Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series (17844 Views)

Nnedi Okorafor Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today / Between Nnedi Okorafor & Upcoming Author She Told 'Talk Is Cheap' / Nnedi Okorafor To Write Black Panther For Marvel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by DarkRebel69: 10:48am On Jul 11, 2017
This is quite a milestone. Congratulations!

HBO are famed for their quality productions, such as “Game Of Thrones” - as was stated in the original post, and such as “Rome”. I hope they replicate their brilliance on “Who Fears Death” and give we Nigerians something to cheer about.
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by kinah(f): 10:50am On Jul 11, 2017
repogirl, Karoblogs, Tiffanyj,Safarigirl,Angelsss
shewrites

am expecting to hear ur names soon. selling rights to disneyworld, MGM, Universal, Harpo, or Tyler Perry #mycrush.

1 Like

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by pweetiedee(m): 10:52am On Jul 11, 2017
agadez007:
wink wink wink

Nnedi Okorafor

We set the paces
Meanwhile Somewhere in Afonjaland

See this one.

When it comes to intelligence, After yoruba , na Igbo.....can't say for Hausas...they prefer breeding and slaughtering.

Quote me if u like.

Congrats to the babe. Nigerians are making it out there.

1 Like

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by sukkot: 11:02am On Jul 11, 2017
this geh done chop pay. she doing it big for the eastside
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by enny4real23(m): 11:10am On Jul 11, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Who's got the book? I need to read it.

And I will really like HBO to take on "the sword of truth series" as well. Very interesting book.
bros, you have no idea how much i wish for that to happen, its the most interesting fantasy series i've ever read and i've read many, you gotta love richard rahl and his 'dance of death'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by poyet(m): 11:14am On Jul 11, 2017
I'm from Kaduna. Not Hausa, but Kataf from the southern part. So I'm not making this comment because of religious or regional sentiments.

The Igbos are like a double-edged sword - very hardworking, focused and intelligent like in the case of this author [Nnedi Okorafor], Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Chinua Achebe, and many other business moguls, both here and around the world. But they are also shady, fraudulent and too money-conscious, which usually drives them into the life of criminality.

The thing is: inasmuch as we condemn the actions of Igbos involved in dastardly acts, we must also not forget to laud those who produce commendable acts!
Igbo kwenu!!

1 Like

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by swegiedon(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2017
sukkot:
this geh done chop pay. she doing it big for the eastside
I swear man she just getting pay in dollars
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Vicsean: 11:21am On Jul 11, 2017
this is really great, these is the kinda breakthrough and focus we need in this country.
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 11, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
When are we going to see the exploits of northerners in the International stage? They act as lords in Nigeria but fizzle out when merit is used as a basis of judgement

Fizzle bombers...

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Goldfaze1: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
the next time her enemies will check her in her former place of residence the response they will get is, why are you looking for the rich among the poor? this Lady is made!

1 Like

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
Some day my books will make it to the steps of greatness
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Aluweezy(m): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
For your flight booking; both local & international, and visa to various country across the world, visit ZIDORA GROUP OF COMPANIES.

We offer the following world class services:

° Excellent airport protocol
° Air ticketing, Seat reservation and confirmation
° Visa related services; (Assist in processing your study, work and tourist visa)
° Meetings, seminars and conference planning
° Family travel and tour packages
° School/youth excursions/holidays
° Christian and Muslim Pilgrimages
° Free airport pick up and drop for international flights.

Office address: 54 Ago palace way, off Poopola bus-stop, Ago-Okota Lagos.

For enquiries; Tel: 08166906526
Email: aluauchenna@yahoo.com

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
onyi4edu:
Awww... This will be my story someday smiley
Congratulations sister. Step by step to greatness.

Yes dear, if you work hard enough, why not?

1 Like

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 11, 2017
Watch out for Uchenna Eze's THE LONGEST TRIAL.
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by GeneralOjukwu: 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
Well done Nnedi, congratulations...in case you can't find a correct Afonja Cassava for your area, I humbly submit mine for your consideration...I know you IPOB gals like your Afonja Cassava more than anything. cool

HiHihi. ..funny niggah!

But yeah, igbo ladies are good writers and moan well too grin

#BIAFRA#
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by GeneralOjukwu: 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
pweetiedee:

See this one.

When it comes to intelligence, After yoruba , na Igbo.....can't say for Hausas...they prefer breeding and slaughtering.

Quote me if u like.

Congrats to the babe. Nigerians are making it out there.

How many boyfriends have bitten you before? Don't lie...you look as edible as chocolate.

Looked at your DP started salivating. O n dan bi era inu sooga, Miss Omoge Peperenpe

Let me send a canoe to evacuate you from Lekki, Muah grin
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by pweetiedee(m): 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

How many boyfriends have bitten you before? Don't lie...you look as edible as chocolate.

Looked at your DP started salivating. O n dan bi era inu sooga, Miss Omoge Peperenpe

Let me send a canoe to evacuate you from Lekki, Muah

Ah!
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by colossus91(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
NCAN reporting live from 043....she is one of us grin
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Chijosky(m): 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
omonlaa:
Good news. This woman is illuminati though. I can see that famous "one eye" on the front of her shirt. And this proves she is definitely illuminati because why would she need another eye when she already has four eyes? Make una reason am na.
and you said you are from where?
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Eljay24(m): 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
onyi4edu:

Yes smiley smiley

do u mind a private chat, maybe we could share some ideas
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by introvertme: 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Who's got the book? I need to read it.

And I will really like HBO to take on "the sword of truth series" as well. Very interesting book.

I have it grin...send the ones you have
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by sukkot: 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
swegiedon:

I swear man she just getting pay in dollars
she reppin tha eastside lovely. getting that paper
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Angelsss(f): 8:42pm On Jul 11, 2017
kinah:
repogirl, Karoblogs, Tiffanyj,Safarigirl,Angelsss
shewrites

am expecting to hear ur names soon. selling rights to disneyworld, MGM, Universal, Harpo, or Tyler Perry #mycrush.

Amen dear. God will do it for us.

1 Like

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by repogirl(f): 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
kinah:
rep.ogirl, Karoblo.gs, Tiffa.nyj,Safar.girl,Angels.ss
shewrite..

Amen!

1 Like

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
Afam4eva:
First it was Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, then Uzodinma Iweala and now Nnedi Okoroafor. Congrats to all of them.

Started from the story telling culture of our forefathers
Igbos are good in prose
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by KELVINXY: 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
chuksvoice:

To expect an epic like GOT, would be a tough ask. Hope it becomes an epic of it own though.

True thou

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wounded / The Pain Of Pleasure - A Must Read For Every Lady And Her Boyfriend. / Sugar Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.