Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? (1704 Views)

sold / What's The Cheapest Brand New PC To Satisfy These System Requirements? / Help I Need New Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by frank417: 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
please is it true that changing motherboard of pc is waste of money?

a friend said it was better i just save up and buy uk used or brand new PC, that the motherboard will still spoil again.

not that i'm repairing o! i am buying another motherboard.

and please, which is better: buying a brand new tear-leather motherboard or buying used working one from another pc?

please help. thanks.
Re: Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by frank417: 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
Re: Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by frank417: 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2017
Re: Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by udemzyudex(m): 10:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
frank417:
please is it true that changing motherboard of pc is waste of money?

a friend said it was better i just save up and buy uk used or brand new PC, that the motherboard will still spoil again.

not that i'm repairing o! i am buying another motherboard.

and please, which is better: buying a brand new tear-leather motherboard or buying used working one from another pc?

please help. thanks.

Let's assume you're using a core i5 system with dedicated graphic that cost over 100,000

The MOBO got spoil and you have the option of either buying a motherboard for #40k or buy same system for over 100,000?

Just like every other electronic, the laptop motherboard is not different from them, if you like buy new laptop it will still spoil if it want to.

Have seen so many laptops that pack up within 2-6Months of usage.

Instead you should ask which is better to buy between a used motherboard and a new motherboard.

1 Like

Re: Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by frank417: 11:39pm On Jul 16, 2017
udemzyudex:

Let's assume you're using a core i5 system with dedicated graphic that cost over 100,000

The MOBO got spoil and you have the option of either buying a motherboard for #40k or buy same system for over 100,000?

Just like every other electronic, the laptop motherboard is not different from them, if you like buy new laptop it will still spoil if it want to.

Have seen so many laptops that pack up within 2-6Months of usage.

Instead you should ask which is better to buy between a used motherboard and a new motherboard.

thanks a lot.
what's your take between a new motherboard and a used one ?
Re: Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by udemzyudex(m): 4:57am On Jul 17, 2017
frank417:

thanks a lot.

Some people prefer to by a new motherboard, while some prefer to buy a used one.

A new motherboard can develop fault after days, weeks, months or even come with factory error and a used one can also do same.

All you have to do is make sure you test the motherboard very well before you leave there, talk to the person so you can get a warranty at least 1week - 1month, depends on the seller.
Re: Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by khorlynz(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2017
well said @udemzyudex. As a laptop technician, I prefer new motherboard for any interested client as long as I'm buying from few trusted sellers here in computer village. I hardly go for used one except if it's from a trusted technician because we all know the value of having such item for keep. what stops the person (technician)who wants to sell used motherboard from making a complete laptop out of it? that's the reservations I have for used motherboard. just be wise and do your mathematics very well. have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by udemzyudex(m): 8:11am On Jul 17, 2017
khorlynz:
well said @udemzyudex. As a laptop technician, I prefer new motherboard for any interested client as long as I'm buying from few trusted sellers here in computer village. I hardly go for used one except if it's from a trusted technician because we all know the value of having such item for keep. what stops the person (technician)who wants to sell used motherboard from making a complete laptop out of it? that's the reservations I have for used motherboard. just be wise and do your mathematics very well. have a nice day.

I'm also in computer village and most engineers always weigh the option of selling it parts by parts of completing a full laptop to sell.

Sometimes the scarce of part may allow them to decide to scrap the laptop.

There was a laptop my boss bought, the carcass was bad so he looked for a used one but didn't see it, the price of a new one was too much and if he buy it, he won't make any gain cos no one will want to buy at the price he will give.

Buying a new motherboard doesn't also guarantee it will last long either, I remember when we bought a new motherboard for a client, he returned it after two days, it was faulty, it came with factory error so we had to return it.

You just have to buy from a trusted person, and make sure you get a warranty, I'm not talking about oral warranty, tell him to write it on the receipt and sign on it.

At least if something comes up and he rufuse to change it, you can have something as an evidence.

Anyway, this are electronic and can malfunction anytime, so use it carefully buy a good charger and power surge if possible and buy your motherboard from a trusted seller.

1 Like

Re: Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by sotall(m): 1:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
As for going for either a used motherboard or new one, I have always preferred used motherboard to new ones.
This is because the new ones they sell nowadays are usually refurbished old motherboards and can develop weird issues within hours to days of usage.
I have once tried getting a motherboard for a client and in the process tested up to for new motherboards from three different sellers and after hours of testing, I will discover each has an issue.

I finally had to settle for an original but used motherboard ( not worked on by any technician). Ever since, I have gotten more of used motherboard with all of them beating warranty period and still being enjoyed by my clients.
Re: Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by arcFM(m): 6:33am On Jul 24, 2017
Good morning, please I need a mother board for my hp 15 r106ne. N pls at what cost can I get it?

Re: Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by sotall(m): 8:43am On Jul 24, 2017
arcFM:
Good morning, please I need a mother board for my hp 15 r106ne. N pls at what cost can I get it?
call or whatsapp 08164685979
Re: Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 25, 2017
frank417:

thanks a lot.
New any day bro, don't ever buy a used part wheen it comes to laptops or computers. Talking from a wealth of experiences.
Re: Changing Motherboard Not Good, Rather Buy New Pc? by hotdealz(m): 7:00am On Jul 25, 2017
Most of the new board you see in Nigeria are mostly fake cheap Chinese clones.

(1) (Reply)

Fix Your Faulty Laptops At An Affordable Price [ABUJA ONLY / Dell Latitude 5480 8gb Ram, 256 Ssd, Us Used.... SOLD / Mint Macbook Pro 2017 Touchbar 8gb Ram 256gb Ssd Sold!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.