Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

I Had A Cumulative IELTS Score Of 8. What Are My Opportunities Out There? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Had A Cumulative IELTS Score Of 8. What Are My Opportunities Out There? (1066 Views)

Move To Canada With Low IELTS Score / FRSC Officials Return N27M Recovered After Deaths Of 8 Edo Indigenes. PICS / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Had A Cumulative IELTS Score Of 8. What Are My Opportunities Out There? by Homguy(m): 1:00am On Jul 15, 2017
So i checked my score online and was pleasantly suprised to see a score of 8.
Breakdown;
Speaking; 8.0
Writing ;6.5
Reading; 8.0
Listening ; 8.5
I was initially excited but now, i really cant see what the advantage is although i havent applied to any CIC yet. Is this score and WES certificate accreditation enough to lift me above the threshold 400 points score?
Any advice on how to register and attain max points would be appreciated.
Re: I Had A Cumulative IELTS Score Of 8. What Are My Opportunities Out There? by DatechMan(m): 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
Homguy:
Breakdown;
Speaking; 8.0
Writing ;6.5
Reading; 8.0
Listening ; 8.5
I was initially excited but now, i really cant see what the advantage is although i havent applied to any CIC yet. Is this score and WES certificate accreditation enough to lift me above the threshold 400 points score?

I don't know your full profile so I wouldn't know what your CRS score would be. However, this score would have been perfect if not for the Writing. If you are sure of your performance on the writing section, kindly order a remark.

For CIC, a mark of at least 7.5 is what you'll need to get what you want
For Aussie, You'll need 7.0 for 10 points and 8.0 for 20 points.

Great result anyway. Cheers
Re: I Had A Cumulative IELTS Score Of 8. What Are My Opportunities Out There? by Bob12: 7:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
Homguy:
Breakdown;
Speaking; 8.0
Writing ;6.5
Reading; 8.0
Listening ; 8.5

Why not try and check your CRS score via this link..https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html
I think you have a great score despite the 6.5 in writing though it might drop your points by 3 (I think)
Just enter your details in the link to see what your score will be..Good luck

1 Like

Re: I Had A Cumulative IELTS Score Of 8. What Are My Opportunities Out There? by Homguy(m): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2017
Bob12:

Why not try and check your CRS score via this link..https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html
I think you have a great score despite the 6.5 in writing though it might drop your points by 3 (I think)
thanks boss. Using that tool I got a CRS score of 426. I think it should be enough to proceed. I will apply asap.
Re: I Had A Cumulative IELTS Score Of 8. What Are My Opportunities Out There? by Homguy(m): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2017
Bob12:

thanks man! I just did. I got a score of 426. I think I will apply for into the pool asap.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Country Nigeria Is Better Off Than When It Comes To Power Supply / Travel Scammer Yet To Pay Me / Fatal Accident Kills Little Girl, Other Passengers After Their Bus Crashed. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.