256gb of ram and 768mb of swap memory (like the virtual memory you have on windows only much better and easily accessible)
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by bigrovar(m): 10:58am On Feb 02, 2010
I have been using the N900 for close to 3 months now and I have to say its the best phone I have ever owned. This device just blows. Nokia calls it a mobile computer and it does just that. here are some of its strong points

Mobile web
This device has the best web experience you can every get from any device. all of the iphone3GS, google nexus one or the motorola droid dont even come close to this beast. The webrowser is based on Mozilla gecko engine ( same as firefox which can also be installed on the N900) and boy its the best experience you can get on a phone. the rendering speed is breath taking, and its soo freaking fast and smooth. I mean this thing blows through any webpage and it gives you the exact page you would get on a pc. It supports flash, embedded video,JS, I go to youtube and even google wave site and its like am on my pc. The N900 is currently king when it comes to mobile browsing experience, and yes the broswer supports plugins and u can install flashblock adblock etc on it. Navigating the web zooming pages are a dream even though it doesnt support multi touch, I find the circler motion and double tabbing to zoom gestures as very easy smooth and cause no lag. when it comes to web experience this baby rules over every other device out there.

Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by Genuflect(m): 11:05am On Feb 02, 2010
That's right. The browsing experience is crazy. But it can't install .jar and .sis apps which is a big minus to me
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by bigrovar(m): 11:25am On Feb 02, 2010
Communitcations and messaging If the browsing experience on the N900 is wow. Then you need to see the communication juice this device has got. ootb its supports gsm,3G and wireless (Big deal every mobile phone in the world has that) true but how many mobile phone have integrated skype, gtalk and sip support out of the box. Am not talking about some crippled skype lite which you find in most smartphone. Am talking about the real deal. Complete skype integration on the N900 is another killer feature for this device. Its just hard to describe. I can make skype calls to any skype contact and if I have skype credit I can even make calls to any number on my mobile. Infact its so integrated that my skype connects show up in my phone book. and when i try to initiate any call I get the options to use skype or gsm. And when i get a skype call the phone would ring just as it would a normal gsm call. i mean this thing takes integrated skype experience to the next level. not the icing on the cake is that for some reasons I dont get charged for my skype calls or skype IM. I was on my carriers 3g and make a skype call not a damn would be charged from my credit. so i can even chat and[b] call people on skype using the N900 even though I have zero naira on my phone.[/b]  shocked. Beside skype the communication framework for the N900 is based on telepathy framework which is the same framework that ubuntu karmic uses on empathy. and it allows you to install plugins which would add among other things, facebook chat, yahoo, msn, etc, and yeah as always all the contacts shows up on your phone book. so if I want to chat with a friend on yahoo I just search my phone book for his name and am able to initiate a chat. The conversation tool aggregates all my sms, and IM chat into one tool. and yeah it has the best threaded sms/IM Chat support ever (looking at the iphone) . when it comes to communications again the N900 is king of the hill. no one does it better.

NB did I say that gtalk support video call? Like seriously there is just so much to say about the communication power of this device. cause I felt out the email which supports google,yahoo and even ms exchange and even support html and all what you expect from an email device.
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by bigrovar(m): 11:29am On Feb 02, 2010
some screenshot of the skype IM, Contact view and sms conversation

Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by bigrovar(m): 11:32am On Feb 02, 2010
Genuflect:

That's right. The browsing experience is crazy. But it can't install .jar and .sis apps which is a big minus to me
fine go get an N97 then. The N900 is based on Debian GNU/Linux and it supports native applications. like C/C++ Python, even C# There are effort by the community to provide java support but really I dont need java and all its garbage on this device
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by bigrovar(m): 11:43am On Feb 02, 2010
Multi media
If the webrowser of the N900 is wow, and the communication powers is breath taking, wait till u here about the multimedia powers of this device. friends I am speechless. This phone as played just about everything I have thrown at it Out of the box. diviX, avi, mp4 just xvid, mkv, pleas name it. It played everything without having to convert or encoding. no that wasnt a typo. This device plays AVI, DVIX, AVID, MP4,MKV and just about every video format i threw at it like OOTB no need to encode. I was at a friends place and he had some episode of big bang theory (TV series) and i just dragged the files on my N900 (yeah it support usbmode) and there all played out of the box. every single movie I have on my laptop played without conversion. NOW WAIT FOR IT. THIS DEVICE EVEN PLAYED .VOB DVD FILES OUT OF THE BOX WITHOUT CONVERSION. dude I dont know where u are from but if your phone or you have heard of a phone that can do better than this even with 3rd party software let me know. no an iphone,symbian or any android device comes close to the multimedia power of the N900. This is no joke man. When it comes to mutimedia this device has no mate , it dust everyone far behind. You dont even need a 3rd party software. it all works out of the box. plus it supports internet radio, and just about any music format you can think of. It also has an FM transmitter which allows it to transmit your music as fm signal and broadcasted to an fm radio station (yeah i know N97 has that)
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by spacefreak: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2010
Bigbrova u on talk.maemo rite?, hw do u recharge on ur n900? Tanx
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by texazzpete(m): 10:53am On Feb 03, 2010
Genuflect:

You're gonna wean yourself off symbian OS someday, it may as well be now.
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by texazzpete(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2010
@bigrovar
The scarcity of maemo apps is a dealbreaker for me. The platform needs to mature a little, just like what the iPhone went through.
Played with the phone for a while, not bad, slightly thick hardware and i've seen better keyboards. Shows a lot of promise, though.

hopefully Nokia can further refine the OS, improve app support and use a more eye-catching design in the future.
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by Genuflect(m): 11:47am On Feb 03, 2010
@texazzpete Of course I will get a Maemo based Nokia phone someday but not now. It's too young. I need to have a fleet that I will choose from
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by dragnet: 11:57am On Feb 03, 2010
Genuflect:

@texazzpete Of course I will get a Maemo based Nokia phone someday but not now. cuz itz useless 4 enzymed browsing n It's too young 4 non catalytic apps. I need to have a fleet that I will choose from
lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by Genuflect(m): 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2010
Lmao. Dragnet, you know the drill na. Na the main koko be that. Lol
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by dragnet: 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2010
Genuflect:

Lmao. Dragnet, you know the drill na. Na the main koko be that. Lol
na so d thing be o0
Re: The New Nokia N900. 1gb Ram! 32gb Hd. by hustla(m): 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
I dont know y ppl keep hyping this sevice but for chrissakes, THE HYPE IS REAL, developers are already putting together games n stuff and as it is now, theres an upgrade for the mobile hat makes u able to work in portrait ode quite perfectly,
Its the est phone moni can buy for now, Screw iphone! im changin it by december to allow a lotta apps influx on the n900,

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Solution To Bypass Icloud Activation Lock Ios 7? / Samsung Galaxy Phones Below 50000, 40000 Naira / Facebook Ends Support On All Nokia Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.