Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate (17712 Views)

IPPIS: ASUU Says FG Can’t Frighten Them With Salary Stoppage / Pay LAUTECH Workers, Oyo, Lawmakers Tell Aregbesola, Ajimobi / Osun & Oyo Government Order LAUTECH Workers To Call Off 4 Months Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by DONSMITH123(m): 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
Leke Baiyewu, Abuja

The Senate has said the Federal Government cannot disburse the N4bn currently needed by the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology,
Ogbomoso, as the institution is state-owned.

At the plenary on Wednesday, the lawmakers stated that Oyo and Osun States, who jointly own the institution, should resolve the crisis
bedeviling the school.

They pointed out that the Federal Government could only invest in capital projects in the institution and not spend on payment of salaries and allowances of workers.

The position was taken when lawmaker representing Oyo North Senatorial District, Senator Abdulfatai Buhari, in a motion titled ‘Urgent Need for the Federal Government to Intervene in LAUTECH Imbroglio in Order to Save the Future of the Innocent Youths,’ said the institution needed N4bn to pay accumulated salaries and allowances arrears.

He said, “The Senate is disturbed that LAUTECH, which hitherto had the reputation of being the best state-owned university in the country,
now has nothing to her credit than the reputation of being the most strike-ridden university in the country, as the university cannot
escape an academic year without going on strike for 10 months or more due to persistent non-payment of salaries of the members of staff;

“The Senate is worried by the fact that the university is currently in the middle of a strike, which has crippled the activities of the
university for more than a year due to the inability of the parent states to provide the sum of N4bn to pay the accumulated salaries and
arrears of members of staff and, thereby, leaving over 3000 members of staff of the University wallowing in economic hardship and poverty.

“It is saddening that the careers of over 34,000 students of the University are currently in jeopardy, turning them to social
miscreants and leaving the parents who had laboured to give their wards quality education languishing in pains and agonies for no fault
of theirs.”

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44

http://punchng.com/fg-cant-pay-lautech-workers-salaries-senate/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Homeboiy: 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
Good

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by madridguy(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
LAUTECH God alone will help you tongue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by armadeo(m): 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
Jamb form loading.

It's sad to see this happen but everyone in LAUTECH has lost for now.

Time to try and move on.

Ps if I were in pain state God punish the person who gives me query for not coming to work.

5 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2017
“It is saddening that the careers of over 34,000 students of the University are currently in jeopardy, turning them to social
miscreants and leaving the parents who had laboured to give their wards quality education languishing in pains and agonies for no fault
of theirs.”

If police stop you now, them go ask which university you dey go. If you mistakenly say lautech my friend you go pay money o, even if you no be yahoo yahoo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
Well my advice would be for Senate to at least convert their share of Tetfund to pay at least half of the debts. Lautech is entitled to 1.9 billion for this year from Tetfund. It's only a university that exist that can use infrastructure.

This is no mere strike the very existence of this university is threatened and I don't think Osun has d capacity to pay anything to anyone.

Tinubu sef no try o just one fund raising and he can gather industry men and fellow politicians to raise a lot of cash. Me I would suggest u ppl change ur chancellor to Oyakhilome. At least I remember he gave benson idahosa university 1 billion grant just like that. If he is now chancellor of lautech nko he would just pay it all in one sec.

Or if everything fails they should mandate the school to give out transcripts.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Bolustical: 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
It is quite simple,

Let Osun and Oyo states source for the fund and pay off the salaries of the workers,

They should also not take in students for the next four years so as to make plans to privatize the university once and for all since they cannot manage it.

You cannot be unduly wasting students' futures over backlogs of salaries,

Let them sell it to Covenant or other serious tertiary education provider,

Our governments are poor at managing things

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by dessz(m): 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
but they can use billions as money for cars and expenditures issorite

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by DieBuhari: 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
With all the free oil money, they can't pay salries or run a school.
Imagine when the free oil money no longer comes in.
This is why Yorubas are not serious.about restructuring.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by hakeem4(m): 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
mhiztaNexy:
bin in 400lvl since 2015. May God help me

Don't worry, I can help you faint

6 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by auntysimbiat(f): 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by wolextayo: 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
Time for gboys to hustle. Benz loading. I pity the students in that school
Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Bolustical: 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
following
Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Nifeola: 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ok
Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
It is a pitiable situation. It is well.
Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by muller101(m): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
It is finished
Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Mightyraw(m): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
See as am reading this with tears,
Another blow again,

Lautech is really a wrong choice
Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
DieBuhari:
Must u turn everything to racism. This is really not about funding but that lautech is an Orphan institution by virtue of ownership tussle- that is d underlying issue. At least we all know uniosun isn't dead.

4 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
i wept for NIGERIAN education,

i know the federal government has the capability to release such amount, but they won't, let's say they said they can't pay, but can't they just order the state governments to pay, at least the states are under the federal govt, and they have the right to obey what they said,

May God punish all our politicia especially Aregbe, Ajimobi and Tinubu

6 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Jaytecq(m): 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
wow.... the best news today....

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by mhiztaNexy(m): 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2017

4 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by IgboAmakaa(f): 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2017
y would FG pay for there burden....is not correct

they should carry there cross alone

3 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by adetes: 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
Lauthech don enter one chance, osun allocation cant pay quarter salary of lautech and oyo too say they cant pay, who go com pay. Wahala they o
Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Jabioro: 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2017
The likes of Ajumobi and Aregbesola are not visioning leaders when it comes to education or the pride of state.. in fact Ajumobi can be regarded as a state chief marunder ..Who walked on toganism.a head of constituted Authority who failed woefully to her responsibility. Tomorrow is close to his chest, the history recorded him as a pathetic leader.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by tosyne2much(m): 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
Education is not encouraged in this part of the world
Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Mightyraw(m): 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
mhiztaNexy:
If you see how I take rush this news,

Your own better, Shebi u dey see money for IT
Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
DieBuhari:

University funding in Nigeria is very poor.

Right now, we need 3 trillion naira for all our universities to break even without having to increase fees

Most universities also charge poor fees. You can't get enough funding on just $100 per semester.
Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Akinz0126(m): 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
Lobatan
Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
FG should just take over that school. Ajimobi and Aregbesola aren't serious with that school. Awon Oloriburuku, had it been their wards were in that school, they won't do that.

1 Like

Re: FG Can’t Pay LAUTECH Workers’ Salaries – Senate by Naira3jump: 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
grin shocked

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Don't Need More Lawyers/Banking, Finance Graduates In Nigeria: Nimi Princewil / Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 / Fire At Federal Government Girls College Hostel, Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.