Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,511 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Change Of Careeer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Change Of Careeer (654 Views)

I Forgot My Jamb Email And Password. Pls Want To Do Change Of Cours And I Need / Change Of Course In Uniuyo..i Have Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Of Careeer by benugo(m): 5:30am On Jul 10, 2017
Changing your career can be a very stressful and confusing period of one's life. Imagine getting a fully funded PhD scholarship to the UK or US with complete welfare packages amidst a very good well paying job in our beautiful country Nigeria; the challenge one might face in such a time includes fear of quitting existing jobs, leaving loved ones including children and kids, adapting to an entirely different culture and people, etc.

The guiding principle during such period is what I call 'EVAC'. First, you need to EVALUATE what your life needs and aspirations are. If you are on a bank Job as an Engineer, and such an offer comes your way, then you should ask yourself whether that job is God's perfect place for you in life? if an offer comes at a time where present job keeps you away from your family, your faith, your relationship, then, you may need have a rethink as God may be speaking. Once you have defined your vision, then, you need scrutinize the authenticity of the offer/ the claims. This will provide you with ample information on merit and demerit of such offer. Secondly, VERIFY your readiness to opt for such career path. If it is an advanced degree, then you need seek guidance from mentors who have threaded the same path. Verify all requirements for proposed course of study and most important in your verification process is to ...seek God's face, remember He said, call upon me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which thou knoweth not... God sees the end from the beginning so Trust in Him.

Also, ADOPT and ADAPT a positive mindset. Our generation is posed with people who are scared of taking healthy risk. Most people are only waiting for directions from others and not from their inner man, not from God. They are scared of the future which mostly becomes evident from their pessimism and negative connotations. Be bold, stand upright, say and speak positive and no matter how lean your might be resources (lean resources to process your offer), just have FAITH in God.

Finally, be COURAGEOUS. Have FAITH in God and then man (including yourself). In pursuing your future, you need to be attentive to life's rules. Work, be diligent, listen, mimic the positive, have good mentors, pray without season. One thing that has kept me going in life is the ability to Watch and Pray (W-P). Some call it - Wake and Prosperity, Worn/ Wear/ Wither and Prevail... God provided man with a mystery to correct our inherent tendencies of foolishness, and this mystery is the Ant. God instruction to MAN... go to the Ant thou Sluggard consider her ways and be wise.... Many Millionaires and Billionaires have wasted their life due to sluggishness and foolishness. In fact, listen, You can not sincerely study, genuinely burn the mid-night candle and wear out in pain and penury..just look at the ant. The fear of not getting a job is from the devil because God cannot provide a ladder of greatness without installing unlimited opportunities for the few ones with guts and courage who attain height to access. Remember, you are one of the very few, you are not like others. Rejoice!

Friend, grab your God given opportunity, remember, the gateway I initially told you, it is time to EVAC. Don't listen to weaklings, negativeness, failures, soar extremely high and conquer your world.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Change Of Careeer by matildadouglas: 7:18am On Jul 10, 2017
A doctor will dependably have something to state - if not to inquire. I like the thought behind making a string like this for restorative understudies crosswise over Nigeria to share thoughts, encounters, privileged insights and considerations about what's to come Essay Help | Essay Star. Restorative tutoring in Nigeria is very testing - from the section to the "staying" to the graduating sef - all na battle. How about we trust the string doesn't take after the pathway of its antecedents by being lost among the confirmation scramble around this area.
Re: Change Of Careeer by catherinwills: 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2019
If you choose your career then it is difficult to change it. Some people don't have aim and they choose subjects with no interest this won't help you to grow. Choose your area of interest first and then grow. rainbow powder coatings

1 Like

Re: Change Of Careeer by benugo(m): 11:29am On Mar 28, 2019
True talk! I think FAITH and RISK taking plays very vital role in the NIGERIAN CLIME. Seriously, it is very difficult getting established in Nigeria; it becomes more difficult if you have no mentor or contact point in industry, the state and federal ministries. We all know the IMM factor (i.e. the WHO you KNOW factor).

FAITH (being positive, hyper ambitious and hopeful) is what opens the way for those without helpers. I love this statement 'For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he'. Simply put, what you think, is who you are and will be. It may be difficult for Nigeria to change now o. Notwithstanding, we can work hard to change our believes, focus and of our future; our change will impact on our families and friends and such contagious change goes on and on.

Please, let us all remain positive and keep WORKING.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advice! What Course Can I Get With These Result? / Latest Ranking Of Nigerian Universities Based On Online Popularity. / A Nigerian Appointed First Black Chair Of US Cardiovascular Disease Board(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.