Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,839 members, 7,851,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:57 AM

What Goes On In A City Where There Is A Sovereign God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Goes On In A City Where There Is A Sovereign God (253 Views)

What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Our Sovereign God Is A Faith God (2) - Luke 1: 30-38 / 'Jesus' Image' Appears Above Colombian City Where 17 People Died Of Landslide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Goes On In A City Where There Is A Sovereign God by kwatch007(m): 7:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
At the age of 12 I lived with my parent and siblings in a single bedroom apartment, somewhere around the offshore of central city, struggling to feed and clothe ourselves was our main hobby. Glory in the day as father gets leverage from friends, joy unspeakable cloud my heart as a beam of light is finally shuns on my family.

But how sudden, in the wake of a new morning the evil angel walks in- father is ill, two days on he is no more- just before we reach the surface of the ocean for a bit of fresh air, so fast coming back to where we set off. Hunger and pain made our bed every night.

So many years have gone by, am sitting by my window praying and waiting for the sun to come back--my hope in not dash. Sound of war buzzing in my ear as I saw on television, a Palestinian soldier throws a missile into the camp of the Israeli soldier. Oh No! another father is dead in a city where there is a sovereign God.

My heart bleeds the city is on fire, we go on our knees trying to call on the fire service ring ring the network is disrupted. Oh not again! Who will save us now? The man with gun is elected governor of central city and the custodian of our holy book is ask to lay hands and pray for his progress in a city where there is a sovereign God.

Off to the temple, the Pope is dress in a white robe admonishing the congregation to have faith; god will provide all their needs. Ha Ha!! He forgot even the poorest man in the congregation is the provider of his own resource. Our tithe and offering have become a weekly price for our salvation—only those with big house, big cars are allowed to see the Pope the poor is meant to sit in front of the gate to the parish called “beautiful” in a city where there is a sovereign God.

The system is corrupt so said the activist. Nudity sell like packs of biscuit, their slogan is-- to make a dollar go naked. Somewhere back in the north Little Aisha at 12 is married off like a calf sold off in market place, tears of betrayal cloud her eyes as she goes home with her new owners. Stay away from sin so said the Pope, but everyday teenage pregnancy rocks the news in a city where there is a sovereign God.

Now the government comes in with a new policy--NO WORK NO PAY!! Evans is a Christian by faith and a graduate in engineering, 6 years to this time Evans is still unemployed. He falls in love with the gun and the drugs; alcohol is best companion for the night, see as evil takes away the good in a city where there is a sovereign God.

Ding dong the wedding bell Jannet is happily married, she lived in an exotic castle somewhere in the heart of central city, it’s 5 years now jannet is in the news seeking for an advocate to her divorce. This is not good; her prince charming had turned into a beast in a city where there is a sovereign God.

OH NO!! I can’t go on; with this anymore So much is happening in the city where there is a sovereign God. Only the survival survives and not the fittest, evil has become the amusement of the children of central city. Now We make a call on the blood of the holy lamb to come cleanse central city a second time, central city is sick and in need of healing.

If this prose interests you I want you to share it with friend, as we all join in making this call on our SAVIOUR.
----By KELVIN EHIOZEFE ( http://www.infoexposure.com/2017/07/what-goes-on-in-city-where-there-is.html )

(1) (Reply)

Jesus To The Rescue / Accessing Divine Counsel / Who Do You Live To Impress?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.