Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? (46221 Views)

How To Register A Business In Nigeria / Step By Step Of How To Register A Company With The Corporate Affairs Commission / CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Skales4ll: 10:14pm On Aug 31, 2020
Please help me out. I need to know how much I should budget for the whole process of registering a business name with CAC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Kobicove(m): 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2020
Skales4ll:
Please help me out. I need to know how much I should budget for the whole process of registering a business name with CAC

Lalasticlala
Seun

You can conclude the whole process with just under 11K if you do it yourself

35 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by sonofthunder: 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
Do confirm from CAC website.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Heartbender: 10:44pm On Aug 31, 2020
Get a lawyer so you don't make mistakes
Skales4ll:

Lalasticlala
Seun

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Skales4ll: 10:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kobicove:

Please how do I go about doing it myself? Must I go to Abuja to do it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Kobicove(m): 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
Skales4ll:

Please how do I go about doing it myself? Must I go to Abuja to do it?

No you don't need to go to Abuja, you can start and complete the process yourself...just go to CAC website and register with your email address...

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

After that you submit 2 names and pay a search fee of about 700Naira

If the names are approved you can then commence the registration process.

All payments are made online

Make sure you save copies of all online receipts you receive

Items you need:
Valid means of identification

An operational email account

A passport photograph

A certificate of competence in the field of area of the type of business you want to register

Your debit card with at least 11K for making payments

You also need access to a scanner cos there is a form you will fill online then later you print it then scan and upload after you have affixed your passport photograph and appended your signature

The whole process can be completed in about 1 week assuming you do everything properly and do not get a query.

NB- When filling the forms there is a section that asks if you need extra copies of certificates and documents, leave this blank. If you request for an extra certificate your fee will be higher.

After scanning the documents you want to upload make sure you name them appropriately so the CAC official who will process your application will not have difficulty identifying them

If you are based in Lagos I will recommend that you select Alausa as your preferred point of collection for your certificate of business name registration

515 Likes 90 Shares

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by AdamsAbubakar(m): 8:42am On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

No you don't need to go to Abuja, you can start and complete the process yourself...just go to CAC website and register with your email address...

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

If the names are approved you and then you commence the registration process.

Items you need:

A passport photograph

A certificate of competence in the field of area of the type of business you want to register

You also need access to a scanner cos there is a form you will fill online then later you print it then scan and upload after you have affixed your passport photograph and appended your signature

The whole process can be completed in about 1 week assuming you do everything properly and do not get a query.

NB- When filling the forms there is a section that asks if you need extra copies of certificates and documents, leave this blank. If you request for an extra certificate your fee will be higher.

After scanning the documents you want to upload make sure you name them appropriately so the CAC official who will process your application will not have difficulty identifying them

If you are based in Lagos I will recommend that you select Alausa as your preferred point of collection for your certificate of business name registration

Please help out, I'm in a similar dilemma. If you are registering a business on someone's behalf, do you need your personal email and passports or the email and passports of the person whom you're registering the business for?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Skales4ll: 8:44am On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

If the names are approved you and then you commence the registration process.

Items you need:

A passport photograph

Unfortunately, I base in Delta but i will be in Edo this week. Thank you for the explanation. It was really helpful

27 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Kobicove(m): 9:33am On Sep 01, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Please help out, I'm in a similar dilemma. If you are registering a business on someone's behalf, do you need your personal email and passports or the email and passports of the person whom you're registering the business for?

In this instance you may use your email but you must affix the person's passport and he/she must also be the one to sign.

If you put your own passport and signature then it means that it's only you that can open a bank account and be the signatory for that business

18 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Kobicove(m): 9:35am On Sep 01, 2020
Skales4ll:

Unfortunately, I base in Delta but i will be in Edo this week. Thank you for the explanation. It was really helpful

The CAC has offices in most states in Nigeria so you can choose a collection point that is closest to you.

The issue is that I'm not sure if those other outlets are as active as the ones in Lagos

10 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by AdamsAbubakar(m): 10:09am On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

In this instance you may use your email but you must affix the persons passport and he/she must also be the one to sign.

If you put your own passport and signature then it means that it's only you that can open a bank account and be the signatory for that business

Sorry, but does putting a signature not mean the person must be there with me to append it themselves? Because this person I'm about helping out won't be able to make it.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Kobicove(m): 10:17am On Sep 01, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Sorry, but does putting a signature not mean the person must be there with me to append it themselves? Because this person I'm about helping out won't be able to make it.

Yes the person must be there to append it.

What you could do is to send the docs to the person to print, sign, affix passport then scan and send back to you to upload.

You need to sort out this issue properly otherwise it will create problems when the person wants to open a bank account for that business.

As far as the bank is concerned whoever signs that form is the principal officer of the business and must sign all relevant account opening documents for the business

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by rxmusa(m): 10:48am On Sep 01, 2020
Just 11.5K

6 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by sodiqapril(m): 10:49am On Sep 01, 2020
Before you think of registering your business, read the new cama law..may Ur egungun no enter express

11 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Blackbug: 10:49am On Sep 01, 2020
Skales4ll:
It’s 30 thousand naira.

You can contact me for that

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Parisian: 10:49am On Sep 01, 2020
11k shocked
Kobicove:

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Queenlovely(f): 10:49am On Sep 01, 2020
to

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:49am On Sep 01, 2020
u can go to their office to confirm the price...not here

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by muller101(m): 10:50am On Sep 01, 2020
11k. Just finished mine yesterday

34 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Oduduwa707: 10:50am On Sep 01, 2020
tongue
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Obierika(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2020
Queenlovely:
d

Space booker grin
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by successking401(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2020
Don't die in silence.

If you know anybody suffering from anything that spells infection e.g wormlike movement in d body,staphylococus,premature ejaculation,tooth ache,stubborn boil, fibroid,piles,cough,no matter how long it have been.

Please Note: please I don't respond to PM's
If you need my medicine, then call me. My contact number is in my signature

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by iCauseTrouble: 10:51am On Sep 01, 2020
sad
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by IYANGBALI: 10:51am On Sep 01, 2020
You need nothing less than 500k
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by muller101(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2020
Heartbender:
Get a lawyer so you don't make mistakes
You don't need a lawyer.

12 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by 1759ademola(m): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2020
Go to CAC now. Maybe #25k.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by vixpal: 10:53am On Sep 01, 2020
N10000 you can do it yourself. It was even N5000 during CAC promo. Visit https://services.cac.gov.ng/ get it done
Simple as ABC..XYZ

Don't allow anyone scam you...it is very easy with your phone

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by WinLABSstores: 10:54am On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

If the names are approved you can then commence the registration process.

Items you need:

A passport photograph

This is not completely true!

You can't complete the process on your own!

CAC itself has empowered 3rd party guys to be doing the process and you have to go through them.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by victons(m): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2020
why not check the official website
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by LosC: 10:55am On Sep 01, 2020
Blackbug:

It’s 30 thousand naira.

You can contact me for that

[b]Contact you for what reason exactly? undecided

11 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by vixpal: 10:56am On Sep 01, 2020
IYANGBALI:
You need nothing less than 500k
Stop posting nonsense

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'If You Don't Have ₦500k At 26 & Above, You Don't Have Purpose In Life' - Lady / How Much Do I Need To Open A Betting Shop? / Lady Embarrassed For Not Paying Bill At A Restaurant [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.