Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,140 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? (1548 Views)

Secrets Of Success In Relationships & Marriages! - Good Home! / Will I Regret My Decision Later On In Life? / I'm 35 Years Old And I Already Feel Like A Failure In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
Are Tithes' Payments pre-requisites to financial breakthrough and success in life?

Big question. I was a third-party to an argument on this topic.

Please note, I don't pay tithes either. I'll rather be benevolent to the needy, as the original use of tithes has been diverted to enrich already RICH theologians. I really find this annoying, hence, the abrupt decision to stop paying tithes. This person said, you can NEVER succeed nor be accountable for your life if you do not pay tithes. I refused to argue with this person as doing that would've added more fury to the fiery furnace, I can be critical like that.

I purposely wanted this in the 'Family's' section as posting it in the 'Religion' section will not gather enough answers as I seek.

Mature answers are highly welcome. smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Pierocash(m): 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ok
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2018
This isn't the right section for this topic .

1 Like

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
Elder0001:
This isn't the right section for this topic .

Mind your bleeping business! Jesus!
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by jeff1607(m): 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Mind your bleeping business! Jesus!
if we mind our business no one ought to post comments hero
give unto Cesar what belongs to Cesar

1 Like

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
jeff1607:

Ok. But this doesn't answer my question.
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2018
jeff1607:

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by ednut1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Ok. But this doesn't answer my question.
both those who pay and those who dont make it in life. Pastors are hammering on it because of financial gains. Majority of them are pastors cos of money. There is no religion except xtainity(pentecostal) that you wake up tomrw and say u have been called. Many jobless people are bcoming pastors for tithw

1 Like

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Uyi168: 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
Dangote has the answer to your question..
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by babeosisi: 3:11am On Nov 14, 2018
The simple answer is no
If tithe payment was a prerequisite for wealth the churches will be filled with multi millionaires.
Only one person benefits from the tithe money,the. Pastor

2 Likes

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by divinelove(m): 8:41am On Nov 14, 2018
Bill gate is an aethest
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by AutoC: 10:50am On Nov 14, 2018
Well, I can’t speak for anyone.But as for me, I av never paid thithe since I started my NYSC in 2009 and my income has grown from being a copper in 2009(earning 18k) to being a middle management earning 1.6m per month( not saying this to boast or anything) just thankful for God’s blessing on my life. And I didn’t earn it by work but by His grace. However, I settle my parent and have couple of orphans I give money every month.

My one kobo

NB. I do not condemn the thithers, some claim it works for them, but I av a lot of friends we started together who are committed thither and not halfway of where I am today.(Thanks to God )

2 Likes

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 14, 2018
well the primary reason for paying tithe is not to gather wealth but to help to assist the ministry to the glory of God and also you would be blessed not just financially but also in other areas of your life.

2 Likes

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2018

1 Like

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2018
stableprice:
fu**k to be paying tithe all 10% belongs to my needs alone all 90% belongs to my needs alone

Lol. Selfish you.
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2018
divinelove:
Bill gate is an aethest

How does this correlate with the post?
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
Uyi168:
Dangote has the answer to your question..

This is a not too bright reply.
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2018
solite3:
well the primary reason for paying tithe is not to gather wealth but to help to assist the ministry to the glory of God and also you would be blessed not just financially but also in other areas of your life.

I see. But some persons see it as a gateway to financial flow in their lives.
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ask yourself this question. Do these Billionaires pay tithes? grin

Amancio Ortega, Bernard Arnault, Maria Franca Fissolo, Susanne Klatten (Bmw), Dietrich Mateschitz (Red Bull), Aliko Dangote, Vladimir Lisin, Alexey Mordashov, Leonid Mikhelson, Vagit Alekperov, Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, Gennady Timchenko, Vladimir Potanin, Mikhail Fridman, Viktor Vekselberg, Alisher Usmanov, Roman Abramovich.

grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:
Are Tithes' Payments pre-requisites to financial breakthrough and success in life?

Please note, I don't pay tithes either. I'll rather be benevolent to the needy, as the original )

Why don't you think of tithes as doing good, doing right and doing well by an awesome God who loves you beyond comprehension? In other words you're simply honouring & thanking the One who gave you all you own in the first place.

Forget the argument about financial breakthrough, prosperity and all. God doesn't need our money if we all decided not to pay tithes He will still get His work done on earth one way or the other, with or without us.

I was in a financial bind one time and thought to myself I can't & I won't pay tithes because things were tight. I learnt from my bible that honesty will strengthen my relationship with God.

So I went to God in prayer basically saying for XYZ reasons, I'm afraid I can't pay my tithes this month. In the middle of that conversation I felt His love, warmth and goodness overflow my heart & soul. I stopped and said to myself what are you doing sef? You will pay your tithes and you will do well by this amazingly swaggerlicious and awesome being (God).

I put our conversation on hold, went and got the envelop where my tithes was, returned to our conversation and offered it to God asking him to accept and bless what He had given for the furtherance of his work and good of others on earth. I just felt a desire/need to cherish and respectfully keep my relationship with God.

There are people in hell who are there for robbing God of his tithes (I'm not making this up) I watched a YouTube video on this.

I appeal to every believer in Christ Jesus to watch & listen to these men on Youtube via a google search Mario Martinez & Ron Reagan (on Sid Roth's show) it will save your soul, all of our souls as believers.
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by divinelove(m): 7:27am On Nov 15, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

How does this correlate with the post?

If u have any atom of sense u will see the correlation, anyway it tells u that he is the richest and has never paid tithe all his life. So payment of tithe doesn't lead to financial freedom, it's just a believe
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Acidosis(m): 8:04am On Nov 15, 2018
Know what works for you and stick with it. If tithe works for you, stick with it, don't run another man's race.

We've heard it times without number that Seun is an atheist, erm Dangote is a Muslim, Bill Gates is this and that.

But those saying such would never tell you that Bill Gates spends even more than 10% on the needy, they won't tell you that Seun's mom is probably a prayer warrior in a church.

Yet, you that don't have a prayerful mother would carry atheism on your head because it "works" for Seun. Do you know what his parents do in the secret?

The bottom line is this: do not compare yourself with anyone. If many of you anti-tithers are as rich as Bill Gates, massive donations would still be a problem.

Some people are blessed today because of the great deeds their great grandparents did. If you don't have that privilege, know what works for you and run your race.

You'll be surprised to know the number of so called new generation pastors that secretively attend MFM for deliverance and prayers after deceiving the gullible ones on Sundays. Even some Nairalanders, after attending powerful vigils on Friday still come online to deceive others and appear as learned non-religious fellows. Do NOT be deceived.

7 Likes

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by ifyalways(f): 9:29am On Nov 15, 2018
I have not and will never pay any gaddem religious head (pastor, dibia or iman) any tithe. No chance, not even in the next life.

And life is so so good. Thank you. cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 16, 2018
ifyalways:
I have not and will never pay any gaddem religious head (pastor, dibia or iman) any tithe. No chance, not even in the next life.

And life is so so good. Thank you. cheesy

Interesting. Are you an atheist?
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by ifyalways(f): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
AllforJesus7:

Interesting. Are you an atheist?
No, i am not.

I like to believe theres a God somewhere but i dont visit religious houses or patronize their figure heads anymore. Be spiritual, do good to all men when you can and try to live right :- c'est finis

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2018
ifyalways:

No, i am not.

I like to believe theres a God somewhere but i dont visit religious houses or patronize their figure heads anymore. Be spiritual, do good to all men when you can and try to live right :- c'est finis

Nothing scares me more as rolling with a Free thinker like you, you guys are unpredictable.

Once I hear a man/woman say Errrm I believe there is God somewhere. Meeeeehn, I know shiiit is bout to get down.
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Please note, I don't pay tithes either. I'll rather be benevolent to the needy, as the original use of tithes has been diverted to enrich already RICH theologians. I really find this annoying, hence, the abrupt decision to stop paying tithes. This person said, you can NEVER succeed nor be accountable for your life if you do not pay tithes. I refused to argue with this person as doing that would've added more fury to the fiery furnace, I can be critical like that.

I purposely wanted this in the 'Family's' section as posting it in the 'Religion' section will not gather enough answers as I seek.

NO
Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 28, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Well, in Orthodox Churches like Catholic, Apostolic, Qua Iboe, etc, the tithes are used for the right purposes because the church is not owned by one individual. Hence, there is a board to manage the finances of the church. The reverse is the case in Pentecostal churches where there is a CEO who oversees his Company (Church)

2 Likes

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2018
MasterRahl:
Well, in Orthodox Churches like Catholic, Apostolic, Qua Iboe, etc, the tithes are used for the right purposes because the church is not owned by one individual. Hence, there is a board to manage the finances of the church. The reverse is the case in Pentecostal churches where there is a CEO who oversees his Company (Church)

Wow. Thanks for the insightful comment. Now, my horizon has been a little broadened in matters like this.

1 Like

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by CanadianNaija: 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2018

Why don't you think of tithes as doing good, doing right and doing well by an awesome God who loves you beyond comprehension? In other words you're simply honouring & thanking the One who gave you all you own in the first place.

Forget the argument about financial breakthrough, prosperity and all. God doesn't need our money if we all decided not to pay tithes He will still get His work done on earth one way or the other, with or without us.

I was in a financial bind one time and thought to myself I can't & I won't pay tithes because things were tight. I learnt from my bible that honesty will strengthen my relationship with God.

So I went to God in prayer basically saying for XYZ reasons, I'm afraid I can't pay my tithes this month. In the middle of that conversation I felt His love, warmth and goodness overflow my heart & soul. I stopped and said to myself what are you doing sef? You will pay your tithes and you will do well by this amazingly swaggerlicious and awesome being (God).

I put our conversation on hold, went and got the envelop where my tithes was, returned to our conversation and offered it to God asking him to accept and bless what He had given for the furtherance of his work and good of others on earth. I just felt a desire/need to cherish and respectfully keep my relationship with God.

There are people in hell who are there for robbing God of his tithes (I'm not making this up) I watched a YouTube video on this.

I appeal to every believer in Christ Jesus to watch & listen to these men on Youtube via a google search Mario Martinez & Ron Reagan (on Sid Roth's show) it will save your soul, all of our souls as believers.

Gosh! You are so stupid that I’m sad for you.

Your iq must be minus zero. You actually reason like this?

1 Like

Re: Are Tithes' Payments Pre-requisites To Financial Freedom And Success In Life? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Wow. Thanks for the insightful comment. Now, my horizon has been a little broadened in matters like this.
Cheers

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Life Is Getting Boring. / Is Someone That Averages At Least #6m Per Annum Good For Marriage? / Help Me, I Can't Survive This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.