Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

How Not To Register A Nigerian Company In 2017 ( Public Service Announcement) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Not To Register A Nigerian Company In 2017 ( Public Service Announcement) (247 Views)

How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? / Nigerian Company Softcom Flies All Of Its Employees To Dubai For Retreat / Everything You Need To Know To Register Your Nigerian Company In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Not To Register A Nigerian Company In 2017 ( Public Service Announcement) by Enyimad: 10:32am On Jul 13, 2017
Guys, abeg if you do not understand how companies work in Nigeria yet, please DO NOT try to register companies by yourself. I am becoming tired of the queries and silly mistakes I see people making because of the new CAC self registration process.

Everyday I get complaints from entrepreneurs who decided to do it on their own because 'wetin lawyers dey do sef'. Please do not be penny wise and pound foolish. Companies are unique creations of the law and there is a huge area of knowledge called 'company law' that even many lawyers do not have a grasp of. Do not because of the little amounts you want to save deny yourself of valuable information which a lawyer will provide during the company registration process and the first few years of your company formation.

If you are a smart business person, you should know that a good lawyer is an asset and getting one on your side of the corner as early as possible should be top priority for you (Haba, even lawyers who start companies get lawyers to advise them).

Now I have a man who has been on his company registration process for over two months when it should not take more than a week. For all the money he was trying to save he has wasted more money and time going and coming back from the CAC office and getting queries endlessly because of the information he filled. He came to me when he got tired and I am charging him a lot more than I would have charged him at the beginning because I now have more work to do.

So, this is a public service announcement. If you are serious about registering a company, get a good lawyer in your corner. Registering your company without the guide of a good lawyer is not a smart way to start off and in 2017 is not the way any Nigerian should be registering a Nigerian company.

Many thanks!

#dropsmicandwalksaway

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Validate Your Business Idea / Setup Your Bulksms Website With Just N25,000 / Banks Record N17.8tr Transactions, Give N15.7tr To Business Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.