Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

UK: The Original 419 Nation? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK: The Original 419 Nation? (638 Views)

Poor Uk. The British Justice System Is a Joke. My Opinion. / The UK's Channel 4 Programme On 419 / South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UK: The Original 419 Nation? by otawa: 2:12pm On Feb 02, 2010
Tony Blair's cabinet was "misled" into thinking the war with Iraq was legal, ex-International Development Secretary Clare Short has told the UK's inquiry.

Ms Short said that, after the failure to secure a second UN resolution, the government had put out "untrue" claims that France had vetoed it.

But she added that "I believed them at the time. You don't want to disbelieve your prime minister in the run-up to war and you want to believe the leader of your party. You want to be loyal".

Asked why she did not resign earlier, like her cabinet colleague Robin Cook, Ms Short said: "I was conned."

But Ms Short told the inquiry Mr Blair's evidence was "historically inaccurate", adding: "There was no evidence of any kind of an escalation of threats."

She also said: "We could have gone more slowly and carefully and not have had a totally destabilised and angry Iraq."

Questions, why is Blair and Bush going to get hanged for the calamity in Iraqi??
Re: UK: The Original 419 Nation? by ElRazur: 9:29am On Feb 03, 2010
You do realise those are personal opinions? She left the government and as a result, one can argue that she is a bitter ex-cabinet member or something.

Anyway, it is clear there are a few inconsistencies leading to the war. The question is was any law ever broken? I personally think international law maybe? Whatever the case, I do not think this enquiry is about taking anyone to court, other than for us to learn from it and make sure inconsistencies, et al are ruled out.

The reasons given by brown and blair are not convincing enough in my book. But do not forget that part of the public enquiry are not made public so we will never know.

As to how these make UK a 419 nation is baffling. Lies, inconsistencies etc are what drives politics. I suggest you look at home first. lOl.

(1) (Reply)

Venezuela’s Chavez Calls For Internet Controls / Interesting History Nugget / Bin Laden Threatens Us In New Audio Tape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.