Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) (42820 Views)

Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State / Dead Whale Found On Akwa Ibom Beach (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by supereagle(m): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
Poverty. God save us.
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by AnthonyAk(m): 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
Poverty and illiteracy. So the whale was already dead and they ate it?

2 Likes

Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by macphilip: 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
Naija people,
even if na mammy water come out from ocean to collect fresh air
una go carry cutlass kill am chop.
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by OboloMAN: 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2017
clefstone:
old news na. Meanwhile, they should harvest the heart and preserve it in our national museum as seen in Explorers thread earlier today

Very recent

https://www.nairaland.com/3908849/whale-found-ikuru-towns-beach

http://www.naijalabel.com/2017/07/whale-found-on-ikuru-towns-atlantic.html?m=1

Government Should invest in Ikuru Town's Beach and forest reserve.

Lot's of tourism potentials dere

Longest Sand beach in West Africa.

Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by Maj196(m): 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2017
No sense at all. Blacks will forever be primitive and backward. The whites preserved its heart when same thing happened there. Us na so so chop chop. Is the animal even edible. Small time we go dey hear outbreak of diseases here and there. Smh
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2017
Dey have turned the water to [color=#990000][/color]red sea
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by macaranta(m): 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
So hungry they couldn't wait to know why the whale was washed up

1 Like

Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2017
thorbar:
Nawa o, Nigerians cant eat anything, Nigeria soldier self no carry last.
i swear... I think say na only me see nigeria army there oo..
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by Dantee005(m): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2017
Abeg those shouting savages and all that should relax jor..most of us will join d frenzy too if opportunity comes...

1 Like

Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
Earlier, Story said whales ought to sink when dead. Obviously there is a reason why they have been floating. These guys don't even know how long that whale has been dead. Na wa oo. Thing is hardly would you find an educated fellow living in that community. Even if there is, they won't allow anything other than eating the whale.

1 Like

Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by tonio2wo: 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
majekdom2:
Earlier, Story said whales ought to sink when dead. Obviously there is a reason why they have been floating. These guys don't even know how long that whale has been dead. Na wa oo. Thing is hardly would you find an educated fellow living in that community. Even if there is, they won't allow anything other than eating the whale.

I remember when a whale was washed up in bar beach sometime ago, same thing happened, people butchered it for meat. So from ur post can we agree that there are also no educated fellows in lagos??

1 Like

Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
tonio2wo:

I remember when a whale was washed up in bar beach sometime ago, same thing happened, people butchered it for meat. So from ur post can we agree that there are also no educated fellows in lagos??
if you are not intelligent enough to understand my post, you don't have to mention me. So, because a dead whale was butchered in lagos, same should be done in Rivers. This is one silly mentality y'all have that's not making you progress. Because A did a wrong thing B should do it also without being corrected. And yes, the people that may have eaten those meat in lagos may not be literate enough even if they are they could have been silly as there are many Nigerians that are educated but silly. My point is, it's dangerous to eat an animal found dead without knowing what killed it or how long it's been dead. It's no debate that Ebola and likes spread from rural communities because of stuffs as this.

2 Likes

Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by RaptorX: 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
DonALdep:
Pity. Preservation of wildlife is Zero for the Black Man. We need to be more aware of our environmental degradatio. Not every creature should be seen as food.
Say Nigerians not black man because the Kenyans Tanzanians and South Africans have excellent conservation programs with their world famous game reserves that brings billions in tourism dollars.

1 Like

Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
Why people dey complain..God bring fresh meat for him people una dey vex. Surplus meat for the week cheesy
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by hush15: 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2017
clefstone:
old news na. Meanwhile, they should harvest the heart and preserve it in our national museum as seen in Explorers thread earlier today

modified: FTC for d first time since I joined NL in 2006

Very funny
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
Graypoint:
Savages!!!
Perfect name for them bro, you too much lol
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by sshalom(m): 7:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
Awon onijekuje!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by tonio2wo: 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
majekdom2:
if you are not intelligent enough to understand my post, you don't have to mention me. So, because a dead whale was butchered in lagos, same should be done in Rivers. This is one silly mentality y'all have that's not making you progress. Because A did a wrong thing B should do it also without being corrected. And yes, the people that may have eaten those meat in lagos may not be literate enough even if they are they could have been silly as there are many Nigerians that are educated but silly. My point is, it's dangerous to eat an animal found dead without knowing what killed it or how long it's been dead. It's no debate that Ebola and likes spread from rural communities because of stuffs as this.

Am not in support of anyone eating any dead animal. You made a statement I bolden in ur quote. You don't generalise on an entire community because because some of them decided to eat a dead whale. I see u are the un-intelligent one here for assuming am supporting the eating of a dead whale. undecided
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2017
tonio2wo:

Am not in support of anyone eating any dead animal. You made a statement I bolden in ur quote. You don't generalise on an entire community because because some of them decided to eat a dead whale. I see u are the un-intelligent one here for assuming am supporting the eating of a dead whale. undecided
you don't even know why I made that assumption. Have you been to Rivers state? Do you have an idea of how communities like these are? If No, you are silly to have come impulsive. I know how these community are in river state. Especially the riverine communities. You don't find educated people around those communities. I mean they do not live there. I made that statement as it is a community and I would think that someone should inform them about the dangers compared to lagos beach where hundreds visit per day. Atimes, it's good you understand one's post before you mention.
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by IamGobe(m): 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2017
Nigerians eh!!�
Den no even know wetin kill am sec
Na to just chop am
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by tonio2wo: 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
majekdom2:
you don't even know why I made that assumption. Have you been to Rivers state? Do you have an idea of how communities like these are? If No, you are silly to have come impulsive. I know how these community are in river state. Especially the riverine communities. You don't find educated people around those communities. I mean they do not live there. I made that statement as it is a community and I would think that someone should inform them about the dangers compared to lagos beach where hundreds visit per day. Atimes, it's good you understand one's post before you mention.

Lets assume(in your context) that there is one or more "educated" persons there to warn them of the dangers, do u think they will listen? How many time have we seen havoc done by fuel explosion from those scooping from a burst pipe of fallen tanker? But I tell u if a tanker of fuel fall today in any nigerian higher learning institution people will still go n scoop d fuel.

My point is they will not listen to any advice! Am still not in support of you tagging everyone in that community an illiterate.

I reside in Rivers State!
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by mechanics(m): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2017
Some people just like free things, they don't even know where it is coming from, all they know is point and kill to eat.
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2017
tonio2wo:

Lets assume(in your context) that there is one or more "educated" persons there to warn them of the dangers, do u think they will listen? How many time have we seen havoc done by fuel explosion from those scooping from a burst pipe of fallen tanker? But I tell u if a tanker of fuel fall today in any nigerian higher learning institution people will still go n scoop d fuel.

My point is they will not listen to any advice! Am still not in support of you tagging everyone in that community an illiterate.

I reside in Rivers State!
Go back to the earlier post, you will see where I said clearly, they will not allow anything other than eating but @ least it good someone come say he educated them on the dangers. It will create 2 different feelings that's the message
majekdom2:
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by tonio2wo: 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
majekdom2:
Go back to the earlier post, you will see where I said clearly, they will not allow anything other than eating but @ least it good someone come say he educated them on the dangers. It will create 2 different feelings that's the message

Ok.
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by akigbemaru: 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2017
clefstone:

modified: FTC for d first time since I joined NL in 2006
Re: Whale Found In Ikuru Town's Beach, Rivers State (Photos) by akigbemaru: 10:39pm On Jul 08, 2017
Amoyinoluwa24:
A big whale which washed up ashore the Atlantic Ocean in Ikuru town, Andoni Rivers state on Wednesday was descended upon by residents.

The aquatic animal was immediately butchered by residents, with some roasting the meat for consumption. See the pictures below;

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/07/residents-butcher-big-whale-found-dead.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moment Warehouse Robot Collapsed After Working For 20 Hours Straight (Pics, Vid) / FG To Generate Electricity From Uranium: Facts About Uranium You Should Know / Meet Dreadnoughtus, Perhaps The Biggest Creature To Ever Walk The Planet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.