Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

If My Hymen Is Broken, But Not From Sex, Am I Still A Virgin? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / If My Hymen Is Broken, But Not From Sex, Am I Still A Virgin? (978 Views)

If I Masturbate Am I Still A Virgin? / Imperforate Hymen: For Your Daughter To Menstruate She Must Be Deflowered-Doctor / I Took Abortion Drug, But Didn't Bleed, Am I Still Pregnant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If My Hymen Is Broken, But Not From Sex, Am I Still A Virgin? by Jayjezey: 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
This question tends to boil on the minds of most ladies. Most ladies tend to fall into situations where their hymens get broken without having an actual penile-vaginal intercourse.. As a result, they get confused and depressed as to what the perception of people would be towards them. I hereby urge y'all to cheer up as this information will shed some light on this situation..

We would urge you not to place too much importance on the concept of virginity or an intact hymen. Other than penile-vaginal intercourse, the hymen can tear from inserting tampons, masturbating, or participating in strenuous physical activities like gymnastics or horseback riding. Therefore, the presence of (or lack thereof) an intact hymen is an extremely unreliable indicator of virginity. Females also feel differing levels of pain when (or if) their hymens tear. Some females bleed and feel considerable pain; other females may not even notice when their hymens tear because they do not bleed or feel any pain.
Please know, whether your hymen is broken or not, that it is up to YOU (and no one else) to decide if you are or are not a virgin. Many cultures attribute a heavy amount of significance to the hymen as a determinant of virginity, but this significance is socially and culturally constructed. The hymen is a tiny layer of skin that exists to serve a specific biological purpose: to protect the vaginal opening (introitus) and the area around the opening during a female’s developing years. Any other relevance symbolically attached to the hymen over the course of mankind are purely conceptual and culturally produced. Some cultures have traditionally assessed the state of a female’s hymen to determine her “worth” in terms of marriageability, because virginity (and a supposed intact hymen) has become synonymous with purity and fidelity. These misleading myths about the intact hymen fail to recognize that many females who have never engaged in sexual intercourse do not have intact hymens. Similarly, sexually active females may still have intact hymens, possibly because their hymens are elastic enough to avoid tearing during sex or because they do not practice penile-vaginal intercourse.
Some religions have ceremonies in which a female is able to reclaim her virginity, so if you are affiliated with a religious institution of any kind, you may be interested in pursuing this option. If this option is not available to you, hymen reconstruction surgery (Hymenoplasty) does exist, but we do not recommend that you pursue it as a solution without fully assessing your situation. You may choose to undergo hymen reconstruction if you feel that it is something you truly want for yourself, but please do not feel like you need to have surgery to be worthwhile or valuable as a female. The condition of your hymen or your status as a virgin/non-virgin does not define who you are as a person. Virginity is a personal decision, not a physical assessment of one’s body.

2 Likes

Re: If My Hymen Is Broken, But Not From Sex, Am I Still A Virgin? by gabinogem(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
I always tell them... Virginity is overrated cheesy
Re: If My Hymen Is Broken, But Not From Sex, Am I Still A Virgin? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
Grammar. The only thing i care abt is as long as my pe..n.is. Is inserted and it penetrate that's all
Re: If My Hymen Is Broken, But Not From Sex, Am I Still A Virgin? by Jayjezey: 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
Virginity is overrated for sure.. I'm so broke like my girlfriend's hymen grin grin
Re: If My Hymen Is Broken, But Not From Sex, Am I Still A Virgin? by Homeboiy: 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
No
Re: If My Hymen Is Broken, But Not From Sex, Am I Still A Virgin? by abiolert(m): 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
whats this issue abt hymen been intact when in essence just one prick and its broken.
Re: If My Hymen Is Broken, But Not From Sex, Am I Still A Virgin? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
You are a semi-virgin undecided tongue

(1) (Reply)

Type 2 Diabetes, Understanding The Real Cause And How To Maintain It / How To Use Castor Oil And Coconut Oil For Hair Growth Fast / Cracked Tooth: Everything You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.