Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction (15819 Views)

Google Has 3 New Apps That Could Help Reduce Phone Addiction / 6 Ways To Overcome Phone Addiction / 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by JARUSHUB: 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
An addiction is basically when a thing begins to control your life and interferes with your daily activities, work and relationships. When your phone starts to do that to you, it has become an addiction you need to immediately break. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 effective ways to break a phone addiction.

The First Few Minutes of Your Day

The first way to break a phone addiction is to dedicate the first 10 to 30 minutes of your day, at least, to planning and creating a good start to your day, rather than unlocking your phone to browse various internet or social media platforms.

Create No-Phone Periods

You have to be strict with this one because this can significantly decrease your productivity and efficiency once you are unable to carry it out. If you find yourself constantly being distracted by your phone, it is necessary to create a no-phone period, where for a specific number of minutes or hours you close off your phone and stay completely dedicated to your work.

Don’t Lose Sleep Over Your Phone

Set limits. You should never allow your phone deprive you of your sleep. Be disciplined and set limits. The moment you stop putting energy into caring for your basic needs and start putting all your time and energy into your phone, you are allowing your phone dictate your health and well-being. Please stop that, your phone is not worth your health.

Customize Your Notifications

The fact is the lesser notifications you receive, the less likely you are to get distracted by your smartphone and constantly check your smartphone. Therefore, customize your smartphone notifications by turning off notifications for the apps that distract you the most.

Work on Building Real Life Relationships

Rather than spending hours building virtual relationships, try to get real and work to develop real world relationships. Real world relationships are more physically and emotionally gratifying than virtual relationships, so try to move your relationships with people from your phone to a real world platform. Instead of chatting, try to meet up somewhere next time (but be careful with this however and take this step with people you are without a doubt sure you can trust. The key phrase here is ‘without a doubt’.)

source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-effective-ways-break-phone-addiction/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Laryne(m): 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
Nice one... phone is really taking the place of real life people. Imagine always chatting with a Lalastica you'll never meet and ignoring the neighbours next flat you always see...

21 Likes

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by veekid(m): 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
Easier said than done

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Opistorincos(m): 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
sounds good, doesn't work

15 Likes

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by darhray(m): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
check this

8 Likes

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by dsoja: 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
Really?, I don't know how this can be possible
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by gashi12345: 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
You really tried sir.. But I think mind will be difficult.... cool maybe I needed to be given a million dollar anyday I stay for 5mins without my phone grin grin joking! Good article

1 Like

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Adetutu300(f): 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
Thank you. Guilty.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by KinzyeWriter(m): 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
break ke?
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by labisibrass(m): 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
foonu
cant go 5 minutes without it..break fire grin
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by lacoach: 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
I need deliverance . It has eaten me so deep that I can't breath without phone. I don't know if anyone is in my shoes

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by talk2saintify(m): 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
STORY

1 Like

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
OK
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
Make u of " touch light phone" for the rest of your life.One thing is certain,u won't bother about Facebook,nairaland etc that causes addition again.

1 Like

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by TINALETC3(f): 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
grin
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by merits(m): 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
d

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Nightking04(m): 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
Easier said than done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
Not in this generation
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by 989900: 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
Some people live and conduct 90% of their businesses from their phones (good to also note our smart phones are more or less our Desktop Computers now).

Virtual reality is the new reality. The earlier you accept this subtle fact, the better going forward -- this is where our world is headed.

The only thing worth pondering over, are the health implications.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Simplestone(f): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
A Girl ask me what Wahala means?
Wahala is wen u Sneak ur Oga Motor
and Accidentally kill an Army's
General in front of a Barrack
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
lacoach:
I need deliverance. It has eaten me so deep that I can't breath without phone. I don't know if anyone is in my shoes

So who should visit Synagogue?
You or your phone? grin

http://angelbulksms.com/bulk-sms-reseller

2 Likes

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by abiolag(m): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
I hope I can work on these
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by TINALETC3(f): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
As an introvert, I prefer fone relationship to real life relationship

2 Likes

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
What effective ways to break nairaland addiction?

What effective ways Nigeria and APC government to break from stealing taxpayers money for foreign medical checkups?

1 Like

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by ItsawrapOutfit: 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
I need deliverance grin
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by stonemind(f): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
JARUSHUB:
An addiction is basically when a thing begins to control your life and interferes with your daily activities, work and relationships. When your phone starts to do that to you, it has become an addiction you need to immediately break. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 effective ways to break a phone addiction.

The First Few Minutes of Your Day

The first way to break a phone addiction is to dedicate the first 10 to 30 minutes of your day, at least, to planning and creating a good start to your day, rather than unlocking your phone to browse various internet or social media platforms.

Create No-Phone Periods

You have to be strict with this one because this can significantly decrease your productivity and efficiency once you are unable to carry it out. If you find yourself constantly being distracted by your phone, it is necessary to create a no-phone period, where for a specific number of minutes or hours you close off your phone and stay completely dedicated to your work.

Don’t Lose Sleep Over Your Phone

Set limits. You should never allow your phone deprive you of your sleep. Be disciplined and set limits. The moment you stop putting energy into caring for your basic needs and start putting all your time and energy into your phone, you are allowing your phone dictate your health and well-being. Please stop that, your phone is not worth your health.

Customize Your Notifications

The fact is the lesser notifications you receive, the less likely you are to get distracted by your smartphone and constantly check your smartphone. Therefore, customize your smartphone notifications by turning off notifications for the apps that distract you the most.

Work on Building Real Life Relationships

Rather than spending hours building virtual relationships, try to get real and work to develop real world relationships. Real world relationships are more physically and emotionally gratifying than virtual relationships, so try to move your relationships with people from your phone to a real world platform. Instead of chatting, try to meet up somewhere next time (but be careful with this however and take this step with people you are without a doubt sure you can trust. The key phrase here is ‘without a doubt’.)

source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-effective-ways-break-phone-addiction/

Praise be
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Kennitrust(m): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
since I joined NL, I can't do without my phone for a day

and can't let me run of data
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Harrisee(m): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
What of those addicted to naira land.

How will they break off the addiction?

I'm No. 1 though

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by paradigmshift(m): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
u can't bro except u ain't addicted to phone.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by MurphyTheory99(m): 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
Phones addiction has taken alot of people into their graves. Broken marriages and those who can't seem to pass exams. Countless havoc it has caused.

Once I get home each day, my phone is off from 7pm. Put in on again 7am in the morning.

Some Nigerians have 2 phones. Some 3. Only in 9ja. No where in the world will you meet people carrying so many phones around.

A word is enough for the wise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos From Infinix Note 5 Stylus Mall Activation In Lagos / Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute / Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 & 3 10.1 By Samsung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.