Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' (42278 Views)

Biscuit Bone VS Brisket Bone / Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? / Its Brisket Bone Not Biscuit Bone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by iamdapsyj(m): 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
Cinderella5:
Op is unteachable. While you were busy defining brisket, did you bother to look up brisket bone? Check the dictionary if there is anything like biscuit bone. You will only see biscuit made in the shape of a bone .

A brisket bone is a soft chewable bone.The image below is beef brisket bone. Nothing like biscuit bone. Op is half smart.

This goes to confirm to you how people are lazy when it comes to education. I don't understand the result(s) the op is getting via the internet as regards brisket bones. perhaps, he didn't interpret it well and it such a shame he is still confusing a whole bunch. SMH

3 Likes

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by iamdapsyj(m): 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
SeniorZato:
I just go form Don jazzy for my wife say na brisket bone not biscuit bone

you are correct sir, let no one confuse you.

1 Like

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Cinderella5(f): 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
Decale:

No dear. You are the one wrong

A brisket is a muscle. The bones beneath this brisket are your sternum and ribs. Now, what makes the bone soft when you cut off a brisket is the ensiform cartilage and other cartilages present around the sternum and ribs.

Every bone has its own name. In this case, sternum or ribs. What gives it the soft chew is the cartilage.

It also applies to humans. If the biceps muscle was stripped with a soft bone, it wouldn't be called biceps bone.

Both brisket bone and biscuit bone are "nicknames" for the bone beneath the muscle, Brisket.

Your post is in the first page and people reading it will get influenced with your false statements and directly attack the poster who's technically correct. It's already happened. The least you can do is to edit your post and prevent further ignorance

Cheers
from what you have said, it's more correct to call it brisket bone, biscuit bone is a corruption of brisket bone.
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Cinderella5(f): 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
femi4:
You are wrong, Brisket bones can only be found at the Brisket while the "Biscuit bones" are present in every part of the cattle
who told you that thing present in every part of cattle is biscuit bone? Pls show proof. Biscuit bone is an illness.
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by femi4: 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
SecondEva:
the term goes with every other bone which is structured like the brisket bone, it's like cartilage.
wrong, cartilages around ribs, chucks, legs etc are not Brisket bones
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
femi4:
wrong, cartilages around ribs, chucks, legs etc are not Brisket bones
people who call it biscuit bone derived the name from brisket bone. You know the way we change things from jingle over to jangilover and from standard living to sandalili

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by femi4: 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
Cinderella5:
who told you that thing present in every part of cattle is biscuit bone? Pls show proof. Biscuit bone is an illness.
Don't you get it......Cartilages and bones can be found on different part of the cattle. Brisket is just a part and the cartilage located in this part are called Brisket bones.

The cartilages at other parts are not Brisket

2 Likes

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by LLSAINT(m): 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
Please do not generalise gullibility as being Nigerian. Afterall, it is a Nigerian that made the correction. We are all learning!
Caustics:
thank you ma. nigerians are so gullible. I was just shaking my head throughout yesterday. Any tom, dick and harry can post rubbish on social media just because phones are cheap now.
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by gozzlin: 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
Cinderella5:
Op is unteachable. While you were busy defining brisket, did you bother to look up brisket bone? Check the dictionary if there is anything like biscuit bone. You will only see biscuit made in the shape of a bone . The other known biscuit bone is a form of sickness.

A brisket bone is a soft chewable bone.The image below is beef brisket bone. Biscuit bone is a corrupted version of brisket bone, Op is half smart.

Hi five babes. The Op is surely the one smart by half.
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by femi4: 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
SecondEva:
people who call it biscuit bone derived the name from brisket bone. You know the way we change things from jingle over to jangilover and from standard living to sandalili
That's another lie......People just sit somewhere and cook up story.

"Standard living" has nothing to do with that song

The song is about Introducing yourself, what you do or your occupation

I m a farmer in my country

Some of you know me well

If you look me up and down....you will know that its true(from his dressing)

How does that relate to standard living?
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2017
YourWife:

And so I had a cut of the bones of the leg of a cow, I mean the joint-end of the bone that is spongy with red marrow that is soft and chewable when cooked... Will I also call it Brisket bone?

yep or joint (bone) cartilage, as easy as that.

or you know what call it BISCUIT BONE, since America, British,Australia etc have their own version of English, we Nigerians should be allowed to have ours too, hence y'all can call it biscuit bone.

(problem solved)
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by practicalclass: 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
Cinderella5:
Op is unteachable. While you were busy defining brisket, did you bother to look up brisket bone? Check the dictionary if there is anything like biscuit bone. You will only see biscuit made in the shape of a bone . The other known biscuit bone is a form of sickness.

A brisket bone is a soft chewable bone.The image below is beef brisket bone. Biscuit bone is a corrupted version of brisket bone, Op is half smart.

Thank u o. This is the first sound post i saw following Op's thread opening post. Op did not bother checking if their is anything like Biscuit bone, plus is explanation of brisket bone even fits as the correct nomenclature. Biscuit bone is used for an abnormally brittle bone in a person or biscuit bone (a form of dog snacks). Nigerians pls take to correction. Hian!

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Mike008(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2017
LOL. Indeed we learn everyday.
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by styless(f): 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Revolva(m): 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
;Dcoconut bone
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Decale: 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
Cinderella5:
from what you have said, it's more correct to call it brisket bone, biscuit bone is a corruption of brisket bone.

It seems more correct but both are just nicknames after all is written and done.

Any can go for the fun of it but both are wrong if you're on a debate
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by olowobaba10: 2:47pm On Jul 12, 2017
I STAND WITH YOU, I EVEN MENTIONED THAT IN THE CORRECTION I POSTED TO THE POSTER OF THAT CRAP IF HE CARES

Ishilove:
This has been trending online. https://www.nairaland.com/3915145/brisket-bone-not-biscuit-bone

In the age of the internet, it seems many humans have intellectually regressed instead of the other way around. Someone who knows the value of the internet used it properly and corrected the recent falsehood.

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Ralphdan(m): 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2017
OP repent and free your mind so you can learn it's brisket bone not biscuit bone

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ishilove:
This has been trending online. https://www.nairaland.com/3915145/brisket-bone-not-biscuit-bone

In the age of the internet, it seems many humans have intellectually regressed instead of the other way around. Someone who knows the value of the internet used it properly and corrected the recent falsehood.

Mr an stop spreading falsehood joor.

Biscuit Bone is a medical condition.

Brisket is a part of meat cut from around the rib cage, it is usually laved with soft cartilage(bone).

A part of meat that has cartilage on it is brisket bone.

2 Likes

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by ibkayee(f): 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2017
daylyt:

How are you na?
Not bad thanks, hope you're well
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
shevon:
Honestly, whoever put up that article needs to be... Let me reserve my comment regarding that.
The person accusing people of not using the internet is him/herself not doing same. His article and all the definition in it is talking about Brisket (sic meat) and didn't say anything about bones.
If he/she had done a simple search of Biscuit Bone on the internet, they would have realised that biscuit bone is actually biscuits in the shape of bones specially done for dogs, save for a few Nigerian sites with pictures of beef (lol...)

Bros abeg no mind dem, pls give me that biscuit bone that looks like shortbread make I chop....
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
ibkayee:

Not bad thanks, hope you're well

I'm ok smiley

1 Like

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by MRSANITY(m): 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
verygudbadguy:
cheesy
Linda Ikeji needs to employ some hands to review/verify her posts. Imagine posting "Brisket and not Biscuit" yesterday just to wake up today to find out that it is actually biscuit and not brisket.

Very funny.. I am sure some LIB-Nairalanders would go and drag her for that post.
Linda ikeji is correct, the op is drunk.
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by shevon: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Bros abeg no mind dem, pls give me that biscuit bone that looks like shortbread make I chop....
grin

2 Likes

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Toks2008(m): 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ishilove:

Thanks Ishibabe.

This is why i always say a million people can be wrong and just one person who dares to see things objectively might just be the right one..better put,majority are not always right.

That was how one moderator with a new ID Fearlez was abusing me simply because i coined out a different angle to the word mid life crisis, a word i used even before i ever knew it exists.

We must learn to be objective and avoid slavish mindset cos every word in the dictionary was created by people like us...LETS LEARN TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

1 Like

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by AHCB: 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2017
SecondEva:
kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by opeaceo: 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
DarkRebel69:

It's not even only peculiar to the Nigerian argot – It is a wideIy used phrase (@firstScreenshot). I suspect it was originally a metaphor used to refer to something or someone that is “brittle or weak”, but which over-time gained such profound currency that it shed its metaphorical element and became instead the colloquial term for the soft, crunchy cartilages in the body of a cattle – in the same manner some metaphors cease from being metaphors due to chronic over-usage.

@Cinderella5, as far I know there's nothing like brisket bone. If you are in possession of some strong evidence that would serve in controverting my claim, then by all means, present them.

Brisket is defined as the cut of MEAT from a cattle's breast or lower chest regions. It is not defined as a cut of BONE. To say the original term was "Brisket bone" would be also to fasely assert that brisket is bone removed from the breast of a cattle, rather than meat.

Even if we were to agree upon a hypothetical conclusion that the accurate terminology is actually "brisket bone", it would be foolhardy to disregard the legit semantic drift that has taken place by faulting those who use the term "biscuit bone".
Housewife today means a stay-at-home wife; in Shakespeare's time, housewife meant a courtesan or a whøre. The point is, language, like all other contraptions of nature and man, evolves.
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Dominicah(f): 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
E
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2017

1 Like

Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by DCONE1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ishilove:

have you check or google the meaning of Biscuit bone? Smh it means ... A medical condition of someone
prone to getting injured very easily and/or often.
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%.
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by DCONE1(m): 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2017
... Biscuit Bone is a medical condition of someone
prone to getting injured very easily and/or often.
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%.
Re: It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' by Genesils(m): 1:13am On Sep 23, 2017
Reading People's Comments Just Got Me Confused The More...
I'll just stick with the Biscuit Bone I've Been Using Jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Testimony: As A Graduate Of Anambra State University / 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? / I Killed This Rat In My Hostel In LAUTECH (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.