Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. (906 Views)

Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did / Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by ayogabriel(m): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2017
Just read through.

Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by mgdimagaladima(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
Just pack well oooo ....if not a big hammer go fall on u
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by 7footre(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
Sir ah ahn your blood de hot o, you sef so someone canor even play with you small? Economy no good o
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
Bullcrap!!!
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by EfemenaXY: 1:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
Good one. Imagine the effrontery and gross unprofessionalism?

Only an ídíot would be so bold to say that of the boss' wife. Nigerians and their over familiarity mentality.
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by EfemenaXY: 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2017
7footre:
Sir ah ahn your blood de hot o, you sef so someone canor even play with you small? Economy no good o

He/she/it should have thought about the state of the economy before "playing" with their job. What nonsense.
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by 7footre(m): 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2017
EfemenaXY:

He/she/it should have thought about the state of the economy before "playing" with their job. What nonsense.

Of course it was duly considered. This was/is an attempt too redress that
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by Destined2win: 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
I think the man is over-reacting.

Well who knows. Maybe he had warned the lady earlier to steer clear
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by EfemenaXY: 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
7footre:

Of course it was duly considered. This was/is an attempt too redress that

How so?
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by EfemenaXY: 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
Destined2win:
I think the man is over-reacting.

Well who knows. Maybe he had warned the lady earlier to steer clear

No he wasn't.

She deserves the sack and a bad reference.

Stûpîd home wrecker.

1 Like

Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by ayogabriel(m): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2017
No matter how it may seem, you never talk ill of someone"s partner. Never ever

1 Like

Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by DarkRebel69: 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
This seems staged, and even if it's not then the man in question was over-reacting. He sounds like someone who takes life too seriously.

All na eye-service.
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by EfemenaXY: 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
DarkRebel69:
This seems staged, and even if it's not then the man in question was over-reacting. He sounds like someone who takes life too seriously.

All na eye-service.

Let's take this at face value giving him the benefit of doubt.

Would you still be of the opinion he's over reacted?
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by DarkRebel69: 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
ayogabriel:
No matter how it may seem, you never talk ill of someone"s partner. Never ever

How is the statement, “she seems to have gained weight”, talking ill of someone?
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by DarkRebel69: 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Let's take this at face value giving him the benefit of doubt.
Would you still be of the opinion he's over reacted?

Yes, I still hold the opinion that he over-reacted a bit. All I can deduce here is a worker trying to show concern for her boss. It's true that she might have acted a bit unprofessional while she was at it, but asking her to resign because of a minor lapse is analogous to killing a tsetse fly with an AK47 - the punitive measure far outweighs the offense.

And as far as that Whatsapp chat revealed, it didn't seem like the staff had ulterior motives, or is it possible that we convict a criminal before the crime has been commited, or even before the intention of the crime is known? She even asked after the man's wife, and perhaps out of an innocent “lack of proper social skills”, she remarked about her boss' wife having put on weight, and did so in a manner that seemed to hint that she probably thought the question didn't defy proper conversational etiquettes. Some people are just like that i.e. socially inept.

No one is saying a man shouldn't be faithful or defend his wife, but it becomes annoying and insincere when in proving his fidelity he becomes an over-reacting jerk. Like I said, all na eye-service.
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by EfemenaXY: 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Yes, I still hold the opinion that he over-reacted a bit. All I can deduce here is a worker trying to show concern for her boss. It's true that she might have acted a bit unprofessional while she was at it, but asking her to resign because of a minor lapse is analogous to killing a tsetse fly with an AK47 - the punitive measure far outweighs the offense.

And as far as that Whatsapp chat revealed, it didn't seem like the staff had ulterior motives, or is it possible that we convict a criminal before the crime has been commited, or even before the intention of the crime is known? She even asked after the man's wife, and perhaps out of an innocent “lack of proper social skills”, she remarked about her boss' wife having put on weight, and did so in a manner that seemed to hint that she probably thought the question didn't defy proper conversational etiquettes. Some people are just like that i.e. socially inept.

No one saying a man shouldn't be faithful or defend his wife, but it becomes annoying and insincere when in proving his fidelity he becomes an over-reacting jerk. Like I said, all na eye-service.

D.R: comments such as I missed you. The office isn't the same without you from a female worker to her married male boss are suggestive and provocative.

She knew exactly what she was playing at. How would it look if the roles were reversed?

She should get done for sexual harassment and gross misconduct.

Oh, and her snide comments about his wife's weight were bang out of order.

1 Like

Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by ayogabriel(m): 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
DarkRebel69:

How is the statement, “she seems to have gained weight”, talking ill of someone?

Take a look at this? We bought a carton of fish at work, and few weeks later, i was approached to buy again, told the lady i am yet to finish the last one i bought, and i am not a fiah person, She said its because your gf doesnt know how to cook it, immediately she saw the look on my face, she apologise. Most men who respect and love there wife or gf, whatever will be offeneded if you talk in such manner about them. She has a problem with her been fat, thats why she made the statement, in return she got what he think she deserves
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by 7footre(m): 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
EfemenaXY:

How so?

If the boss had played along, her economic situation would never have been d same
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by EfemenaXY: 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
7footre:

If the boss had played along, her economic situation would never have been d same

I don't get you. Explain pls so I don't misinterpret
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by DarkRebel69: 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2017
ayogabriel:

Take a look at this? We bought a carton of fish at work, and few weeks later, i was approached to buy again, told the lady i am yet to finish the last one i bought, and i am not a fiah person, She said its because your gf doesnt know how to cook it, immediately she saw the look on my face, she apologise. Most men who respect and love there wife or gf, whatever will be offeneded if you talk in such manner about them. She has a problem with her been fat, thats why she made the statement, in return she got what he think she deserves

Your analogy falls flat on its face.

In the first instance, the lady presupposes to know that the inability of the girlfriend to properly cook fish is the cause of guy's disinclination to fish. If she didn't mean it as a joke, which I suspect she did, then that's making an insensitive claim without any evidence, and that is completely wrong.

In the second instance, the lady remarked that her boss' wife seem to have put on weight – a remark conceived out of observation and visual evidence, not presupposition.

So you see, the two cases markedly differ.

Besides, putting on weight is not the same as being fat or obese. It was not a diss, niether was it an expletive.

There has been a string of commenters these past two months on Chimamanda Adichie's Facebook page that have observed that Adichie seemed to have put on some weight. But they don't mean that she has gone fat and flabby, but only that she has added some more skin, and quite a good number of the commenters also agreed that it sort of pronounced her beauty in its own way.

It's okay to love and respect your wife, but taking offense where offense is not intended, and being apt to interpret every form of correspondence from the opposite sex as a “threat to your marriage” is, frankly, disturbing and unhealthy behaviour.
Re: The Type Of Man I Enocurage Men To Be. by DarkRebel69: 4:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
EfemenaXY:

D.R: comments such as I missed you. The office isn't the same without you from a female worker to her married male boss are suggestive and provocative.

She knew exactly what she was playing at. How would it look if the roles were reversed?

She should get done for sexual harassment and gross misconduct.

Oh, and her snide comments about his wife's weight were bang out of order.

Sexual harrassment? Now I know that you're just clowning here. You must also be among those who support the lynching of people who "look like thieves", after all you've already passed judgement on the girl based on "how it looks" rather than on "how and what it really is". Requiescat in pace, Logic.

And, I thought putting on weight (not obesity) is a mark of opulence in this part of the world? How then did it become a snide?

There's nothing out of order here, madam–save for her unprofessionalism of course. That you've chosen to interpret her motives in one way doesn't invalidate differing interpretations.
Instead of you to castigate the man for his poor sense of humour, you are throwing the word "home-wrecker"about.

As far I know that man was merely playing to the gallery. A man that would cheat would cheat regardless of how much he feigns displeasure on Whatsapp. Mind you, he might even be over-reacting on Whatsapp on purpose, probably because he has reasoned that any indecorous thing he says could be screengrabbed and stored up as visual evidence. Don't be surprised if the same man is found groping that lady at a later date. Trust me, such is not impossible. grin

The conversation was probably one huge confection anyway, so we're probably just wasting our time in attempting to give solidity and depth to pure wind.

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed Urgently. / Pls Vote For My Baby In The Cussons Baby Moment Competition / In Search Of A Woman By Avatarmode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.