Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) (40210 Views)

Adeboye Being Ordained As A Pastor In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Remi Tinubu Is Ordained As RCCG Pastor / IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by francisduru: 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
The Calling of Christ
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
UgojiC:

So are you saying all church leaders must be married
No no, you'll accuse me if I am not careful tongue. I am only narrating what the scripture says about Deacons.
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by JennyOfOldstones(f): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
jagugu88li:
Firstly.....thank you for noting that I don't insult. grin

Secondly, everything Jesus related is unlike that of men. If it where so, Mary would have taken the place of Jesus in that cross as a parent. When Jesus went missing only to be found in the temple, he would have gotten a hiding for wondering about without informing his parents. Infact, a child wouldn't have spoken as though he is dismissing of his parents worry. A child is concieved via sex as opposed to the Holy Spirit.

Jesus's request to men is only that we live a God-fearing life. God's request is that we pray to him via His Son.

Us and Jesus have many things uncommon.
O self righteous one. 'He obviously meant the posts you "quoted" not "made". I think you just came here looking for people to attack. Catholics in particular.
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
JennyOfOldstones:
O self righteous one. 'He obviously meant the posts you "quoted" not "made". I think you just came here looking for people to attack. Catholics in particular.
now, this is someone that hv a good comprehensive skill..
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
jagugu88li:
No no, you'll accuse if I am not careful tongue. I am only narrating what the scripture says about Deacons.
and even at that, is it only deacons that are church leaders.
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
JennyOfOldstones:
Come on now. I have no reason to do that. I just pointed out a few things and I kept getting mentions. I personally wouldn't attack you because you are a Catholic. With that being said, you need to understand that Catholicism and Christianity can mean different things.
Rich4god:
smh..... U hv comprehension problem. It's evidence from the two reply u gv me. Stop beating around the bush and answer my question.

Most of the apostles were not married.... Does that made them "taboo leaders"...?
This guy. I just gave you a scripture and youre here talking of comprehension. Here.......read

Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by shevon: 6:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
exlinkleads:
Former Manchester United midfielder Philip Mulryne has been ordained a Roman Catholic Priest [/b]by the Archbishop Joseph Di Noia in a ceremony held in Dublin [b]on Saturday, July 8, 2017.

The former Northern Ireland international had been ordained a Deacon in October 2017

Now, this doesn't add up. Is it just me or is there a typo of some sort?
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
jagugu88li:
This guy. I just gave you a scripture and youre here talking of comprehension. Here.......read
that scripture did not answer my question.

Except u r claiming that the early apostles were "taboo leaders"...

Even Paul the wrote those two passages u quoted didn't marry. Wat does that mk him.
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
Rich4god:
and even at that, is it only deacons that are church leaders.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by JennyOfOldstones(f): 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
jagugu88li:
You really have a comprehension problem. Reading meanings into things that aren't there. I don't even know how this relates to virginity other than instructions for church leaders to keep to one wife and not commit adultery. There's nothing there that even says it's a sin to remain celibate.
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by rexesq(m): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2017
exlinkleads:

The former Northern Ireland international had been ordained a Deacon in October 2017 before he was confirmed as a Priest. Mulryne was a product of the Manchester United youth academy and made his debut for Sir Alex Ferguson’s in 1997.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/07/ex-man-united-player-philip-mulryne.html?m=1

what! did I just read about an ordination in October 2017? it is either I am paused or he that post this thread is living in the light years. heheheheheheheh
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by tete7000(m): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
That's a beautiful choice. May God grants him grace and strength to remain faithful to his vows.
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Aarenaija: 6:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
grin
syndrum:
Will he help us look for Evans
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2017
JennyOfOldstones:
You really have a comprehension problem. Reading meanings into things that aren't there. I don't even know how this relates to virginity other than instructions for church leaders to keep to one wife and not commit adultery. There's nothing there that even says it's a sin to remain celibate.
What was I expecting. Did you read the first post of the guy asking if non virgins are allowed to be deacons? Did you read the part where I asked where in the bible does it say non virgins only should be deacons?

That is where it all started. What this means is, according to the scripture a deacon should be a person of this previously mentioned character, as oppsed to the first person who thought virgins should be deacons.

Good day Miss Comprehension.
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
jagugu88li:
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
Lol... U better come and finish wat u started o....

All these Protestants will be shouting upandan that Catholics don't read the Bible.

Here is one that is quoting scripture, yet can't understand wat she is quoting.... Smh....

Enjoy too....
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Franchise21(m): 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
oshe11:
Was he as Good as the 3 in 1 RUDIGER

No be only 3 in 1... Defence, Midfield, Forward
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
Mandeyy:
U're a pathological liar! Did Apostle Paul marry? Was he not a christian example of true leadership? He even said dat it isn't wrong to be celibate in God's service, but if u'll burn with desires, then it's better u marry. Those verses u referred to, talked about a church leader who has a family, but must train them in God's way, must be disciplined and must have one wife. Paul who said dat u can be celibate, also said this. So, either of the two is possible and good in God's sight inso far as u keep d vow.
are u surprised.... "Selective generalization"... The trademark of Protestant Christians.

They will just pick one verse and twist it to there own argument.

2 Likes

Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by UgojiC(m): 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
jagugu88li:
No no, you'll accuse me if I am not careful tongue. I am only narrating what the scripture says about Deacons.

That scripture you quoted is a warning against polygamy.
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
jagugu88li:
What was I expecting. Did you read the first post of the guy asking if non virgins are allowed to be deacons? Did you read the part where I asked where in the bible does it say non virgins only should be deacons?

That is where it all started. What this means is, according to the scripture a deacon should be a person of this previously mentioned character, as oppsed to the first person who thought virgins should be deacons.

My argument with you is based on ur comment...

"Being wifeless and a leader at church is a taboo.....Finish"

And u have failed to answer my question.
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Duru009(m): 7:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
Wow!! Luv this!
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by JennyOfOldstones(f): 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
jagugu88li:

Of course I read it. I'm only attacking based on the fact that You're under the assumption that it's a sin for priests and deacons to be celibate. Ciao Miss Confused
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by xavieree(f): 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
Rich4god:

Lol... U better come and finish wat u started o....

All these Protestants will be shouting upandan that Catholics don't read the Bible.

Here is one that is quoting scripture, yet can't understand wat she is quoting.... Smh....

Enjoy too....
she is jus so damn confused..jeez.I cant deal, low I.Q..nt a single intelligent point/argument..prolly rushed in here cos she saw "CATHOLIC"...All dese anti catholics sef

2 Likes

Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Dexema(m): 7:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
How a red devil became a priest.
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by larrypourl(m): 7:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
From pitch to church.
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by oshe11: 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
Franchise21:
No be only 3 in 1... Defence, Midfield, Forward

na CB, LB n RB
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Franchise21(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
oshe11:

na CB, LB n RB
I know. Bt it's in a three man or five man defence, not d usual 4 defenders
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Centachos: 7:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
No one can ever be like Christ, virgin or no virgin can be ordained as priest provided you hv given up ur old ways, embraced Christ and ready to uphold the faith of the Catholic church
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
ymee:

Paul Pogba deserves this more than him

Ain't Paul Pogba Muslim or something?
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by Missonas(f): 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
Congratulations!
Re: Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) by ubongoton(m): 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
i stop reading it when i saw october 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. / Leke Adeboye Calls For Prayers For Kanye West As He Becomes Bornagain Christian / Catholic Church Ordains Okara, A Kegite Club Member, As Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.