Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Swiss Politician Accepts Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Swiss Politician Accepts Islam (1997 Views)

Cameroonian Football Team Accepts Islam In UAE / Arnoud-van-doorn Former Antagonist Of Islam Accepts Islam And Performs Hajj 2013 / French Consul (regional Ambassador) In Kuwait Accepts Islam After Fajr This Morn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by gombos: 11:42am On Feb 02, 2010
Swiss antagonist of minarets embraces Islam (the man who wanted to ban minarets in switzerland)

RENOWNED Swiss politician Daniel Streich, who rose to fame for his campaign against minarets of mosques, has embraced Islam.
A member of the Swiss People’s Party (SVP) and a well-known politician, Daniel Streich was the first man who had launched a drive for imposition of ban on mosques minarets, and to lock the mosques in Switzerland. The proclamation of Streich’s conversion to Islam has created furore in Swiss politics, besides causing a tremor for those who supported ban on construction of mosques minarets.
Streich propagated his anti-Islamic movement far and wide in the country, sowed seeds of indignation and scorn for Islam among the people, and paved way for public opinion against pulpits and minarets of mosques.
But now Streich has become a soldier of Islam. His anti-Islam thoughts finally brought him so close to this religion that he embraced Islam. He is ashamed of his doings now and desires to construct the most beautiful mosque of Europe in Switzerland.

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/International/30-Jan-2010/Swiss-antagonist-of-minarets-embraces-Islam
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by muhsin(m): 12:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
Salam,

I have just read the news; am infact searching for its credibility or otherwise when I saw this thread. I shall comment later, inshaAllah.

Beside, this hasn't come to me with much surprise. Why? Folks more strong-headed who hated Islam and Muslim more than thousands times than him saw (and are still) the light of Islam and have embraced it.

BTW, the title shouldn't be that--it actually gives less info. cool
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by AbuZola3(m): 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2010
Allahu Akbar, God is Great.

We are looking forward for tudor, noetic, davidylnd, osisi and t truth to follow the path. May Allah guide us aright amin
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by muhsin(m): 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2010
Hmm. . . Good, Abuzola. cool
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by azeeza(f): 10:01am On Feb 03, 2010
Allah akbar.more to embrace islam

@Abu zola

We are looking forward for tudor, noetic, davidylnd, osisi and t truth to follow the path.

Toba is missing out of that list.he is included too
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by azeeza(f): 10:03am On Feb 03, 2010
Allahu akbar.more to embrace islam

@Abu zola

We are looking forward for tudor, noetic, davidylnd, osisi and t truth to follow the path.

Toba is missing out of that list.he is included too
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by gombos: 11:21am On Feb 03, 2010
Abu Zola Who or what are these names tudor, noetic, davidylnd, osisi
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by ronkeenuf(f): 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2010
Allahu Akbar, May Allah (SWT) forgive him his past sins and make Islam easy for him.

@gombo, if you dont know those names then I must say, welcome to the Islam for Muslim Section of Nairaland. Those people are the ex-family members of Daniel Streich, Alhamdulilah he is no longer with them.
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by muhsin(m): 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2010
ronkeenuf:

Allahu Akbar, May Allah (SWT) forgive him his past sins and make Islam easy for him.

@gombo, if you dont know those names then I must say, welcome to the Islam for Muslim Section of Nairaland. Those people are the ex-family members of Daniel Streich, Alhamdulilah he is no longer with them.

I laughed briefly.

BTW, Nezan too is missing there. Please include him. cool
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by luvola(m): 11:03pm On Feb 03, 2010
muslim can lie o
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by MUNEER2(m): 2:59am On Feb 04, 2010
luvola:

muslim can lie o

He should have included your name, sorry, i think he forgot angry
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 04, 2010
HELLOOO

The man was a muslim before. He decided to announce it now, because he disagreed with his party's position on minarets.

Personally there's something fishy about him imo but dont let me spoil y'all's joy.
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by ronkeenuf(f): 10:15am On Feb 04, 2010
tpia.:

HELLOOO

The man was a muslim before. He decided to announce it now, because he disagreed with his party's position on minarets.

Yeah he was a muslim before, he then spearheaded the movement to ban minarets and then again disagreed with his party's position on banning minarets.
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by luvola(m): 11:03am On Feb 04, 2010
thank u for xposing these islamists @ tpia
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by luvola(m): 11:04am On Feb 04, 2010
thank u for xposing these islamists  @ tpia
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by Lagosboy: 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2010
Like i always say many in their opposition to islam moved closer to the quran and its light illuminated their hearts and were guided to islam. Intelligent people should ponder on why conversion to islam is growing at an alarming rate in the west amidst all the negativities and terror issues. Folks shed your bias and study islam free of all your myopic views perhaps you might be guided.
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by luvola(m): 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2010
may b in another world,i wil convert to islam @ lagos
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by AbuZola3(m): 9:09pm On Feb 04, 2010
You are right mr lagosboy, long time dude
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by Nobody: 1:57am On Feb 05, 2010
ronkeenuf:

Yeah he was a muslim before, he then spearheaded the movement to ban minarets and then again disagreed with his party's position on banning minarets.

well, he's joining a new party now, so you can either draw your own conclusions or continue ululating.
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by muhsin(m): 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2010
Why non-Muslim's hair get arouse whenever they heard of a personage convert to Islam? Wonder o!
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by azeeza(f): 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2010
smiley
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by muhsin(m): 1:16pm On Feb 05, 2010
Don't you notice that, pls?
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by azeeza(f): 1:19pm On Feb 05, 2010
i do bro.juma'a mubarak to you.
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 05, 2010
muhsin:

Why non-Muslim's hair get arouse whenever they heard of a personage convert to Islam? Wonder o!

azeeza:

smiley

muhsin:

Don't you notice that, pls?

azeeza:

i do bro.juma'a mubarak to you.

is this the first time you're hearing of someone converting to Islam?

why are you so disturbed by what i posted?

olabowale and some other ones post regular updates about people they or their friends converted to islam. So what's your point exactly?

are you new to this place?
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by Jairzinho(m): 11:07pm On Feb 05, 2010
. . . the guy(Daniel) dey fear grin grin grin
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by muhsin(m): 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2010
tpia.:

is this the first time you're hearing of someone converting to Islam?

why are you so disturbed by what i posted?

olabowale and some other ones post regular updates about people they or their friends converted to islam. So what's your point exactly?

How disturbed? Wonder o!

are you new to this place?

Don't you have answer to this? I sure know you do. cheesy
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 06, 2010
no I dont wink
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by luvola(m): 10:54pm On Feb 06, 2010
answer d question i posted above @ muslim
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by deols(f): 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2010
tpia.:

HELLOOO

Personally there's something fishy about him imo but dont let me spoil y'all's joy.

Why not state your source
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by muhsin(m): 2:57pm On Feb 08, 2010
Mhn? @ luvola
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by deols(f): 11:45pm On Feb 09, 2010
Abu Zola:

Allahu Akbar, God is Great.

We are looking forward for tudor, noetic, davidylnd, osisi and t truth to follow the path. May Allah guide us aright amin
and i hope Notoatheism comes to say YES to Islam!
Re: Swiss Politician Accepts Islam by luvola(m): 5:22am On Feb 10, 2010
deol ,u better giv yur life to jesus

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? / An-Nikkah: Those Who Did, Those Who Didnt, those with date(Jarus) / The Character And Attributes Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.