Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 14/7/2014 Keep Your Mouth Shut - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 14/7/2014 Keep Your Mouth Shut (286 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On 5G: Lagos And Abuja Shut By FG For Installation Of 5G / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 27/7/17 Don't Be Despair / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 7/6/2017 Pride: A Cankerworm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 14/7/2014 Keep Your Mouth Shut by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 14, 2017
Friday, July 14, 2017
KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT
Read Galatians 5:22-23
MEMORISE
In the multitude of words sin is not lacking, but he who restrains his lips is wise. (Proverbs 10:19)

Self-control is one of the hardest things to master. Think over these noble sayings: “People who like to judge others need to keep the verdict to themselves.” This is because “It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt!”
God knows our weaknesses, even after we got born-again, and He also knows the remedy. We make promises to improve on several things, but except the Holy Spirit helps us, we would still find it difficult to overcome and gain control over many things that are inside us! The fruit of the Spirit is self-control over senseless, blasphemous, poisonous and hurtful words.
We need to always open our minds, over every conversation engaged in, and situations faced, before we open our mouths. Joel Osteen once said, “If you cannot be positive, then at least be quiet.”
When you talk too much, over too little a matter, you are sized up. Sometimes, the best thing to say is nothing, because some people are not even worth your words. This is how Jesus Christ silenced His interrogators while they sentenced themselves to God's wrath and judgement. Then Pilate asked Him again, saying, "Do You answer nothing? See how many things they testify against You!" But Jesus still answered nothing, so that Pilate marvelled (Mk. 15:4-5). And all the people answered and said, "His blood be on us and on our children" (Matt. 27:25).
Your greatest accomplishment today might just be that you keep your mouth shut, when negative thoughts seem to overwhelm your emotions, lest you would be sized up as stupid.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Lord my God, season my speech with grace and truth, that I may always build up people, and not tear them down.
2. Lord, help me to know when to be silent, and when to talk, so that I don't misfire in words.
3. Lord, help the Christian marriage counsellors to know what to say at the right time, to settle crises in homes around them.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Exodus 5-9

(1) (Reply)

Tommy - Religious Write Up In Social Media Groups / Leaning To Unlearn / Speak To Refresh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.