Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot (18055 Views)

Turn Your Windows XP PC Into An Hotspot Using Command Prompt / How To Turn Your Pc Into Wifi Hotspot With Uc Browser / How To Turn Your Windows 10 PC Into A Mobile Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by directonpc(m): 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
Where the pc want get internet from?
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by cyber5(m): 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
It can also be done without CMD
That's what i use on my Windows 7 laptop to transfer files from other pc

it is also called Ad-Hoc Network
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by steve6: 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ok
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
Avoid if you are a newbie. Your PC will thank you later grin

http://angelbulksms.com/bulk-sms-reseller
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by MicroSweet(m): 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
cyber5:
It can also be done without CMD

That's what i use on my Windows 7 laptop to transfer files from other pc

it is also called Ad-Hoc Network
Been thinking about this! please would you be kind enough to share the setup process? thank u
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by wman(m): 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
Nonsense.

Windows 10 comes with hotspot abilities.

Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by samuelolowoniyi(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
Save urself the stress Just download Virtual Router 1.0 or Virtual Router Plus it cool.
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by cyber5(m): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
MicroSweet:
Been thinking about this! please would you be kind enough to share the setup process? thank u

What's ur pc specs

Name
Model
OS
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by MicroSweet(m): 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
cyber5:

What's ur pc specs
Name Model OS
Hp Elitebook 6930 Win 10
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by cyber5(m): 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
MicroSweet:
Hp Elitebook 6930 Win 10

To create the Hotspot or Ad-Hoc Network

1. Search for ' Manage Network' Thistles will show a list of wireless network your PC has connected to.

2. Click Add. A window will pop-up with 2 options
*create Ad-Hoc network
*manually set-up network
Choose create Ad-Hoc option and fill in the SSID, Encryption type, and check (tick) the little box then save it.

You are good to go, the network will added to the lists of available connections.

To transfer from Pc-Pc

1. On your pc, connect to the network you've just created. After connecting it will be waiting for users to connect to it. So that makes the pc with the Ad-Hoc network the host.

3. On the pc you want to transfer files from or want to transfer to, connect it to the network the host pc has created.

4. On the host pc, go to my Network places after the host network has identified the (guest) pc. Click on the pc connected and input the login details of the guest pc. So everything on the C Drive of the other pc (guest) will appear so you can copy files to or from the guest pc.

Note that Network Sharing must be enabled on both PCs.

Forgive my errors and blunders if any, i was rushing to get this typed so i could charge my phone, you know how power supply is epileptic in some places

1 Like

Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by steve6: 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
Nice
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by Healer007: 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
Long......Adventurous.....Process
Just use connectify
You'll even have more functions
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by Healer007: 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
I'm sure OP knew people will reply giving various alternatives to that shi.......... cheesy
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by Ennyholar: 9:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
Easy and nice
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by Nobody: 3:25am On Jul 11, 2017
pauljumbo:
Just download Connectify it does all the magic

Connectify is totally useless angry angry
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by vitality22(m): 8:04am On Jul 11, 2017
Can any of these stuff or softwares work on a windows 10 desktop computer? what are the requirements
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by kelvincoke(m): 12:29am On Jul 12, 2017
I needed directions on how to use DOS (disk operating system) to connect to a WI-FI. the thing is, somebody use a computer technology to manipulate the connection that it can only be done through DOS world. I will appreciate help from any body.
Re: How To Turn Your Windows Pc Into A Tethering Hotspot by LasGidiOwner: 7:55am On Aug 09, 2017
@adadike281, please email me on this email so we can talk on phone: chino.dike@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer And Drives. / Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop / Urgent! I Formatted My Laptop! Can I Ever Recover The Files?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.