Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! (27031 Views)

Strike: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest, Storm Oba Of Benin's Palace (Photos) / UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) / Updates On The Incarcerated UNIBEN Pharmacy Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Nobody: 4:39am On Jul 15, 2017
@Op , pm immediately or chat me up on my bbm using the code word, Uniben Uche cell. So I will get the drift. You need to act fast by getting a lawyer to stand for you. In the interim, let's get the paper work filed in court. Bbm pin7BD5FEBC
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by alex81(m): 4:45am On Jul 15, 2017
fidelism:
Everyone that cares should copy and paste this on police CRU (COMPLAINT RESPOND UNIT) WHATSAPP number or Facebook page. When the receive floods of messages, they will act...

0805 700 0003

https://mbasic.facebook.com/PolicePCRRU/?refid=46&sld=eyJzZWFyY2hfc2lkIjoiM2FiZDJjNzE3ZGNkMWRhYTAxZmZhYmEyNDNjNzI3ZjEiLCJxdWVyeSI6ImNvbXBsYWludHMgcmFwaWQgcmVzcG9uc2UiLCJzZWFyY2hfdHlwZSI6IlNlYXJjaCIsInNlcXVlbmNlX2lkIjoyMjc5MDQ5NzQsInBhZ2VfbnVtYmVyIjoxLCJmaWx0ZXJfdHlwZSI6IlNlYXJjaCIsImVudF9pZCI6MTYzMTkyMzUxMDM5NDM3NCwicG9zaXRpb24iOjAsInJlc3VsdF90eXBlIjoyNzR9

@ POSTER, LOG A FORMAL complaints on these cru number.
Include the following:
Any police name involved, the station, anything u can name. Update the house on the progress.

just checked d fb page u shared just now...surprised to see that no one has shared this
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Nobody: 4:49am On Jul 15, 2017
TrustJ:
Notable Nigerians,please let's join hand and safe our brother UCHE.We have seen and heard many cases where innocent citizens are being jailed for no just course and this happens everywhere both home and abroad.please my fellow patriotic nigerians,let's make UCHE case a different because he's truly Innocent.Uche is not a murderer.Uche can't harm a fellow human.Uche truly deserve justice. I believe all this happened because UCHE was at the wrong place at the wrong time.Please let's Safe UCHE'S life and future.As I write now,he has missed three(3) exams.He has been in prison for almost 2weeks.This can happen to anyone of us because we don't know where we will be tomorrow,we might sit beside a walking dead man,I believe God will not allow it happen to us. As a friend and coursemate to Uche,I beg you all to use whatever means you have to safe the life of this young,vibrant,intelligent, Godfearing boy as we also pray that God vindicate him
#FreeUCHEcampaign
#heisinnocent

ping me immediately 7BD5FEBC if gyou want your friend released. Even if there is a case to answer, we must also consider the fact that keeping Uche beyond the statutory time allowed without an Order of court is illegal. Also, we need to consider the fact that Uche is innocent until the contrary is proved and making him miss his exams is a form of injustice on his part especially if he turns out innocent.
The police can grant admin bail and allow him write his exams under stringent conditions while still investigating.
Well I don't have all the facts, so that just a general comment.
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by besmaa95(m): 5:17am On Jul 15, 2017
Very funny... God is gonna take control
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by emilfischer(m): 5:33am On Jul 15, 2017
This is so wrong
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 15, 2017
Futureberry:
see them,where was your god when the trailer jam their vehicles, when the boy was bleeding, when he was on life support... Do you guys even have brains at all....keep praying, exams has already begun, the boy might not return back to uniben,he might even end up in jail....if you want to help him...get him a good lawyer and stop being stup.id

Well done,you must be a JEW.Adolf Hitler still have some experiments to carry on you.

E-diot
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by persius555(m): 5:51am On Jul 15, 2017
The ineptitude of Nigeria Police Force is a huge burden. They have no regard for the law and human right.
This will only send wrong message to the citizenery.
Is it a sin to be your brother's keeper.
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Blogtrovert(f): 6:20am On Jul 15, 2017
Jeez! I actually thought he had been released... So they didn't get him out on Monday! Does Uniben care? will he get to write the papers he missed already when he is out? this is unfair... now he'd wish he never tried to save the deceased.
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by ArcFresky(m): 6:39am On Jul 15, 2017
The first two replies got me pissed..
Might be a spiritual attack, might not...

But why turning everything spiritual when you guys should protest to the police station and demand justice.

If una wan pray, pray infront of the station. Stop turning everything spritual, naa why Nigeria no dey make progress

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 15, 2017
Deseo:
Get a Lawyer, a very good lawyer.
I'm in tears as I type this because I know that the University of Benin will disown him, they will not fight for him.
Please everyone get down on your knees and say a prayer for him tonight.
This is so sad.
Uniben my alma mata... They are very good at denying student when it is something negative... I could remember when i was in 200L(hall3), i suffered so much in the hands of those uniben security just because i had misunderstanding with a student from thesame hostel... ThankGod for our the SUG president (Osifo) and PRO (kazan)..
Back to the topic... Let the SUG raise aluta to the place... Thats the only thing all this police and army likes... Aluta is the only key here..
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by fulli16(m): 7:13am On Jul 15, 2017
For this news to be on FP today, Shame on the Mods of this forum!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Xfemt(m): 7:17am On Jul 15, 2017
greatnaija01:
HE WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE THE 30TH of this month.

This is a spiritual attack against the church. BUT God will always vindicate his own.

see this is d reason nigerian dnt move forward, some body is bein detain unjustly nd all u cud say or do is they re against d church. How ll that save d guy from d police

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Xfemt(m): 7:22am On Jul 15, 2017
Deseo:
Get a Lawyer, a very good lawyer.
I'm in tears as I type this because I know that the University of Benin will disown him, they will not fight for him.
Please everyone get down on your knees and say a prayer for him tonight.
This is so sad.
so that al u gonna do, jst pray wit out doin notin. God plz save nigeria nd he ll cum down abi.
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:46am On Jul 15, 2017
Olaskybab:
UNIBEN pharmacy student incarcerated unjustly.

His name is Esegine Uche Rickson. A 300 level pharmacy student University of Benin with MAT NO PHA1300114. The incident that led to the arrest began on a Sunday morning, when Uche was returning from an all night retreat held the previous day at the RCCG headquarters Sapele road, Benin City.

A trailer (Long vehicle) approaching at full speed almost hit the bus which Uche and other RCCG members were in. After the near death experience, Uche then tried to pick up a phone that had fallen on the floor of the bus, and tried to return it to the presumed owner (a fellow church member and passenger in the vehicle) when he noticed blood stains on the phone.

He realized the passenger was bleeding from the mouth and head and immediately informed the driver. The bleeding passenger was rushed to the Central hospital Benin City as it was the closest. But they were immediately redirected to UBTH without being attended to. At UBTH the injured passenger was immediately admitted and placed on oxygen as he had already gone into a critical stage. However, all efforts to save him proved abortive; he eventually died.

All the while, the parents had been in UBTH to witness all efforts to revive their son.

But here is the twist;

The family of the deceased on Monday morning went to the BDPA police station to make a formal complaint. No one knew what they had put down as statement.
As a result, our student, Uche, the driver of the vehicle, a church elder, the church pastor and accompanied by a church member were all requested to report at the police station to give their statement on Monday morning. But they were all unjustly detained without any warrant of arrest or evidence of murder.
Our student was moved to the Nigeria police station Aideyan Avenue Airport while the 4 others were moved from the BDPA police station to the state CID.

Uche has been there since Monday 3rd JULY 2017. He has been imprisoned without any evidence of murder or warrant of arrest. Bail grants have been refused. No autopsy or anything had been carried out. This is unjust and inhuman. Uche is a student and his exams begins 10th July 2017. He is in pharmacy school UNIBEN and a transfer student. He has no chance of probating at all.
Uche is innocent. Free Uche.

We call on all everyone who cares to share this post until Uche is released to write his exams.
His name is Esegine Uche Rickson. A 300 level pharmacy student University of Benin with MAT NO PHA1300114.
#Free Uche
#Esegine Uche Rickson
#Nigeria Police Force

Is there no SUG in that School? If there is,what are they doing about Uche's situation? I equally believe there are Lawyers in Benin. So I don't see why Uche should be detained unjustly unless what happened is different from the picture you painted.

#University of Benin
#Faculty of Pharmacy
#PCN
#PSN
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Acidosis(m): 7:52am On Jul 15, 2017
You guys should contact Pastor Adeboye.
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Eazybay(m): 7:56am On Jul 15, 2017
Well, unless the SUG of UNIBEN is dead, op just put a call through to the President and speaker, they would go with you to the station. If the case proves too difficult then apply the last stage of UNIONISM.

Aluta Continua

I don't know the President but I know the current speaker is very very vocal.
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by ucnwafor(m): 8:02am On Jul 15, 2017
if he is a real member nd worker with RCCG, i think his pastor supposed 2 have cum 4 his bail....there is no smoke without fire
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 15, 2017
Xfemt:
so that al u gonna do, jst pray wit out doin notin. God plz save nigeria nd he ll cum down abi.

I'm sure you read the part where I said 'get a Lawyer'. That's what the church should do as everything else isn't yielding fruit.
Please read carefully before quoting.
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 15, 2017
Danty37:

Uniben my alma mata... They are very good at denying student when it is something negative... I could remember when i was in 200L(hall3), i suffered so much in the hands of those uniben security just because i had misunderstanding with a student from thesame hostel... ThankGod for our the SUG president (Osifo) and PRO (kazan)..
Back to the topic... Let the SUG raise aluta to the place... Thats the only thing all this police and army likes... Aluta is the only key here..
I don't think an aluta will work now that the sug is weak and exam is going on. The family of the boy and his church should get a good Lawyer.
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by finesthaykay(m): 9:22am On Jul 15, 2017
God save Uche
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Rexomania1111(m): 9:30am On Jul 15, 2017
What is the SUG doing about it? Where is the Aluta voice All students should embark on solidarity protest for him and if possible, boycott the exam if he is not granted bail by monday
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Edowitch: 9:45am On Jul 15, 2017
DavidEsq:

Dis ur moniker na wa o. Be like say na u sabi go need for this matter. Edakun fly enter the cell go release am cry
Hahaaaaaaa.
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by kingsamosy(m): 10:24am On Jul 15, 2017
A big shame to the mods, this trade was created on the 8th of July and today is 15th. if it where to be Tonto dike and snake, it would have made front page without a comment. what a pitty?

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 15, 2017
what kind of society do we live in. why are the police so stupid and foolish sometimes. at least grant him bail and let him write his exams and report to the station when needed. why are the custodians of law so lawless themselves. what is all this for pits sake
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by harriet412(f): 11:58am On Jul 15, 2017
besmaa95:
Very funny... God is gonna take control

How Is this funny to you undecided smh
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
Deseo:

I don't think an aluta will work now that the sug is weak and exam is going on. The family of the boy and his church should get a good Lawyer.
Jesus Christ... Even getting a good lawyer will involve huge sum of money... I just feel like crying for the poor boy... Suffering for what he didn't do... My God and God of my Fathers Pastor E.A Adeboye and Bishop David Oyedepo will vindicate him.. Shalom
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
If what you wrote is true, get in touch with Acp Yomi shogunle and you will get result even before one funny lawyer makes you his or her meal ticket
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by timmykaydude: 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
SlimHan:
I can't just begin to imagine the state the poor boy is right now. He must have been tired of crying sef embarassed

I will join in praying for him

God will vindicate him

This is sad
hello! Longest time,how are you?
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by lordcenred(m): 10:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
SOMEONE ALMOST DIED TODAY AT ABAK RD OFF NEPA LINE IN AKWA IBOM. A REVERSING VEHICLE HIT HIM AND RAN AND EVEN WHEN THE MAN WAS STILL BREATHING THOU UNCONCIOUSLY GUSHING BLOOD FROM THE MOUTH, NOBODY OPTED TO TAKE HIM TO THE HOSPITAL DUE TO THE FEAR THAT IF HE DIES, THEY WILL BE DECLARED MURDERER
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 16, 2017
I am for settling this matter asap and having the family withdraw the matter before it gets to court, if they are ready to settle.
For police to suddenly change the allegation from culpable homicide to outright murder, New facts must have emerged.
Now the police does not really have anything on Uche as far as I am concerned and this is the best time for his lawyer to come in.
They should request a different expert opinion on the autopsy report.
This time an independent autopsy report closely monitored by their lawyer should incase the police is trying so hard to pin it on someone.
Also ensure Uche is properly advised of his confessional statement too.
Finally, if they can't settle, and the police is not likely to arraigne him on Monday, they should file a summons for bail before any high court. I had offered to help in this regard.
By furnishing cogent and compelling reasons, the court might grant him bail to enable him write some papers.
Then we can deal with the school management on the ones he has already missed.
Though the school is not likely to listen we might succeed with God on our side.
Murder cases are rarely swept under the carpet especially when the family is urging the police to make a scape goat.
That's my simple advice .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unizik Cut- Off For 2011/2012 / I Lost My First Bank Atm Card How Do I Block It, Via Text Or Online / Drone Pictures Of 5.6km Road Network Of Akwa Ibom State University Annex Campus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.