Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? (7761 Views)

COVID-19 Is God's Anger And Only Prayer Can Bring Solution: Prophet Oluwamodede / The Lord's Chosen Storm Gambia, Many Muslims Converted (Photos) / Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Holuwahphemy(m): 6:52am On Jul 09, 2017
A Christ Apostolic Church member like me would know how prayer is not something we take for granted cool
If you are the type that doesn't know how to close your eyes during prayers, and happened to drop by one revival at a C. A. C. branch, the moment you here something like; "the angels of God have descended and are walking amidst us... Please this is not the time to play or open your eyes... (then u'll hear the pastor tell a short story about how a man opened his eyes during a prayer session and got blinded by an angel) Shout! And call the name of the lord... Say 'lord! what is that ancient curse placed against our generations to stagnate our progress' ? Be destroyed by fire and thunder!" you wouldn't even dare opening your eyes... Even after hearing the bell and "in Jesus name we pray" you would still close your eyes and be wondering if it is safe to open them yet. grin
But in the holy scriptures though- Matthew chapter 6 verse 9 to 13, Jesus taught us a short and simple way to pray- 'The Lord's prayer'
My question now is; what if all i say everytime i needed to pray is the Lord's prayer, does that mean i've suceeded in praying for things i needed all round? For instance, my landlord is treating me badly and i wanted to ask God to change this, is saying the Lord's going to change his attitude?

Thanks for your meaningful responses.

4 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 09, 2017
Wen u see attack u go speak in tongue

10 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by ybalogs(m): 7:01am On Jul 09, 2017
YOUR BELIEVE WILL SURELY HEAL YOU.THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.JUST NEVER LEAVE PRAYERS.

10 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Towncrier007(m): 7:03am On Jul 09, 2017
And what if the only answer you get is a Fvck?

1 Like

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by keylogger(m): 7:09am On Jul 09, 2017
You Are Just Being Lazy To Pray.

7 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:10am On Jul 09, 2017
There are some times your current condition won't match with the Lord's prayer,

I believe Nobody will tell you before you will start speaking in tongue

8 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by torres89: 7:10am On Jul 09, 2017
a very good question that deserves a logical answer

the Lords prayer going by the Bible is the best and must concise prayer one can ever offer to the Lord

I mean the Lords prayer contains everything

deliver us Lord from every evil.... that's all your pastor needed to say.

u don't even have to shout

Jesus Christ taught us this simple and powerful prayer

but we just like to make nuisance of the beautiful things we are given

my brother if your pastor or anyone says u haven't prayed enough after the Lords prayer

ask him if his bigger or smarter than christ or the disciples

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Ever8054: 7:21am On Jul 09, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

I thought there are conditions attached to speaking in tongue in the bible, such as.
1 when the holly spirit descend on you...
2 when there is some one to interpret what you are saying..
..and I also realize that,the apostles spoke in other people's language...
...but how you people speaks in tongue in the absence of all this is what I don't understand. can you clarify me on this pls.?

12 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by StarBukola(f): 7:31am On Jul 09, 2017
I strongly believe the Lord's prayer is enough, it as everything u could hope for.

2 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by torres89: 7:34am On Jul 09, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

may God forgive u

God taught us how to pray

u literally just called him stupid

I recommend you read and understand that prayer well , use a dictionary were necessary and stop talking trash

5 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:35am On Jul 09, 2017
Ever8054:
I thought there are conditions attached to speaking in tongue in the bible, such as.
...but how you people speaks in tongue in the absence of all this is what I don't understand. can you clarify me on this pls.?

Actually, as you said it, you can only speak in tongue when the holy Spirit descend on you,

There's no way anybody can speak in tongue without the Holy Spirit descending on the person,

Otherwise, it's fake

2 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Epositive(m): 7:39am On Jul 09, 2017
"Give us this day, our daily bread", the most important part of the prayer cheesy
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:39am On Jul 09, 2017
torres89:

may God forgive u

God taught us how to pray

u literally just called him stupid

I recommend you read and understand that prayer well , use a dictionary were necessary and stop talking trash

I never taught of calling him stupid, but brother, the Lord's prayer isn't the main prayer will should be saying, it usually saying after every prayer
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by torres89: 7:42am On Jul 09, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

I never taught of calling him stupid, but brother, the Lord's prayer isn't the main prayer will should be saying, it usually saying after every prayer

lol

u clearly lack wisdom

I am sure u don't know the meaning of wisdom

also

7 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:49am On Jul 09, 2017
torres89:

lol
u clearly lack wisdom
I am sure u don't know the meaning of wisdom
also

Come, it's matter of clarification,

Don't ever stylishly insult me,

If you know something I don't know,
Just clarify it rather than insulting me

5 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by hopefulLandlord: 7:51am On Jul 09, 2017
plot bought
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by hucienda: 7:57am On Jul 09, 2017
lol ... dis bros no get time cheesy
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by bbbabes(f): 7:57am On Jul 09, 2017
Good
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by bbbabes(f): 7:57am On Jul 09, 2017
It's well
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by hisgrace090: 7:58am On Jul 09, 2017
If it addresses your issue, why not?

It is a complete prayer.
All you need to make a complete prayer is in that prayer. But you must follow them one after the other.
With it you have access to praise God.
Ask for forgiveness.
Ask for eternal life.
Ask for your need.
For protection.
And also pray for others.
The Lords prayer itself is a complete prayer.
Remain blessed.

3 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Shortyy(f): 7:58am On Jul 09, 2017
keylogger:
You Are Just Being Lazy To Pray.
Which one is being lazy, that's the only prayer Jesus taught us to pray. Na una dey add una own.

5 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by YomaA(m): 7:59am On Jul 09, 2017
Then you are a babe,you don't have the holy spirit in you even,you haven't experienced the joy of having a relationship with him.
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Hiccups: 7:59am On Jul 09, 2017
shocked most Christians can easily conclude negatively, are quick to judge, and lack patience to cultivate knowledge in others. @OP, God is not man, neither His ways, God's ways is still a mystery. On the Lord's prayer, there's nothing wrong reciting it but I would rather you see it as an outline to guide you when praying, since your situation will be different from every other person and at best only you and God understand better.

Having said that, be rest assured God will hear your prayers mostly as a function of your trust in Him, not necessarily how you pray. However, there's a 'NO', 'YES', 'WAIT FOR IT' answers to every prayer.

4 Likes

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by victorazy(m): 7:59am On Jul 09, 2017
better for u
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 09, 2017
That prayer summaries everything.
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by victorazy(m): 8:03am On Jul 09, 2017
Ever8054:

He who speaks in an unknown tongue speaks to God, u no need interpretation.

1 Like

Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by maxiuc(m): 8:04am On Jul 09, 2017
atarapa:
bro no be small oooo

I remember when sleeping was hell for me
Everyday attack upon attack dem go press you me everyday even in the afternoon

But the moment I started a midnight prayers
Things changed I blasted in tongue like never
I travel to my village to hold a family prayers after dealing with demon wey follow me come abuja since then my sleep have been smooth and sound

There is powers
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 09, 2017
got a bigger problem?

just stay calm

and

meditate
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 09, 2017
atarapa:
world people never remember am
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by anyebedgreat: 8:06am On Jul 09, 2017
Means you need to grow spiritually
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by victorazy(m): 8:08am On Jul 09, 2017
Ever8054:
He doesn't need interpreter 1Cor. 14: 2
Re: What If The Only Prayer I Say Is; 'The Lord's Prayer'? by SamAbims(m): 8:13am On Jul 09, 2017
All the times Jesus withdrew himself to pray, I'm sure he was not just saying the Lord's prayer. Prayer is an intimate thing, conversation with your creator.

Jesus taught us the Lord's prayer so we would know the pattern and manner of praying. If the Lord's prayer is all you know, believe and say everyday, I'm sure the good Lord hears and understand.

The only prayer I don't understand and like much is all this Lord kill my enemies by fire. I don't think it's right, Jesus Christ didn't teach us to pray like that. But I never forget to ask God for forgiveness and my daily bread everyday!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison / The Water Spirit Kingdom / What Is The Sign Of “the Last Days,” Or “end Times”?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.