Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction (1910 Views)

Ibu Faith Graduates With Distinction In MSc From University Of Bedfordshire, UK / List Of University That Of Dentistry And Dental Surgery In Nigeria / Abdulkadir Islamiyat Oluwatoyin Passes Nigerian Licensing Exam With Distinction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Evvilgenius: 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2017
This is to debunk the incorrect news fabricated by a blog but posted on nairaland that a young lady got disctinction in the assessment exams of MDCN for foreign trained Doctors and Dentists.
Yes, the intelligent young lady was the best student in sudan which is a wonderful feat but she did not not get a distinction in the MDCN exam as shown in the results below

This is the link to the previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/3919927/abdulkadir-islamiyat-oluwatoyin-passes-nigerian

For the records, no foreign trained medical student has ever gotten a distinction in the individual Clinical courses of the MDCN exam and there's no way one will get one distinction for numerous clinical courses so its either a PASS or a FAIL if you pass everything or fail any respectively.

You can check out the results in a tabular form in the MDCN website below as NL doesnt support tables
https://www.mdcn.gov.ng/blog/our-news-1/post/assessment-examination-results-april-2017-held-in-luth-49

A break down of the result shows that 331 doctors who qualified from countries outside the country, 159 (48%) PASSED, 167 (51%) FAILED AND 5 were absent. For details, check the MDCN website above.
Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by malificent(f): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ha!!!! See as F line up
Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by bigtt76(f): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
Those wen fail .....what den wan tell their parents now say dem go abroad go do? grin

1 Like

Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Evvilgenius: 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2017
CC lalasticlacla
Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Oluwapresley(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2017
I don't even understand what's happening here.. who pass, who fail?
Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Quelme: 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
One day , My comment will come on top. I will show it to My college teacher Miss sedative , who said that I can't achieve anything in my life ! Like it please.
Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Quelme: 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
One day , My comment will come on top. I will show it to My college teacher Miss sedative , who said that I can't achieve anything in my life ! Like it please.
Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by braimeddy: 9:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
Op I don't know why u re so pained. Ok u agreed she was the best student MCDN and based on the assessment there was only pass and fail. So how did they know she was the best of all the students that passed?

If she can be picked by the sch that she was the best of all, then she might have distinction.

1 Like

Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by MrHenshaw: 10:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
Evvilgenius:
This is to debunk the incorrect news fabricated by a blog but posted on nairaland that a young lady got disctinction in the assessment exams of MDCN for foreign trained Doctors and Dentists.
Yes, the intelligent young lady was the best student in sudan which is a wonderful feat but she did not not get a distinction in the MDCN exam as shown in the results below

This is the link to the previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/3919927/abdulkadir-islamiyat-oluwatoyin-passes-nigerian

For the records, no foreign trained medical student has ever gotten a distinction in the individual Clinical courses of the MDCN exam and there's no way one will get one distinction for numerous clinical courses so its either a PASS or a FAIL if you pass everything or fail any respectively.

You can check out the results in a tabular form in the MDCN website below as NL doesnt support tables
https://www.mdcn.gov.ng/blog/our-news-1/post/assessment-examination-results-april-2017-held-in-luth-49

A break down of the result shows that 331 doctors who qualified from countries outside the country, 159 (48%) PASSED, 167 (51%) FAILED AND 5 were absent. For details, check the MDCN website above.

She is the best in sudan and has distinction in nigeria.
Go collect her certificate na.
Your clarification wasn't necessary,now that you have told us,any reward?

2 Likes

Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Evvilgenius: 10:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
braimeddy:
Op I don't know why u re so pained. Ok u agreed she was the best student MCDN and based on the assessment there was only pass and fail. So how did they know she was the best of all the students that passed?

If she can be picked by the sch that she was the best of all, then she might have distinction.

I'm just setting the record straight that medicine is an unclassified degree and the fact that she is the best in Sudan doesn't mean she'll be the best in Nigeria or have a distinction (which is non-existent in the first place). The blog just made the story up to get traffic, that's the point.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by DAramis: 5:03am On Jul 14, 2017
MrHenshaw:

She is the best in sudan and has distinction in nigeria.
Go collect her certificate na.
Your clarification wasn't necessary,now that you have told us,any reward?

Please, tell her to drop her examination number if truely she has distinction.
I hate it when people refuses to reason. This young man gave you a link showing the results of those that took the exam and there is no where distinction is mentioned but it seems like you put her tribe above right information.
I am patiently waiting for her examination number sir.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 14, 2017
Hello am a little bit confuse but..those this mean a Nigerian that wants to practise in other countries have to write their necessary,pass it and obtain a liscence ??
Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Anikulhapo(m): 7:55am On Jul 14, 2017
Pls, who has any idea when Buhari will visit Nigeria
Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Sunnybabe(m): 8:06am On Jul 14, 2017
which one should we believe nao,

This one is strong......��
Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Sunnybabe(m): 8:06am On Jul 14, 2017
which one should we believe nao,

This one is strong......��
Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Evvilgenius: 9:11am On Jul 15, 2017
chufor:
Hello am a little bit confuse but..those this mean a Nigerian that wants to practise in other countries have to write their necessary,pass it and obtain a liscence ??

Yes, in most instances.
Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Johnfavour(m): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
Exam that they use money and influence to runs. MDCN is now corrupt, our lives are not save anymore.
Re: Re: Nobody Passed Nigerian Medical And Dental Licensing Exam With A Distinction by Evvilgenius: 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
Johnfavour:
Exam that they use money and influence to runs. MDCN is now corrupt, our lives are not save anymore.

Any proof?

(1) (Reply)

Download All Your Past Questions Here Free!!! / The Importance Of Early Childhood Education In Nigeria / I Am Having University Issues, Please Come In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.