Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! (878 Views)

Dozens Of Bodyguards Surrounding Kim Jong Un's Limousine In Vietnam(Pics) / Trump Shows Kim Jong-un His Armored Beast / Kim Jong-un Commits To 'Complete De-nuclearization, More Photos From The Summit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by ADMAF(m): 7:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
What do Shipping, aviation, military training, heavy and light arms, Banking, diplomats and Statues all have in common? Well, all have embargoes placed on them by the UN (and US, of course) in a bid to make North Korea think again and drop its nuclear agenda and embrace a lot more dialogue with the outside world.
It is barely breaking news that the DPRK has been unrelenting and has even stepped up tests in its quest to miniaturize nuclear warheads and thus become one of the few States with a nuclear arsenal capable of reaching (perceived enemy) targets anywhere in the world. Pyongyang has conducted no less than seven missile tests in 2017 alone and appears to be making steady progress. If the ability or seriousness of Kim to achieve his aim was ever in doubt, the test of a two stage Intercontinental Ballistic missile has confirmed to even the most pessimistic of international observers that an activity of grave international consequence is certainly taking place within the more troublesome of the Korean States.
The threat of the DPRK to the world is even more serious when Kim Jong Un is put into perspective. Only this year , 'the supreme leader' (very likely) ordered the assassination of his half brother with a nerve agent. This follows the assassination of his uncle Jang Song- Thaek in 2013. That could be his limit......he could go on further, no one knows his state of mind and mental Health. Donald Trump was mocked on the back of his election win as one who would be too eager to play with the US nuclear codes-Now, try to picture Mr. Kim in his nuclear stead with his hands "on deck"and see if' the joke is still funny. Very Little is known of the secretive despot's private and public life except for what the official news agency "Rodong" is obliged to report, making him even less predictable. He has ignored the prospect of global socio-economic integration, and even the small matter of abundance of food for his impoverished subjects for the perpetuation of the absolute rule of his family.
The North Korean leadership is very much aware of the fact that it runs a peculiar authoritarian system at odds with the predominant system of governance in the modern world. Kim most likely suspects that the US and its allies must be considering a lot of different options (including assassination ) to get rid of him and his strangle hold on power. The North Korean secret service even claims it has evidence of a plot to assassinate the 'supreme leader'. Similarly, Kim very conscious of the fact that his regime is particularly vulnerable without a flexible attack/ defence system. Therefore, the North requires a dependable form of security that would both instantly and accurately convey the message it is so desperate to send. Having a nuclear arsenal is a subtle yet very effective method of saying "stay away, our dogs can bite" and "if you threaten us, we can certainly strike you. Just like in the case of Soviet and subsequently Russia- U.S relations, this follows the principle of deterrence and must have made perfect sense to Kim, considering what he and his cohort are trying to achieve.
However, a nuclear weapon chasing DPRK is scary enough, but it is even scarier when one thinks of what it would do when it eventually has the capacity and capability. Russia and the US have been content with showing off and stocking their piles of nuclear weapons, exercising restraint above all and embracing talks. Kim Jong Un has agreed to talks before only to turn 360 degrees and has been obstinate recently, refusing any talks and negotiations over its nuclear ambitions, apart from ignoring UN sanctions.
Can Kim Jong Un be trusted with the responsibility that comes with being in charge of a nuclear arsenal , can he be trusted not to toy with weapons that could potentially put an end to human existence and wipe all living things off the face of the earth? I do not think anyone wants to sit and patiently wait till Mr. supreme leader answers these questions himself with an ICBM launch or a third world war before action is taken. His precedents don't make for pleasant reading, it certainly is warning enough. Too much time and energy has been expended trying to make Kim take the carrot and it has yielded absolutely no result! Now is the time to give him the stick. As a matter of urgent World priority, Sufficient energy, technology and Resources by the UN and member States to ensure that the stockpile is traced, found and gotten rid of. While It is definitely easier said than done and poses a lot of risk, it is much better and of less risk to take action than to be sorry when it has become too late and we are in effect doomed.

1 Like

Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
China is the only country Kim Jung un listen to but China is not doing anything to help
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by ADMAF(m): 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
lofty900:
China is the only country Kim Jung un listen to but China is not doing anything to help
It is certainly true sir....If china decides to place embargoes on trade and banking with korea, it will amost certainly cripple the DPRk ad force them to retrace their steps. Instead, China has kept its distance and has only been emphasising negotiations instead of the use of force because it fears war could destabilise Korea and refugees will spill over into its territory. As it is, Beijing will only act if there is a direct challenge from North Korea. It. is just unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by AmoryBlacq: 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
why would US and other nations have nuclear arsenal yet want to prevent others from acquiring it?

If US and Russia believe in peace and peaceful dialog what then do they need nuclear weapons for?

Obviously they don't believe in what they preach
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by ADMAF(m): 9:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
AmoryBlacq:
why would US and other nations have nuclear arsenal yet want to prevent others from acquiring it?

If US and Russia believe in peace and peaceful dialog what then do they need nuclear weapons for?

Nuclear weapons are too dangerous for any State to own. You see, I do not support any State owning weapons of mass destruction, even US or Russia. However, we know the US and Russia (to an extent) both have more significant control over their leaders and they cannot just press the button cos they are annoyed. This cannot be said of North Korea which is under the rule of Kim's thumb! The article sought to highlight the unpredictability of the totalitarian regime as the reason why Mr Kim cannot be allowed to have nuclear weapons at his disposal. Do you know some hours ago Kim was threatening a third world war of nuclear proportions if the US and south Korea continue their joint militar drills? We all know Kim is no joker!

1 Like

Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
AmoryBlacq:

because north Korea leader is not a responsible person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by AmoryBlacq: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2017
ADMAF:

Nuclear weapons are too dangerous for any State to own. You see, I do not support any State owning weapons of mass destruction, even US or Russia. However, we know the US and Russia (to an extent) both have more significant control over their leaders and they cannot just press the button cos they are annoyed. This cannot be said of North Korea which is under the rule of Kim's thumb! The article sought to highlight the unpredictability of the totalitarian regime as the reason why Mr Kim cannot be allowed to have nuclear weapons at his disposal. Do you know some hours ago Kim was threatening a third world war of nuclear proportions if the US and south Korea continue their joint militar drills? We all know Kim is no joker!

From my angle, i think WW3 is something that will surely happen! whether now or later

US and Russia understand this hence the need to always fortify their nuclear armory.

I'm in total support or NK or any other nation possessing Nuclear weapons, enough of US and Russia seeing themselves as untouchable.

only when they terminate their nuclear projects will I believe their world peace message
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by AmoryBlacq: 8:14am On Jul 10, 2017
lofty900:
because north Korea leader is not a responsible person

Who then is You, Putin, Trump or I

power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely

NK would never hit the button, he's only trying to make world nations wary of him especially the US as should every other nation do

And please forget all these media talk aimed at discrediting him, he cares for his people

2 Likes

Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by LordOfNaira: 8:30am On Jul 10, 2017
AmoryBlacq:

NK would never hit the button, he's only trying to make world nations wary of him especially the US as should every other nation do

And please forget all these media talk aimed at discrediting him, he cares for his people

Bro, you have answered yourself. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. That's why the world is wary of Kim. He has absolute power unlike Trump and Putin who still have to share power with the other arms of their Federal Government. Trump cannot singlehandedly declare a nuclear war nor can Putin but Kim can.
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by ADMAF(m): 9:26am On Jul 10, 2017
AmoryBlacq:

I understand ur point of view sir. U want a fair/ equal international system where everyone has the right to own any weapons for its defence and preservation and it's not an exclusive reserve of such States as Russia and the US.You may consider these

While every State should have a right to strengthen it's attack/defence systemn in different innovative forms, owning nuclear weapons is a different matter. If a third world takes place, it's going to be States throwing weapons of mass destruction at one another. I hope u are aware That Russia's armoury is enough to wipe out most of living matter, and we have not even mentioned the US.

Therefore, we have a lot to deal with already with US and Russia and both were actually considering gradually depleting their arsenal ( you may check to confirm). We should not support another State- especially an authoritarian one in its quest to own nuclear weapons.

As for the statement on absolute power- You have nly strengthened my argument. You see, both The US n Russia operate systems where there are checks and balances so their leaders don't wield "absolute power" in that sense. For instance, they have the parliament or congress and their is a prime minister in the case of Russia This way, it's a rigorous process before war can be declared and weapons dispersed. In the case of North Korea, its authoritarian,the leader only selects wat is to be done for him and by whom, and so far he has definitely been the one wielding absolute powers. As for not believing the media talk on NORTH korea, It should be of interest to you to know that the Chinese govt_ their only ally has condemned their nuclear tests.This You may also check their official CCTV news archives to see what they really think about the nuclear programme.

Finally, if Kim loves his people and gives them the good life as much as you claim, why has he prevented them from showing how good they look by themselves using private and social media? Why has Mr Kim taken it upon itself to use only the official news agency? As for the American citizen who was accused of stealing a "propaganda" sign and was given a pill that sent him into coma.... don't you think in a sane society he'll have simply gone to the courts and be sent to jail.....if in the xtrmities, it's actually jail time if you steal a "propaganda sign" in a sane society?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by seunny4lif(m): 10:15am On Jul 10, 2017
US can't do anything to NK
It's simple
US invade NK, NK strike both SK and all US allies within reach and more further push by US will make China enter the war just like the last Korea war.
The China now is diff from 1950s China without flight jets which depends on USSR for weapons.
NK be like pikin, who get brothers for house.Try beat am and see what will happen.
NK will always own nukes as long as China and Russia dey there.
NK border China and China border Russia, so the maths.
USA having missiles def close to China border, is the last thing both Russia and China wanted.
USA can't bomb NK, becos even if she can't nuke US, NK can bike Japan and all US allies.
Nothing going to stop them.
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by seunny4lif(m): 10:21am On Jul 10, 2017
ADMAF:

It is certainly true sir....If china decides to place embargoes on trade and banking with korea, it will amost certainly cripple the DPRk ad force them to retrace their steps. Instead, China has kept its distance and has only been emphasising negotiations instead of the use of force because it fears war could destabilise Korea and refugees will spill over into its territory. As it is, Beijing will only act if there is a direct challenge from North Korea. It. is just unfortunate.

China will never help.
USA will only bully countries that can't strike back.China and Russia got NK back.
As long as U.S. get over 50K troops in Japan and SK.
China and Russia own NK for the same reason U.S. has bases in Japan and SK
Simple
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 10, 2017
AmoryBlacq:

From my angle, i think WW3 is something that will surely happen! whether now or later

US and Russia understand this hence the need to always fortify their nuclear armory.

I'm in total support or NK or any other nation possessing Nuclear weapons, enough of US and Russia seeing themselves as untouchable.

only when they terminate their nuclear projects will I believe their world peace message

U.S is the only nation trying to Stop genocide and they can't do it without NUKES. And by saying that word u support d use of chemical weapons by syria and N.KOREA THREATENING TO kill millions.
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2017
seunny4lif:
US can't do anything to NK
It's simple
US invade NK, NK strike both SK and all US allies within reach and more further push by US will make China enter the war just like the last Korea war.
The China now is diff from 1950s China without flight jets which depends on USSR for weapons.
NK be like pikin, who get brothers for house.Try beat am and see what will happen.
NK will always own nukes as long as China and Russia dey there.
NK border China and China border Russia, so the maths.
USA having missiles def close to China border, is the last thing both Russia and China wanted.
USA can't bomb NK, becos even if she can't nuke US, NK can bike Japan and all US allies.
Nothing going to stop them.
daht why i asked who use to feed u? JAPAN bombed U.S u.s revenged by killing over Thousands In A Move Without Thinking Twice, terrorist bombed the U.S, U.S revenged by making all terrorist hate her If N.korea nuke U.S even u will not survive.
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by AmoryBlacq: 11:37am On Jul 10, 2017
Ikio:
U.S is the only nation trying to Stop genocide and they can't do it without NUKES. And by saying that word u support d use of chemical weapons by syria and N.KOREA THREATENING TO kill millions.

please bro explain to me how the US is trying to stop genocide with the use of nukes?

by instilling fear?
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
AmoryBlacq:

please bro explain to me how the US is trying to stop genocide with the use of nukes?

by instilling fear?
If u read history u wil find out wat i am saying human genocide have always being there before u.s was even created.let me just mention a few holocaust,nigeria-biafra war, slave trade,killing of christians in asia years(before nigeria was even formed) jihad never started today it started years ago. U.S have no issue wif muslems killing infact u.s have good relationship wif saudi arabia a hostile country to christians, china and so many of them What U.S WANTS IS U CAN'T NOT COMMIT GENOCIDE BECOS OF WAT U BELIEVE.
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by AmoryBlacq: 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ikio:
If u read history u wil find out wat i am saying human genocide have always being there before u.s was even created.let me just mention a few holocaust,nigeria-biafra war, slave trade,killing of christians in asia years(before nigeria was even formed) jihad never started today it started years ago. U.S have no issue wif muslems killing infact u.s have good relationship wif saudi arabia a hostile country to christians, china and so many of them What U.S WANTS IS U CAN'T NOT COMMIT GENOCIDE BECOS OF WANT U BELIEVE.

Brother i understand you

But the truth is that US and every other nation that possess NW have it mainly for one thing and one thing only

protect themselves from the inevitable WW3
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2017
AmoryBlacq:

Brother i understand you

But the truth is that US and every other nation that possess NW have it mainly for one thing and one thing only

at

protect themselves from the inevitable WW3

WW3 is evitable if we stand up to those who believe they can kill to maintain power.Trump said " i can't believe Japan and south korea even put up wif this guy" that means they are cowards infacts U.S is one nation in the world that don't have cowards they go to the battle field to say they LOVE AMERICA or is it not in 2014 we have Nigeria soldier running from bokoharam.Once again world powers don't have issue wif u killing becos of a law U.S are friends wif saudis,qatar,UAE,EGYPT and so on but will fight U if you commit genocide using a law u believe in especially d U.S DAHT D NEW WORLD ORDER
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by AmoryBlacq: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ikio:
WW3 is evitable if we stand up to who believe they can kill to maintain power.Trump said " i can't believe Japan and south korea even put up wif this guy" that means they are cowards infacts U.S is one nation in the world that don't have cowards they go to the battle field to say they LOVE AMERICA or is it not in 2014 we have Nigeria soldier running from bokoharam

the ratio of an American soldier dying in battle compared to a Nigerian soldier

is 1:10 if not even 20

US armies are well trained and equipped not forgetting the benefits accrued to their families should they die. Now compare with what we have here then tell me why any of the US soldiers won't scream

"I love America"

back to the issue

When you take a look at the world today

more evil, more hate, high level of terrorism, extremists, population threat on the eco system

You'd realize WW3 is inevitable

whether now or in 200 years!
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
AmoryBlacq:

the ratio of an American soldier dying in battle compared to a Nigerian soldier

is 1:10 if not even 20

US armies are well trained and equipped not forgetting the benefits accrued to their families should they die. Now compare with what we have here then tell me why any of the US soldiers won't scream

"I love America"

back to the issue

When you take a look at the world today

more evil, more hate, high level of terrorism, extremists, population threat on the eco system

You'd realize WW3 is inevitable

whether now or in 200 years!

Lolz i don't knw why a feel funny abt u, Nigeria have never lost the numbers of soldiers U.S have lost in History U.S fought war in afghanistan and iraq same time and lost hundreds daht why they don't want to deploy massive amount of troop even russian or d west will not try deployin thousands to fight an external terror war.
Re: NORTH KOREA: Stop Kim Jong Un Now! by mysticwarrior(m): 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ikio:
very funny, have you ever read about the Native American genocide? America has carried out genocide among their very own Indians, they deliberately introduced communicable diseases in an attempt to wipe out the Indians and claim their land, they also slaughtered Indians in large numbers during the Indian wars. how could a country known to have carried out genocide on it own people and the only country to have used WMD (atomic bomb) against the Japanese, be "the only nation trying to stop genocide by using nukes" does this make any sense to you?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Biden To Black Voters: 'You Ain't Black' If You Support Donald Trump / Pres. Ramaphosa Vs Ricardo Maarman - ‘show Us The Virus Or Lift The Lockdown’ / NATO Is Avoiding War With Russia For Your Sake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.