Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? (29298 Views)

Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? / Photo Comparison: Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe Vs BMW X6. Which Side Are You On? / Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by maxiuc(m): 7:17am On Jul 10, 2017
coolcatty:
Mercedes is good as regards usage in nigeria and availability of genuine spare parts....I feel audis are not so common here hence unavailability of spare parts and good mechanics.

Pls you all should stay away from anything BMW....very useless and problematic car.
well said that car is just so problematic from electric fault to fuel pump damage everyday wheel balancing...my inlaw don see shege for that car

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by paparazzi1987(m): 7:20am On Jul 10, 2017
It depends on how heavy your pocket is. If na bicycle you pocket fit carry..then that seems to be the most reliable
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Reference(m): 7:22am On Jul 10, 2017
I think it should be Mercedes judging by the sheer number of models and ages which should be something more than the other two combined though certain models were clearly errors such as the famed 190 the older A class and to some extent the mid age C class. There have been nasty engines, nasty electrics/electronics and nasty structures.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by vislabraye(m): 7:22am On Jul 10, 2017
As for aesthetics, I go for BMW. It may not be as reliable as it's contemporaries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by coolcatty: 7:22am On Jul 10, 2017
emmyspark007:

sorry bro but have u used BMW before..
Na BMW be my dream car model

U con dey bash dem like did

Why na?

Pls die that idea ASAP....you will use all your life savings to repair the car....no good mechanic sef and coscharis will charge you an arm and leg to repair the car....I used a 3series once and the car have me so much issues I has to save my mechanic's number under family and friends.

Get a Passat CC now....awesome ride...nice drive....2billion times better than a new.

8 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by ominilongest(m): 7:25am On Jul 10, 2017
Somatic:
This is more reliable. Even Mr Bean couldn't kill it.
korope grin grin grin
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by ijustdey: 7:28am On Jul 10, 2017
Benz all the way....

don't compare Benz with BMW they are miles apart when talking about reliability
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by BigIyanga: 7:30am On Jul 10, 2017
coolcatty:
Mercedes is good as regards usage in nigeria and availability of genuine spare parts....I feel audis are not so common here hence unavailability of spare parts and good mechanics.

Pls you all should stay away from anything BMW....very useless and problematic car.
Typical Naija generic response to technical and mechanical issues. Is your submission based on fact?
This question is redundant to begin with. Are you comparing BMW X5 with Mercedes E-350? I think class by class comparison offers a better insight on durability, cost of maintenance and price.
Most Naija roadside mechanics dont know jack and they would tell you that this car is better than the other because they only know how to work on that one.
Check kbb.com, edmunds.com, jdpower.com, nhtsa.gov to form an informed opinion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2017
kinkybunny:
we that are broke will just be one corner
Yours will land soon.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by mbhs139(m): 7:38am On Jul 10, 2017
I will go for Benz because, as the saying goes, Benz never tumbles.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Ahmed3rdjuly: 7:41am On Jul 10, 2017
Audi is the safest among the 3, it price makes it cost efficient and fuel consumption is very efficient. Problem in Nigeria is that few Rewires understand its electrical components. Its suspensions are superb but its engine mountings are not strong enough to withstand the engine power.

Mercedes is is overall superb and many Nigerian mechanics understand it very very well but its price is scary

BMW is luxurious when new but no go area when its fairly used. Mechanics in Nigeria still dont understand the car electrical functionalities, its parts are very expensive.

In all if you must get any one of the 3 get a Benz and sleep with rest of mind

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by muller101(m): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2017
Audi. Automobile under demonic influence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by dust144(m): 7:43am On Jul 10, 2017
Benz and others
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by kinkybunny(f): 7:44am On Jul 10, 2017
Nma27:
Yours will land soon.
Ameeenn

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 10, 2017
Benz anytime for durability plus tight drifts

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:51am On Jul 10, 2017
Mercedes Benz my crush grin
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:51am On Jul 10, 2017
I would say in nigeria bmw especially if u are buying a new model car. All cars broke down but it's the ability of the service centers to repair dem that I am more concern about. There is no deletes hip like coscharis in nigeria. All the major dell ears of the compitiors does not do what coscharis is doing to bmw.
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by harffie(m): 7:52am On Jul 10, 2017
OP pls, the arrangement should've been Mercedes Benz, BMW and then Audi". grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by OdenKelechi(m): 7:53am On Jul 10, 2017
They are all reliable as long as dey are german cars

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Reference(m): 7:54am On Jul 10, 2017
[quote author=BigIyanga post=58302075]
Typical Naija generic response to technical and mechanical issues. Is your submission based on fact?
This question is redundant to begin with. Are you comparing BMW X5 with Mercedes E-350? I think class by class comparison offers a better insight on durability, cost of maintenance and price.
Most Naija roadside mechanics dont know jack and they would tell you that this car is better than the other because they only know how to work on that one.
[/quote
/

But isn't the ability to maintain a vehicle part of the criteria for reliability. What is the point in buying what cannot be maintained for whatever reason. Remember this is Nairaland assessing things from a Nigerian perspective. If our mechanics cannot handle a particular brand then its no use to individual owners and is a drain on the country's resources. If there was a made in Nigeria car its use will be more expensive and is reliability lower in Tajikistan or Turkey. He has a valid point. If your car develops a fault on Benin Ore or on the Third mainland bridge you will be forced to make a hard choice between your warranty and your life. Then you will know how important the fact Nigerianised is
and how irrelevant Edmund's can be.

10 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by IkpuMmadu: 8:04am On Jul 10, 2017
Hmmmm....I drive a Car class kompressor and Nissan and I can be honest here

Benz is the best car ever produced
Japanese cars are whack

As of BMW, i haven't driven it but my friend owns a coja model...He has this overheating issues

But learnt it's a German good car
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by lloyds(m): 8:10am On Jul 10, 2017
EntMirror:
Will always go for Honda

Honda is a toy if compared to these machines. Pele, Honda can best be compared with mates like Toyota, Hyundia, Suzuki, Mazda etc.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 10, 2017
lloyds:

Honda is a toy if compared to these machines. Pele, Honda can best be compared with mates like Toyota, Hyundia, Suzuki, Mazda etc.

Dude.. Everyone have his preference
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by InvertedHammer: 8:13am On Jul 10, 2017
/
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by BRANDAauto: 8:16am On Jul 10, 2017
I love benz
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Donald7610: 8:17am On Jul 10, 2017
Toyota
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 8:20am On Jul 10, 2017
Donald7610:
Toyota

Ducks don't play where Lions play.

There are only two cars in the world, Mercedes and others. Talking about Reliability...Why do world leaders use Mercedes benz? That says a lot about it.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by SmartchoicesNG: 8:26am On Jul 10, 2017
futurewise11:

Taxis here are Mercedes-Benz.
So? Taxis in Benin City are Audi's.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by aolawale025: 8:32am On Jul 10, 2017
The reputation of a brand is built over a number of years. Mercedes wins!
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by 2nattie(m): 8:34am On Jul 10, 2017
BigIyanga:

Thank you very much. Naija roads and mechanics misrepresent facts for most Nigerian s. The questions I want us to is why do we have BMW as one of the top brands globally? Benz doesn't even come close

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by jmslimx(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2017
Their is a saying about cars..

Two types of cars in the world .. Mercedes Benz and the others
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2017
BigIyanga:

big ups bro...i was just going through all comments as usual..when i saw the 1st 3 comments it immediately put on the path of dismay ..i have used 3 bmws..as a matter of facts the 1st bmw was 1994 in mushin that my elder brought for us..before i bought mine 1998 and again in 2005..i can tell you everything about bmw..my best friend now is using 2012 5series ,next month we are going to the UK to check 2008 3series or 2000 760i for me because i am in love with the luxury,speed and bulky look of that model..BMW as a model wasnt built for careless people because BMW is like a woman if she complains listen,treat with care,be attentive,respect and above all try to resolve the issues.

The problem most people have is they just believe if the car drives then the car is ok..it doesnt work like that even in our daily lives..that is why people just die anyhow because basic ill health signs are usually ignored..even in Nigeria some people will even allow sule the road side mechanic decide the life of their car..tell them to disconnect the dashboard diagnostic indicator..can you imagine??ok how do i argue with such a person?where do i begin fromyou buy anyhow fuel in your car because you dont care and because you think you can blame the manufacturers or because you know there are alot of your kind outside there that will join you to condemn the product....you dont buy fuel regularly ..you wait till is almost drying up..forgetting the fact that your tank is metal and its only natural for rust to set it in..afterall we all know fuel is corrosive..when the fuel is very low like that its only natural that the rust particles will be sucked to the fuel pump and it will be blocked...but as usual you will join your likes and condemn the manufacturer....i choose my arguements wisely only when i am bored i argue with anyone but usually i just observe and keep quiet ever since i realized the stats of stupid people is against me.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ever Ordered A Car Abroad While In Nigeria & It Worked? Share Ur Experience / See The Rare Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion Which Sells For N2.5billion / The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.