Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? (1998 Views)

The Quoran Say's That Israel Belongs To The Jews. True Or False? / Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus / Fulfilled Prophecies Of The Holy Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2012
from the quoran, i understand Adam, Abraham, David etc are prophet.

the question is where are their prophecy from from the quoran.

all biblical prophet have their prophecies written in the bible.

where are your??/
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by LagosShia: 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2012
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2012
LagosShia:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-849924.0.html#msg10002787

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-852158.0.html#msg10024733

where are the prophecies of adam, abraham joseph, david in your koran since you call them prophets.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by LagosShia: 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2012
manmacho:

where are the prophecies of adam, abraham joseph, david in your koran since you call them prophets.

we believe in all prophets of Allah mentioned in the Quran on the account of the truthfulness of the Quran and the prophethood of Muhammad (sa).

some of the prophecies of previous prophets were either actualized by the coming of Muhammad (sa) as you can see here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-772940.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-820160.0.html

some other prophecies let say the return of Jesus were reinstated by Muhammad (sa).and going through the pages of the Quran could show you more of their words either referred to or implied.i could for instance remember of particularly one that really has a strking similarity where mention of David's psalms and a promise/prophecy is stated which also even Jesus repeated (this seem a serious promise):

Psalm 37:29
"The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever".

Matthew 5:5
"Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth".

Holy Quran 21:109
"Before this We wrote in the Psalms after the Message (given to Moses): My servants the righteous shall inherit the earth."

also,we should not expect everything they spoke or are said to have spoken to be contained in the Quran as the Quran is a new revelation for the continuation of God's message on earth:

Holy Quran 2:141
"That is a nation which has passed on. It will have [the consequence of] what it earned, and you will have what you have earned. And you will not be asked about what they used to do".

as for the prophets themselves,here is what we are told:

The Noble Qur'an 2:136
Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allâh and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrâhim (Abraham), Ismâ'il (Ishmael), Ishâque (Isaac), Ya'qûb (Jacob), and to Al-Asbât [the twelve sons of Ya'qûb (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Mûsa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islâm)."

The Noble Qur'an 4:152
And those who believe in Allâh and His Messengers and make no distinction between any of them (Messengers), We shall give them their rewards, and Allâh is Ever Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful.

The Noble Qur'an 3:84
Say (O Muhammad ): "We believe in Allâh and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Ibrâhim (Abraham), Ismâ'il (Ishmael), Ishâque (Isaac), Ya'qûb (Jacob) and Al-Asbât [the twelve sons of Ya'qûb (Jacob)] and what was given to Mûsa (Moses), 'Iesa (Jesus) and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one another among them and to Him (Allâh) we have submitted (in Islâm)."
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2012
LagosShia:

we believe in all prophets of Allah mentioned in the Quran on the account of the truthfulness of the Quran and the prophethood of Muhammad (sa).

some of the prophecies of previous prophets were either actualized by the coming of Muhammad (sa) as you can see here:

some other prophecies let say the return of Jesus were reinstated by Muhammad (sa).and going through the pages of the Quran could show you more of their words either referred to or implied.i could for instance remember of particularly one that really has a strking similarity where mention of David's psalms and a promise/prophecy is stated which also even Jesus repeated (this seem a serious promise):

"Before this We wrote in the Psalms after the Message (given to Moses): My servants the righteous shall inherit the earth."

also,we should not expect everything they spoke or are said to have spoken to be contained in the Quran as the Quran is a new revelation for the continuation of God's message on earth:

"That is a nation which has passed on. It will have [the consequence of] what it earned, and you will have what you have earned. And you will not be asked about what they used to do".

Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allâh and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrâhim (Abraham), Ismâ'il (Ishmael), Ishâque (Isaac), Ya'qûb (Jacob), and to Al-Asbât [the twelve sons of Ya'qûb (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Mûsa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islâm)."

And those who believe in Allâh and His Messengers and make no distinction between any of them (Messengers), We shall give them their rewards, and Allâh is Ever Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Say (O Muhammad ): "We believe in Allâh and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Ibrâhim (Abraham), Ismâ'il (Ishmael), Ishâque (Isaac), Ya'qûb (Jacob) and Al-Asbât [the twelve sons of Ya'qûb (Jacob)] and what was given to Mûsa (Moses), 'Iesa (Jesus) and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one another among them and to Him (Allâh) we have submitted (in Islâm)."

those things that were sent down to them where are they written in your quoran. because before you call anybody a prophet he must have prophesied.

please quote the prophesies of Adam in your quoran for example.

Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 4:11pm On Jan 23, 2012
those things that were sent down to them where are they written in your quoran. because before you call anybody a prophet he must have prophesied.

please quote the prophesies of Adam in your quoran for example.

LagosShia:

Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 4:21pm On Jan 23, 2012
LagosShia:

what other source are you referring to ( FROM THE BOLD). if i get you RIGHT, you are saying islam called them prophet becasue they must have their prophesy IN OTHER BOOK.

PLEASE WHAT OTHER ISLAMIC BOOK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE I AM SURE IS NOT THE BIBLE
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by Sweetnecta: 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^ Lets take the prophesy or prophesies of Joseph as our example. You may also choose a prophet of your choice that Quran has in common with the Bibles.

List the prophesies from the Bibles.        We shall list what the Quran says about whoever you pick.

What is the prophesy of Jesus from the Bibles? I am curious to know them. I am also asking you if you are sure that i will not be able to find a failed biblical prophesy from whatever you list about Jesus?

Let me ask if after the muslims met your challenge and even excelled beyond your expectation, what are you going to do? will you revert to Islam because that should be the logical thing to do?
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by LagosShia: 4:25pm On Jan 23, 2012
i'm listening!
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2012
i am not asking for a contest. i just want answers to what i have asked. please lets start from the answers then we can start talking.

the biblical prophet does not include adam, joseph abraham. i just wonder why islam refer to them as prophet without having any prophesy attached to them.

i may be wrong

Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^ Lets take the prophesy or prophesies of Joseph as our example. You may also choose a prophet of your choice that Quran has in common with the Bibles.

List the prophesies from the Bibles. We shall list what the Quran says about whoever you pick.

What is the prophesy of Jesus from the Bibles? I am curious to know them. I am also asking you if you are sure that i will not be able to find a failed biblical prophesy from whatever you list about Jesus?

Let me ask if after the muslims met your challenge and even excelled beyond your expectation, what are you going to do? will you revert to Islam because that should be the logical thing to do?
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2012
LagosShia:

i'm listening!

you should not be listening but giving me a direct to the questions answers.

thanks
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by LagosShia: 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
Jesus:

“He shall speak to people while still in the cradle, and in manhood, and he shall be from the righteous.” (Quran 3:46)

“I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me the Book and made me a Prophet, and He has made me blessed wherever I may be. And He has enjoined upon me prayers, and to pay the alms, as long as I live and (He has made me) kind to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed. And may Peace be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and on the Day I shall be raised to life.” (Quran 19:30-33)

“I create for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with God’s permission.” (Quran 3:49)

“I also heal the blind and the leper.” (Quran 3:49)

“…and I bring to life the dead, by the permission of God.” (Quran 3:49)

“I inform you too of what things you eat, and what you store up in your houses. Surely in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.” (Quran 3:49)

“Surely in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.” (Quran 3:49)
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2012
LagosShia:

Jesus:

“He shall speak to people while still in the cradle, and in manhood, and he shall be from the righteous.” (Quran 3:46)

“I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me the Book and made me a Prophet, and He has made me blessed wherever I may be. And He has enjoined upon me prayers, and to pay the alms, as long as I live and (He has made me) kind to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed. And may Peace be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and on the Day I shall be raised to life.” (Quran 19:30-33)

“I create for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with God’s permission.” (Quran 3:49)

“I inform you too of what things you eat, and what you store up in your houses. Surely in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.” (Quran 3:49)

“Surely in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.” (Quran 3:49)

your response is very extraneous. i no you no the meaning of prophet. they foretell what is to come. what things to come did all your prophet that i have mentioned above give.

come on you can do better than just post a statement when i ask for propehsy.

you are yet to explain what you mean by other sources (also,we should not expect everything they spoke or are said to have spoken to be contained in the Quran as the Quran is a new revelation for the continuation of God's message on earth:
Holy Quran 2:141)
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by LagosShia: 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2012
What prophets are named in the Qur'an?:
There are 25 prophets mentioned by name in the Qur'an, although Muslims believe that there were many more in different times and places. Among the prophets that Muslims honor are:

•Adam
•Idris (Enoch)
•Nuh (Noah)
•Hud
•Saleh
•Ibrahim (Abraham)
•Isma'il (Ishmael)
•Ishaq (Isaac)
•Lut (Lot)
•Ya'qub (Jacob)
•Yousef (Joseph)
•Shu'aib
•Ayyub (Job)
•Musa (Moses)
•Harun (Aaron)
•Dhu'l-kifl (Ezekiel)
•Dawud (David)
•Sulaiman (Solomon)
•Ilias (Elias)
•Al-Yasa (Elisha)
•Yunus (Jonah)
•Zakariyya (Zechariah)
•Yahya (John)
•'Isa (Jesus)
•Muhammad

Quranic Verses Speaking On The 25 Prophets Mentioned in the Holy Qura:

Qur'an 4:163-165
163 Lo! We inspire thee (Muhammad) as We inspired Noah and the prophets after him, as We inspired Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and Jesus and Job and Jonah and Aaron and Solomon, and as we imparted unto David the Psalms;
164 And messengers We have mentioned unto thee before and messengers We have not mentioned unto thee; and Allah spake directly unto Moses;
165 Messengers of good cheer and off warning, in order that mankind might have no argument against Allah after the messengers. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise.

Qur'an 6:84-86
84 And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob; each of them We guided; and Noah did We guide aforetime; and of his seed (We guided) David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good.
85 And Zachariah and John and Jesus and Elias. Each one (of them) was of the righteous.
86 And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot. Each one of them did We prefer above (Our) creatures,

Qur'an 21:85-88
85 And (mention) Ishmael, and Idris (Enoch), and Dhul-Kifl (Ezekiel). All were of the steadfast.
86 And We brought them in unto Our mercy. Lo! they are among the righteous.
87 And (mention) Dhun Nun (Jonah), when he went off in anger and deemed that We had no power over him, but he cried out in the darkness, saying: There is no God save Thee. Be Thou glorified! I have been a wrong-doer.
88 Then We heard his prayer and saved him from the anguish. Thus We save believers.

Qur'an 7:73
And to (the tribe of) Thamud (We sent) their brother Salih. He said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other God save Him. A wonder from your Lord hath come unto you. Lo! this is the camel of Allah, a token unto you; so let her feed in Allah's earth, and touch her not with hurt lest painful torment seize you.

Qur'an 26:123-125
123 (The tribe of) Aad denied the messengers (of Allah),
124 When their brother Hud said unto them: Will ye not ward off (evil)?
125 Lo! I am a faithful messenger unto you,

Qur'an 7:85
To the Madyan people We sent Shu'aib one of their own brethren: he said: "O my people! worship Allah; Ye have no other god but Him. Now hath come unto you a clear (sign) from your Lord! Give just measure and weight nor withhold from the people the things that are their due; and do no mischief on the earth after it has been set in order: that will be best for you if ye have faith.

Qur'an 21:107
And We did not send you (O Muhammad) except as a Mercy to the worlds.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by LagosShia: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2012
manmacho:

your response is very extraneous. i no you no the meaning of prophet. they foretell what is to come. what things to come did all your prophet that i have mentioned above give.

come on you can do better than just post a statement when i ask for propehsy.

you are yet to explain what you mean by other sources (also,we should not expect everything they spoke or are said to have spoken to be contained in the Quran as the Quran is a new revelation for the continuation of God's message on earth:
Holy Quran 2:141)

those prophets made prophecies in their time to their repective peoples.both the miracles and prophecies, and the prophets themselves are dead and buried.they bear no mark on us.the living miracle today is the Quranc which contains prophecies that have come to pass and others yet to pass.those past prophets we believe in them based the merit of the Quran and the stories of their lives in it.

How do Muslims honor the prophets?:
Muslims read about, learn from, and respect all of the prophets. Many Muslims name their children after them. In addition, when mentioning the name of any of God's prophets, a Muslim adds these words of blessing and respect: "upon him be peace" (alayhi salaam in Arabic).

we muslims are referred to as "the ummah of Muhammad" or the "nation of Muhammad".other prophets were sent toi their respective peoples too.you should perhaps ask their peoples to tell you what prophecies made them to believe in them.we muslims believe in them based on the truthfulness of Muhammad (sA) and the Quran.their stories are signs for us to ponder upon.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2012
LagosShia:

[b]those prophets made prophecies in their time to their repective peoples.both the miracles and prophecies, and the prophets themselves are dead and buried.they bear no mark on us.[/b]the living miracle today is the Quranc which contains prophecies that have come to pass and others yet to pass.those past prophets we believe in them based the merit of the Quran and the stories of their lives in it.

How do Muslims honor the prophets?:
Muslims read about, learn from, and respect all of the prophets. Many Muslims name their children after them. In addition, when mentioning the name of any of God's prophets, a Muslim adds these words of blessing and respect: "upon him be peace" (alayhi salaam in Arabic).

we muslims are referred to as "the ummah of Muhammad" or the "nation of Muhammad".other prophets were sent toi their respective peoples too.you should perhaps ask their peoples to tell you what prophecies made them to believe in them.we muslims believe in them based on the truthfulness of Muhammad (sA) and the Quran.their stories are signs for us to ponder upon.

are you saying koran does not attribute any prophesy to the list you have given. they are merely called prophet because Muhammad (SA) said so.

the bolded what do you mean; islam does not have record of their porphesies. whao.

all the questions have asked about what you have said are yet to be answered.

thanks for the responses though

am not yet convinced.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 5:33pm On Jan 23, 2012
THE PROPHECY OF THIS PROPHET SHOULD NOT BE HARD TO FIND WHERE ARE THEY IN THE KORAN

NOTE BUT; PROPHECY SAYS SOMETHING OF GOD ABOUT THE FUTURE WHICH MUST COME TO PAST.

WHERE ARE THE PROPHESIES OF THE PROPHET TELLING US ABOUT WHAT IS COME COME THAT WE CAN POINT TO TODAY
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by LagosShia: 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
manmacho:

THE PROPHECY OF THIS PROPHET SHOULD NOT BE HARD TO FIND WHERE ARE THEY IN THE KORAN

NOTE BUT; PROPHECY SAYS SOMETHING OF GOD ABOUT THE FUTURE WHICH MUST COME TO PAST.

WHERE ARE THE PROPHESIES OF THE PROPHET TELLING US ABOUT WHAT IS COME COME THAT WE CAN POINT TO TODAY

this is the time of MUHAMMAD (sa),the Comforter who shall abide with us forever according to Jesus (as) .the Quran which contains prophecies,miracles,news of the unseen past and future and knowledge is the living proof that breaths.

all the past ones are buried in their graves with their prophecies.may God's peace and blessings be upon them.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by Sweetnecta: 5:45pm On Jan 23, 2012
@manmacho: « #9 on: Today at 04:30:08 PM »
[Quote]i am not asking for a contest. i just want answers to what i have asked. please lets start from the answers then we can start talking.[/Quote]We are not competing with you and our answers can only go so far as to those we say they are prophets and you believe that they are prophets, too. if we all agree that John was a prophet, since Jesus said John was the greatest prophet from the children of Israel, you may have to show us his biblical prophesy and then we give you what Quran says about him. Then we have critical look at each.

[Quote]the biblical prophet does not include adam, joseph abraham. i just wonder why islam refer to them as prophet without having any prophesy attached to them.[/Quote]Let me take Joseph as an easy example and give you his prophesies; 1}. He said 11 stars and the moon and sun bowed to him. His father Jacob knew what he meant and Jacob prophesied in that very conversation that his brothers were his enemies. We read that his brothers lied to their father and at the end of the day got rid of Joseph, selling him to egypt, the very place he will have the fulfillment of his bowing down to him. His father knew that his sons were not since with him so he said patience is good. At long last Joseph prophesied to the two prisoners. And in turn later prophesied to the king and in turn his being a honored man people must bow to became a reality the only way his father [a prophet] even bowed to him, without worshiping him, fulfilling the dream with prophetic message. What is remaining today for us all as people from what makes up prophetic office is true dreams, while revelations in form of books, etc ended with Muhammad [as], the last of the prophets.

[Quote]i may be wrong[/Quote]The above contains many prophesies and all of them came to pass. Jesus prophesied about a comforter after him who God will speak to. Who will hear what God speaks. Then transfer that to man without Adding or deducing from it. He will not use his own words, but whatever he hears he shall speaks. He will correct the people. He will remind them of what Jesus said that is true. And he will correct people of any lies they tell about God, Angels, Prophets, including Jesus.  He will give the absolute information of guidance to people because Jesus didnt. He will glorify Jesus in proper and accurate measure. He will abide by man spiritually, what he brings from God will dwell in the hearts of believers forever. I say this prophesy of Jesus was Muhammad [as], as Jesus mentioned him as Ahmad in the 6th verse of Chapter As Saffat of the Quran.

However, I want you to show us from the Bibles, considering the full description of the another comforter whether it was fulfilled in the Bibles. We must advise you that Jesus said he will return so quickly that some of the disciples will still be alive. That was over 2000 years ago, while Muhammad [as] came to fulfill the prophesy only 610 years, a ration that is today between 1/3 and 1/4 of how long Jesus has not fulfilled his returning prophesied so long ago. To God even 50000 years is a mere Day. Consider 610 years which is within 1 HOUR. thats how quickly Muhammad [as] came after Jesus.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by Sweetnecta: 5:51pm On Jan 23, 2012
@Manmacho: « #16 on: Today at 05:33:32 PM »
[Quote]THE PROPHECY OF THIS PROPHET SHOULD NOT BE HARD TO FIND WHERE ARE THEY IN THE KORAN

WHERE ARE THE PROPHESIES OF THE PROPHET TELLING US ABOUT WHAT IS COME COME THAT WE CAN POINT TO TODAY[/Quote]The christians claim that Jesus was prophesied by earlier prophets. If the truth lies in what we can see today, then the idea that Jesus was prophesied by previous prophets before him is not true, because we can see Jesus, today. Or where is Jesus walking down the street, today?
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jan 24, 2012
2 muslims and none can answer manmacho's simple ques? grin
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by Sweetnecta: 7:37am On Jan 24, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^ this dude has no mind. if he has he would have seen my provision of the prophesies of Joseph, under it i gave prophesies of Jacob all the way till Jacob settled in egypt.

then i challenged manmacho to provide me with the prophesy of John the baptist in a way, but specifically the prophesies of Prophet Jesus. since your mind is dead, below are the prophesies of Joseph, then that of Jacob intertwining in there:

Let me take Joseph as an easy example and give you his prophesies; 1}. He said 11 stars and the moon and sun bowed to him. His father Jacob knew what he meant and Jacob prophesied in that very conversation that his brothers were his enemies.

We read that his brothers lied to their father and at the end of the day got rid of Joseph, selling him to egypt, the very place he will have the fulfillment of his bowing down to him.

His father knew that his sons were not sincere with him so he said patience is good.
At long last Joseph prophesied to the two prisoners.
And in turn later prophesied to the king and in turn his being a honored man people must bow to became a reality the only way his father [a prophet] even bowed to him, without worshiping him, fulfilling the dream with prophetic message.

What is remaining today for us all as people from what makes up prophetic office is true dreams, while revelations in form of books, etc ended with Muhammad [as], the last of the prophets.

The above contains many prophesies and all of them came to pass.

Jesus prophesied about a comforter after him who God will speak to. Who will hear what God speaks. Then transfer that to man without Adding or deducing from it. He will not use his own words, but whatever he hears he shall speaks.

He will correct the people. He will remind them of what Jesus said that is true. And he will correct people of any lies they tell about God, Angels, Prophets, including Jesus etc, etc and many other things.

He will give the absolute information of complete guidance to people because Jesus didnt. He will glorify Jesus in proper and in accurate measures. He will abide forever with man spiritually, what he brings from God will dwell in the hearts of believers forever. I say this prophesy of Jesus was about Muhammad [as], as Jesus mentioned him as Ahmad in the 6th verse of Chapter As Saffat of the Quran.

However, I want you to show us from the Bibles, considering the full description of the another comforter whether it was fulfilled in the Bibles. We must advise you that Jesus said he will return so quickly that some of the disciples will still be alive. That was over 2000 years ago, while Muhammad [as] came to fulfill the prophesy only 610 years, a ration that is today between 1/3 and 1/4 of how long Jesus has not fulfilled his returning prophesied so long ago. To God even 50000 years is a mere Day. Consider 610 years which is within 1 HOUR. thats how quickly Muhammad [as] came after Jesus.

could you list the prophesy of any prophet for us in the bible and give us proof of the fulfillment of the prophesy? then we shall go to the Quran and give you a better statement in prophesy of the prophet.

You can use Noah, Abraham, John, Jesus or any of them Quran mentioned. your choice. But i wonder what is the essence of this if you will not gain the reward of knowledge by it? Action is the reward of knowledge. Knowledge unused is no knowledge.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 9:37am On Jan 24, 2012
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^ this dude has no mind. if he has he would have seen my provision of the prophesies of Joseph, under it i gave prophesies of Jacob all the way till Jacob settled in egypt.

then i challenged manmacho to provide me with the prophesy of John the baptist in a way, but specifically the prophesies of Prophet Jesus. since your mind is dead, below are the prophesies of Joseph, then that of Jacob intertwining in there:

Let me take Joseph as an easy example and give you his prophesies; 1}. He said 11 stars and the moon and sun bowed to him. His father Jacob knew what he meant and Jacob prophesied in that very conversation that his brothers were his enemies.

We read that his brothers lied to their father and at the end of the day got rid of Joseph, selling him to egypt, the very place he will have the fulfillment of his bowing down to him.

His father knew that his sons were not sincere with him so he said patience is good.
At long last Joseph prophesied to the two prisoners.
And in turn later prophesied to the king and in turn his being a honored man people must bow to became a reality the only way his father [a prophet] even bowed to him, without worshiping him, fulfilling the dream with prophetic message.

What is remaining today for us all as people from what makes up prophetic office is true dreams, while revelations in form of books, etc ended with Muhammad [as], the last of the prophets.

The above contains many prophesies and all of them came to pass.

Jesus prophesied about a comforter after him who God will speak to. Who will hear what God speaks. Then transfer that to man without Adding or deducing from it. He will not use his own words, but whatever he hears he shall speaks.

He will correct the people. He will remind them of what Jesus said that is true. And he will correct people of any lies they tell about God, Angels, Prophets, including Jesus etc, etc and many other things.

He will give the absolute information of complete guidance to people because Jesus didnt. He will glorify Jesus in proper and in accurate measures. He will abide forever with man spiritually, what he brings from God will dwell in the hearts of believers forever. I say this prophesy of Jesus was about Muhammad [as], as Jesus mentioned him as Ahmad in the 6th verse of Chapter As Saffat of the Quran.

could you list the prophesy of any prophet for us in the bible and give us proof of the fulfillment of the prophesy? then we shall go to the Quran and give you a better statement in prophesy of the prophet.

You can use Noah, Abraham, John, Jesus or any of them Quran mentioned. your choice. But i wonder what is the essence of this if you will not gain the reward of knowledge by it? Action is the reward of knowledge. Knowledge unused is no knowledge.

please lets not get excited at least have not said anything inciting.

thanks for your response anyways

but, you will agree with me that you are yet to show me from your quoran what made list i gave a prophet. please stop quoting from the bible i need prophesies from the aforemention from your quoran.

point of REAL correction Joseph was never a prophet at least not from the bible. that he had a dream does not make him a prophet remember pharoah and the king of babylon had dreams i had dreams too this does not make us a prophet you will agree.

John was a prophet, he spoke clearly about the coming of the lord. prophet are God's mouth piece they speak is counsel now and about what is to come. all biblical prophet fall into this categories. Ishiah Jeremiah are examples that comes to mind.

PLEASE WHERE IN THE QUORAN DID YOUR PROPHET PROPHESIED WHERE ARE THERE PROPHESIES LET US SEE THEM AND STOP QUOTING FROM THE BIBLE GIVE SAMPLE FROM THE QUORAN.

THIS OR NOTHING.

THANKS
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by Macavelius(m): 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2012
I still don't understand why our moslem friends always like to use the bible when questions are asked based on their religion.
Could you please try as much to pick up references from your quran, it will help those people who are in doubt.

I never read that Mohammed is the comforter Jesus prophesied He will send.
By the way, if for argument sake Mohammed is the comforter, then this world will be a much better place than it is now - especially in Moslem dominated countries.

Another thing, most of the names that were claimed to be muslim prophets, were actually human beings like us, but their stories just make a stand out for our learning.

What about prophets like Elijah, Elisha, Daniel, Jeremiah and others, please show us their prophesies from the quran.

Much appreciated.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by Judek2(m): 11:04pm On Jan 24, 2012
The only Prophet in the Koran is Mohammad. .
Without the Bible,he wont even know who Ishmeal was. lipsrsealed
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by Judek2(m): 12:36am On Jan 25, 2012
LagosShia:

this is the time of MUHAMMAD (sa),the Comforter who shall abide with us forever according to Jesus (as) .

You once claimed that "the Spirit of truth was Mohammad" then due so much pressure (by me,and co cheesy ) that mohammad was neither a spirit,nor did he abide forever because he has died,
you claimed it is "the Koran." and now,it is Mohammad again.
you are such an entertainer grin grin

the Quran which contains prophecies,miracles,news of the unseen past and future and knowledge is the living proof that breaths.

What and what? Past,unseen and future.
Dont give that "Sea of Fire o" smiley

all the past ones are buried in their graves with their prophecies.[/b]may God's peace and blessings be upon them.

This your prayer sef,what peace and blessings again are you asking God for saints?
Anyway, Amen. cool

but their prophesies were fulfilled,
they were not burried with them, cos it prove it to be just a vain speech,or ranting.

[/quote][quote author=LagosShia link=topic=852856.msg10030042#msg10030042 date=1327333200]
[b]Jesus:

I once thought that it was Jesus speaking from Mary's womb, I later understood that the voice was actually from under the PALM TREE. This verse still dey crack my Jaw grin grin grin .
You can prove me wrong on where the voice was from,and my "PALM TREE" quote tongue tongue cheesy

2) Did Jesus die?
according to your Koran and many comments, he was taken by Allah alive,while they were plotting to kill him.
So the prophesy is false. shocked

Now,this is a typical copy from the Bible smiley, the day I die and the day I shall be raised to life meaning his death and ressurection which Mohammad always objected.

“I create for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with God’s permission.”[/b] (Quran 3:49)

Jesus made the birds. . May God be praised.

It is known that God created all things, this verse tells us that God created Birds through Jesus,and indeed by Jesus breath, Which proves him as a living creator. Amen. cool

Cool. smiley smiley .Thats my Lord speaking.

Glory be to God, Halleiuyah. JESUS works with God. Yes indeed,he gives life to the dead cool

But when, where?
That, he did not do,
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by Sweetnecta: 12:38am On Jan 25, 2012
@manmacho: [Quote]but, you will agree with me that you are yet to show me from your quoran what made list i gave a prophet.[/Quote]Are you okay, because the bold is unclear?

[Quote] please stop quoting from the bible i need prophesies from the aforemention from your quoran.[/Quote]I guess you need to know what constitute a prophet from the Quran? It is those who among male gender among humans that Allah give mission of leadership, message to guide community of people. Noah was a messenger [as]. He was told to lead his people away from idolatry, the greatest sin and the one that led to their ruin. He preached and told his people that they were cultivating disaster. At length he prayer to God to ruin them without leaving a single doer alive among them. It happened.
We have Prophet Salih, Prophet Hud, Prophet Shuib [as] who are not in your Bible.
Prophet Muhammad [as] is not in your Bible and said that you will hate muslims. you didnt disappoint us.

[Quote]point of REAL correction Joseph was never a prophet at least not from the bible. that he had a dream does not make him a prophet remember pharoah and the king of babylon had dreams i had dreams too this does not make us a prophet you will agree.[/Quote]My classification of a person as a prophet is not based on your bibles. The difference between the dreams of prophet of God and those who are not was that each dream of the prophet was a revelation and must be true and thats what prophesy is while dreams of ordinary people may or may not be true. If you notice, everything that Joseph said  was correct, at least from the Quran since i will completely ignore the Bibles here because you said thats the way to go and i personally believe that since there are many Bibles, I do not want to use the fake bible, unless you can tell me which bible is real and we shall both throw the rest in Osa or if you wish, the Okun.

[Quote]John was a prophet, he spoke clearly about the coming of the lord.[/Quote]Which Lord? You are not talking about prophet Jesus who Prophet John disagreed with on who Prophet John was? Read your Bible and see how defeated you are.

[Quote] prophet are God's mouth piece they speak is counsel now and about what is to come.[/Quote]So you are saying John being God's mouth he spoke about God coming to earth? Ridiculous. Jesus was a prophet. he must have been God's mouth just the same, even saying John was the greatest prophet for israel, beating Moses hands down. Now tell me from your Bible what was the prophesy of Moses and what was the prophesy of Jesus?

[Quote] all biblical prophet fall into this categories. Ishiah Jeremiah are examples that comes to mind.[/Quote]And Isiah spoke without mentioning a name of the man called Jesus. And jeremiah said that OT is corrupt. Did they lie?

[Quote]PLEASE WHERE IN THE QUORAN DID YOUR PROPHET PROPHESIED WHERE ARE THERE PROPHESIES LET US SEE THEM AND STOP QUOTING FROM THE BIBLE GIVE SAMPLE FROM THE QUORAN.[/Quote]Did I quote from the Bible when I said the Quran says you will hate Muslims and we will grow in spite of your hating us? Islam dominated Persia and it will take over Europe, if you live long to see it.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 7:53am On Jan 25, 2012
SINCE YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MENTION A SINGLE PROPET'S PROPHESY FROM YOUR QUORAN QUALIFYING ADAM JOSEPH AND THE LIKE IN YOUR QUORAN.

I WONDER WHY ISLAM CALL THIS ONES PROPHETS

MOSES WAS NEVER CALLED A PROPHET IN THE BIBLE AT LEAST HE DID NOT OPERATE IN THE OFFICE OF A PROPHET.

MY DEAR YOU DON'T HAVE ANY ARGUMENT IF YOU CAN NOT POINT A PROPHECY TO ME IN YOUR QUORAN.

I AM STILL WAITING. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I CAN START DEBUNKING ALL OF THE LIES YOU ARE QUOTING FROM THE BIBLE.

THANKS.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by LagosShia: 12:02pm On Jan 25, 2012
manmacho:

SINCE YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MENTION A SINGLE PROPET'S PROPHESY FROM YOUR QUORAN QUALIFYING ADAM JOSEPH AND THE LIKE IN YOUR QUORAN.

I WONDER WHY ISLAM CALL THIS ONES PROPHETS

MOSES WAS NEVER CALLED A PROPHET IN THE BIBLE AT LEAST HE DID NOT OPERATE IN THE OFFICE OF A PROPHET.

MY DEAR YOU DON'T HAVE ANY ARGUMENT IF YOU CAN NOT POINT A PROPHECY TO ME IN YOUR QUORAN.

I AM STILL WAITING. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I CAN START DEBUNKING ALL OF THE LIES YOU ARE QUOTING FROM THE BIBLE.

THANKS.

you have being given prophecies that were reported to have being made by past prophets and which came true.those prophets are passed and gone.based on the truthfulness of Muhammad (sa) and his prophethood under its umbrella we are up to this day,we believe in the message of Muhammad (sa),thus we are muslims and not "christians" or "jacobians" or "jews"/"judeans".

if you are looking for each prophet to have prophecies on his own,then you are seeking to dictate what should be in the Quran.you are not only lost but mischievous.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2012
LagosShia:

you have being given prophecies that were reported to have being made by past prophets and which came true.those prophets are passed and gone.based on the truthfulness of Muhammad (sa) and his prophethood under its umbrella we are up to this day,we believe in the message of Muhammad (sa),thus we are muslims and not "christians" or "jacobians" or "jews"/"judeans".

if you are looking for each prophet to have prophecies on his own,then you are seeking to dictate what should be in the Quran.you are not only lost but mischievous.

can you please give me the thread where you gave me this prophesies from each of your prophet. because for this propheies to have been fulfilled means it must have been written somewhere for us to see that they have been fulfilled

PLEASE AGAIN WHERE ARE THEY.

I CAN NEVER BE LOST MY STEP ARE ORDERED BY GOD.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by manmacho: 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2012
LagosShia:

FROM THE BOLD, ARE YOU SAYING YOU DON'T HAVE THIS PROPHESIES IN THE QUORAN. MEANS THEY WERE CALLED PROPHET BASED ON HEARSAY.

PLEASE CLARIFY AT LEAST WE ARE NOW HEADING SOMEWHERE.
Re: Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? by LagosShia: 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
manmacho:

FROM THE BOLD, ARE YOU SAYING YOU DON'T HAVE THIS PROPHESIES IN THE QUORAN. MEANS THEY WERE CALLED PROPHET BASED ON HEARSAY.

PLEASE CLARIFY AT LEAST WE ARE NOW HEADING SOMEWHERE.

you dont have a brain to reason.the Quran is filled with the stories and wonders of past prophets.take for example Moses (as) stories which make close to a third of Quranic narrations:

"We revealed to Moses' mother, "Suckle him and then when you fear for him cast him into the sea. Do not fear or grieve; We will return him to you and make him one of the Messengers." (Surat al-Qasas: 7)

[b]"When We revealed to your mother: "Place him into the chest and throw it into the sea and the sea will wash it up on the shore, where an enemy of Mine and his will pick it up, " (Surah Ta-Ha: 38-39)

The family of Pharaoh picked him up so that he might be an enemy and a source of grief to them. Certainly Pharaoh and Haman and their troops were in the wrong. The wife of Pharaoh said, "A source of delight for me and for you; do not kill him. It may well be that he will be of use to us or perhaps we could adopt him as a son." They were not aware. (Surat al-Qasas: 8-9)

"Go after him." And she kept an eye on him from afar and they were not aware. We first made him refuse all wet-nurses, so she (Moses' sister) said, "Shall I show you to a household who will feed him for you and be good to him?"
That is how We returned him to his mother so that she might delight her eyes and feel no grief and so that she would know that Allah's promise is true. But most of them do not know this. (Surat al-Qasas: 10-13)
[/b]

now,if all that is not enough for you or they are too complex for you to comprehend,then i can authoritatively tell you as a muslim and you can quote me anywhere with pride,that i said Muhammad (sa) said and we believe whatever he said.why?because we are convinced by the mighty messenger Muhammad (sa) is,so all he told us we just have to say we believe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An-Nikkah: Those Who Did, Those Who Didnt, those with date(Jarus) / The Character And Attributes Of God / Why Do We Keep On Denying (terrorism)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.