Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:24 PM

Is It Time To Seek Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Time To Seek Divorce (1584 Views)

Wife Seek Divorce Of 12-year-old Marriage / Time To Divorce My Wife? / Is It Time To Seek Divorce ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Time To Seek Divorce by kelvincool75: 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hello All,
Please I need your advice, I have been married for ten years now. My wife is usually the type that gets angry over anything. the first two years was manageable, I have been hoping things will change. It has been a real challenge to me and the three kids. My wife is always angry, the anger is getting too much. I have tried everything possible to make her calm down, but nothing works, she gets angry over anything possible, few things make her happy, the only thing that gives her joy is to be independent, and be in charge of everything that happens in the house and every where, because of this she is at logger head with all her friends, old and new. also this has made to be at logger head with her family members who try to correct her.. THE ONLY WAY I ENSURE PEACE IS JUST TO ALLOW HER HAVE HER WAY AN all issues. I have told her family members, but they did there their best and she would have none of it, presently her brother has told me to do what ever I think to have peace in my life. He sent me a message to let me know that as for him, he can not tolerate that behavior from any woman. I have begged I have used force I have prayed. The last three years have been hell. The sad part is that I have asked her several times what the problem is she does not just speak with me, we literally leave as strangers in same house. My presence seemed to be annoying her. Sex is dead.
Of recent, I am having this thought that perhaps I should allow her go so that she can enjoy the rest of life.

*She is not the bread winner, but if we separate she will have no problem as the government will provide everything for her and the kids.

Please I need your humble suggestions.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by babythug(f): 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
Has she ever hinted that she would like to end the union?
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by Marvel1206: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2017
Since it seems you are not her only victim. How didn't you notice this attitude of hers during your courtship?

I'd advice you to just ignore her, i mean total snub, just shun her totally for about 3 months. If her conscience doesn't prick her after that, leave the marriage for good.

I hope she isn't cheating on you

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by ybalogs(m): 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2017
BROTHER,DO WHAT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY .KEEPING YOUR SANITY SHOULD BE YOUR PRIORITY.ALL THE BEST.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by PointZerom: 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
You are the architect of your marital problems. Before you ask me how, sit down and think about this.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2017
Your wife is always angry?
You marry am? Climb am? Born 1? Born 2? Born 3?

She is still angry?

Your wife is a narcissist @ THE ONLY WAY I ENSURE PEACE IS JUST TO ALLOW HER HAVE HER WAY.

https://www.nairaland.com/3887957/wife-been-taking-me-granted#57928536
Is it the same company that produced your wife and the wife in that thread? They share similar traits. Go through that thread, while we wait for the elders. This one pass me
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by lilmax(m): 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2017
Ya it's time..... ride on
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
How many years did you manage this madness before opening your eyes?!

If you have been enduring this woman for more than 10yrs (dating + marriage) then you have no reason to leave now. What for?!
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by Nenejeje(f): 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2017
why does this story looks familiar ? like I have read similar story here on nairaland
@op, are you sure this happened to you?
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by tuscani: 11:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
Nenejeje:
why does this story looks familiar ?
like I have read similar story here on nairaland

@op, are you sure this happened to you?
angry angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by Acidosis(m): 12:26am On Jul 08, 2017
seems you picked your woman from Nigeria and established her abroad.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by ikp120(m): 2:45am On Jul 08, 2017
You just married a man and put in the house.

Guys need to know what makes a lady different from a man.

OP delete everything about her and move on. She doesn't have a single drop of love for you. She can even kill you if you double cross her way. She's literally a man, except she doesn't have a dick.

Don't listen to religious talk here o. Na your life dey at stake bro.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by eyinjuege: 6:12am On Jul 08, 2017
Life is too short to live in regrets.

She may also want out of the relationship.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by pinkpant: 8:54am On Jul 08, 2017
Acidosis:
what are you trying to say?..aren't you tired of bashing our girls unnecessarily. please this is just one lady OK.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by pinkpant: 8:58am On Jul 08, 2017
Op from the way you sound I think you are a reasonable Person and may have tried your best, but if its not working out then you can have a divorce. its as simple as that.
don't let some narrow minded people guilt-trip you into staying in a bad union forever. Everyone deserves to be happy and life shouldn't be so difficult.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 08, 2017
You guys should take a break for a while. Separate and if things doesn't work out during the separation, then it's never gonna work out.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by elantraceey(f): 9:39am On Jul 08, 2017
You knew she always gets angry easily and still you married her so deal with it. You've been managing for 10 whole years now so why do you want to opt out now? Trust me your marriage is not the only one where the couple acts like strangers so just let her be if she's not cheating on you then she'll come back to her senses.... you're giving her too much attention.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by Richy4(m): 9:54am On Jul 08, 2017
You are the architect of your happiness man...Do what you can to achieve that....

Every man or woman wants to be in an environment that is not toxic....I mean when you go out in the morning, you can't wait to come back home to a cool family...even when there's no money, the smiling faces @ the door welcoming you will be a joy to behold....Even when you are single, you wanna use your key, open your door and feel relaxed after a hard day @ work....

Not trying to be the devil's advocate bro, what was it that you do that always trigger her anger....Based on my experience, someone that is nagging constantly, there must be someone that was doing or forgetting to do something....Or is it just in her nature to be a control freak?

If you have indeed checked within you, and your conscience is @ rest....and was not pricking you, then you have to tell her you need a "cool off" period of 6 months...Pack few of your things and leave just to think...tell her to do the same based on if she wants to continue with the marriage..when the period is over, both of you will have a serious chat on what you have decided...

While you are on this cool off period, no Distractions please...No side chicks....No sugar mommies...it's just for reflection and an evaluation of what you have done or fail to do so far after 10 years...But do not forget to come check your kids..Best of luck bro...

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by pinkpant: 10:08am On Jul 08, 2017
elantraceey:
You knee she always gets angry easily and still you married her so deal with it. You've been managing for 10 whole years now so why do you want to opt out now? Trust me your marriage is not the only one where the couple acts like strangers so just let her be if she's not cheating on you then she'll come back to her senses.... you're giving her too much attention.

Op be careful here oh this is the kind of thing i was talking about.
Because many married couples live like strangers in one house without having outside affairs therefore it's OK for the marriage to continue., what about compatibility and mutual respect? forget about the 10 years, you weren't in a marriage, you were just enduring a bad union.
Wow... Could this be the reason we have so much hate and bitterness in this part of the world.
Anyway you should know that once there is life you can still change things and achieve more and better with your life.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by Richy4(m): 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
Acidosis:

Be careful here bro.. Before the ladies on this thread pour their venom on you cheesy
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by Blissquare(f): 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
If you leave her, she would show remorse but it is not permanent. She can never change. Bad people don't deserve good people. Let her be angry in her skin. We can't all be the same. Some people are genuinely happier being alone. She won't even cheat on you. She just wants to be alone. Grumpy soul wife! but forgive me for i have not heard her side of the story.
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by Afonjanightmare(m): 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
Divorce is for failures. Whenever she gets angry, lock her out of the house until she calms down, guy be a man cos that's the only way a woman would be under you. My GF used to embarrass me in public and threaten to fight me at all times over little things, one day, I woke her up and gave her a dirty slap, she wanted to fight me and I slapped her again, I locked her in the house and went to work, when I came back she begged me to forgive her manners
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by Richy4(m): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2017
Afonjanightmare:
Divorce is for failures. Whenever she gets angry, lock her out of the house until she calms down, guy be a man cos that's the only way a woman would be under you. My GF used to embarrass me in public and threaten to fight me at all times over little things, one day, I woke her up and gave her a dirty slap, she wanted to fight me and I slapped her again, I locked her in the house and went to work, when I came back she begged me to forgive her manners

Hmmm!!!!! That was an Ajegunle treatment....The guy you were advising does not reside in Nigeria...Let him try it, he will be cooling off in prison for 3years or more....People don't get away with it easily like the way Nigerians gets away with anything in our father land more especially domestic abuse like the one you mentioned.....And you know that ignorance is not an excuse in the court of law....
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by StevensJojo(f): 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
Richy4:

Hmmm!!!!! That was an Ajegunle treatment....The guy you were advising does not reside in Nigeria...Let him try it, he will be cooling off in prison for 3years or more....People don't get away with it easily like the way Nigerians gets away with anything in our father land more especially domestic abuse like the one you mentioned.....And you know that ignorance is not an excuse in the court of law....
Like i was shocked when he narrated it with such gusto.Besides the girl seems wierd to.Like a tout.They seem compatible.lol
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by firstladyp4(f): 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2017
Richy4:

Be careful here bro.. Before the ladies on this thread pour their venom on you cheesy
thank god say u know say we get venom.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by Richy4(m): 9:10pm On Jul 08, 2017
firstladyp4:

smiley
Re: Is It Time To Seek Divorce by Richy4(m): 9:11pm On Jul 08, 2017
firstladyp4:

smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Lady Dumped By Boyfriend After Seeing The Okro Soup She Cooked For His Family:pi / Can We Reason These Together; Is It Fair Or Not? / What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.