Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  (28361 Views)

8 Nigerian Men Arrested For Defrauding Elderly Widows Of $6m / ‘fetish’ Pastors Arrested For Defrauding And Sexually Abusing Members (pic) / Pregnant Woman Raped By Lagos Pastor⁠ Delivers Twins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by ebusfav: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
Operatives of State Intelligence Bureau (SIB), Lagos State Police Command, have arrested the General Overseer of Sufficient Grace Church, Pastor Okechukwu Joseph, for reportedly defrauding members of his church of huge sums of money.

The Pastor who borrowed money from his members, pretending it was needed to repair his car among other projects, while promising to pay back as soon as possible as he was expecting money from undisclosed sources.

However when those he borrowed from approached him to get their money, he came up with excuses and among his victims are women who do daily contribution (ajo) business.

According to The Nation, he had been making empty promises of paying back for about eight years.

Explaining his involvement in the offence the suspect Joseph said: “I am married with two children. I am from Okwe Oboro, Umuahia, Abia State. I know the complainant Miss Bridget Nwankwo as a member of my church. I had no misunderstanding with her.

What really happened is that I collected N308,000 from her to do some reconstruction work in my church where we were before I relocated, due to circumstances beyond my control.

I paid her N100,000. I was not able to pay the remaining N208,000, because money was not coming to me as before. She later reported me to SIB. The church I am pastoring is a growing church.

If you look at my body physique you will think that I have money. I had problems and that was why I had no money to pay her. I had a very serious financial problem.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/lagos-pastor-arrested-defrauding-church-members-%ef%bb%bf.html

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by YourImaginaryBF: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
O for okechukwu

19 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by GeneralOjukwu: 2:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
OkeSHUKWU well done ooo

Biafra needs funds.

See his neck and cheeks like a well fed pig

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by Ehinmola(m): 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
When about to borrow,they will pretend to be sober,thereafter they go haywire. Payment day they will frown at the lender. Warning-Dont borrow anyone the amount you cannot for-go in case of disappointments

28 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by Ehinmola(m): 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
When about to borrow,they will pretend to be sober,thereafter they go haywire. Payment day they will frown at the lender. Warning-Dont borrow anyone the amount you cannot let-go in case of disappointments

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by Jetleeee: 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
Apparently, potor people have taken development to the church. I always thought potor people only develop cities. I never knew they develop churches too.

Hmm...now I get where that talk of potor people being sent out of Israel for selling fake bibles comes from.

Donald, we learn new things everyday, don't we?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by Ereolamide: 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
If you look at my body physique you will think that I have money.
I had problems and that was why I had no money to pay her. I had a very serious financial problem.”

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by Jetleeee: 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
If I touch that post up there, I'll get banned by the anti spambot lol

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by LionDeLeo: 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
Pastor Okechukwu Joseph.

We must own 100% of the world's property and we are seriously working hard towards that.

98% ain't enough.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by Obongawanesther(f): 3:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
It's crime,,,NCAN over to u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by BeautifulSE: 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
Our brothers have done it again

Mynd44 lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by Omofunaab2: 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
See the kind development wey okechukwu carry come from Umuahia, Abia State to lagos.. The letter F in Biafra stands for Fraud. .. Y'all already know the letter B stands for baby factories,

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by policy12: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
....its our work, soft work.

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by veekid(m): 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
Na dem developers
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by brainpulse: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
Pastor Okechukwu Joseph, for reportedly defrauding members of his church of huge sums of money.

Evans people again? I am just tired of this people, I am vexing and resigning from NCAN, Pls don't beg me cheesy. Today alone the NCAN has recorded 100,000 crimes committed by them today.

OK am not resigning again.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by herkeym001(m): 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by jejemanito: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
I didn't say anything

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by jejemanito: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by IMASTEX: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
Pastor arrested for defrauding church member?! Lol. . .That means it will only remain one pastor free from such offensive.
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by muller101(m): 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2017
Bigots come around dinner is served
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
Pastor defrauding members since na.. It's only when it become on unofficial that it is illegal
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by Ognwata: 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
shocked

This isn't good.

Btw i buy itunes giftcards at a good rate.

Call or message 0809 601 3571 to negotiate.

10$-100$ denomination only

Call quick while rates are still flying
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by oviejnr(m): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
This one Don turn church to business enterprise grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
lols
checks name...secures seat and popcorn
to watch the East vs West Keyboard war.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by hardywaltz(m): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
Smh
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by mhiztaNexy(m): 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
okayshuku, em go shuk u shukushuku
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by FrankGiel: 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
He borrowed money, he couldn't pay back.. When did that become fraud.. Nigerian police are simply stupid!! Just to extort a person they can slam Any charge they like..

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by feelgoodstuffs(m): 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
Why this people dey fall person hand na, why Pastor go dey borrow money from Member hand? How can you preach faith and prosperity to your congregation? Na byforce to use car? come dey spoil other Pastor's name. this one no be Pastor na Pashure
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members  by TINALETC3(f): 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Officers Brutalizing Girl And Her Pregnant Friend (Video) / Man Goes Unclad To Fight Police Man After Being Assaulted In Benin City / Gunmen Kill Couple In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.