Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? (32144 Views)

Photo Comparison: Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe Vs BMW X6. Which Side Are You On? / Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! / Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by AutoJoshNG: 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
“Better”. The term “Better” is so multifaceted. But i will try to explain it from certain points of view.

1. When we talk about actual driving, BMW is usually considered the better driving machine. Their cars are most of the time lighter than the MB counterparts and thus are able to take on corners better, plus they are sporting one of the best manual shifters ever. MB normally tries to overcome this by putting big engines in their models which can make them quite aggressive and unpredictable if you want them to be. But that brings up a second advantage of BMW. Due to their bigger weight and bigger engines, MB cars usually drink more fuel than their Bavarian counterparts. The difference may vary from model to model, but as far as I am concerned, BMW´s are usually described as being more fuel efficient.

2. When sitting inside them, the two cars again go into two directions. MB tries to make their interior as luxurious as possible. The driver gets cocooned in leather, a lot of chrome and wood, while giving everything a modern touch nowadays. BMW shifts more towards ergonomics. If you look into a 3-series for instance, you will see, that most things on the center console, including the radio, the little buttons and such are slightly leaning towards the driver, they are driver-oriented, making it easier for him/her to operate them while driving. So the first priorities are Luxury vs. Ergonomics.

3. As far as pricing is concerned, MB cars are usually considered a bit more expensive, with minor exceptions.

4. Model range: Now this is where MB can make up a lot of ground. While a lot of cars from both brands have their equivalent counterparts – take the 3-series and the C-Class for example – Mercedes-Benz does have some models, which just won´t find any competitors on the BMW side. The swabians are nowadays famous for building ferocious supercars like the MB SLR Maclaren, the gullwing SLS or the absolutely brilliant looking AMG GT. And you probably know about the G-Class as well? The big, bulky one? That is not an SUV, that thing is a proper offroader.

5. When it comes to styling, well let´s just say that both cars have their distinct shaping and a few characteristics defining them. BMW want their cars to appear as if they want to go forwards with the cabin positioned more at the rear of the car and the long bonnet. MB makes their cars very burgeoisie-like, with long wheelbases and bionic shapes.

6. Looking at target audience, BMW usually appeals more to younger drivers, whereas MB is more suited for older drivers. In recent years however, both brands are trying to expand their target audience. MB for example have launched the new A-Class in 2013, which unlike the old version really is a car that people and especially young people might want.
All in all, both brands have their ups and downs and while being similar in some points, differentiate in several crucial points.

Which do you think is better – Mercedes Benz or BMW? and why?

Don’t forget to like and share.

Credit:
https://www.quora.com/Is-BMW-really-better-than-Mercedes-Benz

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by zinachidi(m): 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
I'd go for Benz, cos of its luxury, but mehn, BMW cars have one kind of swag...

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2017

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by cogbuagu: 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
I will be back soon
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
benz
benz
benz
you can't smoke loud in a Bimmer, but you can in a benz tongue

41 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by cogbuagu: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
I like this topic

3 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Caustics: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
angry Oga josh did you copy this online or it is your own verdict.

2 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
“Better”. The term “Better” is so multifaceted. But i will try to explain it from certain points of view.

1. When we talk about actual driving, BMW is usually considered the better driving machine. Their cars are most of the time lighter than the MB counterparts and thus are able to take on corners better, plus they are sporting one of the best manual shifters ever. MB normally tries to overcome this by putting big engines in their models which can make them quite aggressive and unpredictable if you want them to be. But that brings up a second advantage of BMW. Due to their bigger weight and bigger engines, MB cars usually drink more fuel than their Bavarian counterparts. The difference may vary from model to model, but as far as I am concerned, BMW´s are usually described as being more fuel efficient.

2. When sitting inside them, the two cars again go into two directions. MB tries to make their interior as luxurious as possible. The driver gets cocooned in leather, a lot of chrome and wood, while giving everything a modern touch nowadays. BMW shifts more towards ergonomics. If you look into a 3-series for instance, you will see, that most things on the center console, including the radio, the little buttons and such are slightly leaning towards the driver, they are driver-oriented, making it easier for him/her to operate them while driving. So the first priorities are Luxury vs. Ergonomics.

3. As far as pricing is concerned, MB cars are usually considered a bit more expensive, with minor exceptions.

4. Model range: Now this is where MB can make up a lot of ground. While a lot of cars from both brands have their equivalent counterparts – take the 3-series and the C-Class for example – Mercedes-Benz does have some models, which just won´t find any competitors on the BMW side. The swabians are nowadays famous for building ferocious supercars like the MB SLR Maclaren, the gullwing SLS or the absolutely brilliant looking AMG GT. And you probably know about the G-Class as well? The big, bulky one? That is not an SUV, that thing is a proper offroader.

5. When it comes to styling, well let´s just say that both cars have their distinct shaping and a few characteristics defining them. BMW want their cars to appear as if they want to go forwards with the cabin positioned more at the rear of the car and the long bonnet. MB makes their cars very burgeoisie-like, with long wheelbases and bionic shapes.

6. Looking at target audience, BMW usually appeals more to younger drivers, whereas MB is more suited for older drivers. In recent years however, both brands are trying to expand their target audience. MB for example have launched the new A-Class in 2013, which unlike the old version really is a car that people and especially young people might want.
All in all, both brands have their ups and downs and while being similar in some points, differentiate in several crucial points.

Which do you think is better – Mercedes Benz or BMW? and why?

Don’t forget to like and share.

https://autojosh.com/benz-vs-bmw/

BMW all the way

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Justuceleague2: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lol car na car abeg, except it's Rover 75 v8

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by djemillionia: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
BMW

22 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
Benz. Anytime

6 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by tdayof(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
BMW has great cars .

However, the Nigerian mentality has been configured into mercedes = boss/luxury just the way some people feel about IPhone to Samsung.

To Nigerians, it's not just about the design but the brand. Put a Mercedes logo on a BMW and Nigerians will go for the BMW with Mercedes logo (same with the Apple and Samsung issue.)

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Justuceleague2: 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
BMW all the way

You didnt have to quote the whole writeup merely writing autojosh will indicate a mention

Kids everywhere

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by datola: 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
Op, you have said it all.

BMW cars are sporty and thus appeal to the younger generation.

M. Benz on the other hand are heavier, more luxurious and are mature peoples' choice.

Mercedes is 'Obokun oloye' or 'oko ayokele' from time immemorial and it represents better class, especially in Nigeria.

For me, I prefer M. Benz to Be My Wife (BMW)

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by NwaAmaikpe: 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
shocked

Hypocrites,

Most of the people shouting 'Benz all the way'
don't even have a Benz

At best; na Benz 190 dem get.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by oneda(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
see JAMB question o

1 Like

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Alitair(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
MB all the way. Even in the pictures op posted, i choose the benz.

*btw who knows what ''BMW'' actually means?

1 Like

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by rabdeluxe(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
BMW ni ooo .. Benz na just name e carry..

2 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Prince4945(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
gimme d benzi any day any time

1 Like

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by onuwaje(m): 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2017
Click like for Benz
Click Share for BMW

59 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Gscales2017(m): 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
mehnnnnnn benz no be bmwmate gscales ay soooo

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by kushfc(m): 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
BMW all the way

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by OBAGADAFFI: 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2017

That is not true.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by SageTravels: 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
Benz All the way. My first must be Benz And Last Must Be Benz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by dakeskese(m): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
hmmmm...

Abeg where I fit see Peogeot 504?

These ones no strong
undecided

4 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by plessis: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
Definitely benz...
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Oblongata: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
In summary Op loves bmw, simple

2 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
Justuceleague2:

You didnt have to quote the whole writeup merely writing autojosh will indicate a mention

Kids everywhere
I was gonna reply u.. But on a second thought I contacted my meter and below is the result.. Ancestral idiots everywhere grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by xanie: 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2017
das Beste oder nichts MB
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by shepherd003: 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
I'm beginning to like BMW

1 Like

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Sirambassador(m): 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2017
Seated..... Waiting for a fight
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by mikkybellami(m): 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2017
Going for Audi although its not mentioned here

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving / The Evolution Of Mercedes Benz S-class Flagship (photos) / Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.