Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,645 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:29 AM

Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! (2432 Views)

OPINION: 8 Best Movies To Stream On Showmax This Month / Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' / Netflix Is Now Bigger Than Cable Tv – Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by BedLam: 1:30am On Jul 16, 2017
So you are probably thinking " why is Netflix not available to Nigerians"? Well, I got disappointed after subscribing to Netflix. They are majorly old movies with half series. For instance, Netflix has up to season 3 of " The blacklist" meanwhile the 4 ended a long time ago.
The majority of the movies you find there are the ones owned by the company and one of them is Okja ( it's a new movie). Aside that, please forget it. It's totally not worth your 10 naira.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by slendxy: 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
Kwese TV will change Nigeria TV contents for good. Is time we get value for our money and kwese TV have brought that change.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by Akanniade(m): 12:21am On Jul 27, 2017
BedLam:
So you are probably thinking " why is Netflix not available to Nigerians"? Well, I got disappointed after subscribing to Netflix. They are majorly old movies with half series. For instance, Netflix has up to season 3 of " The blacklist" meanwhile the 4 ended a long time ago.
The majority of the movies you find there are the ones owned by the company and one of them is Okja ( it's a new movie). Aside that, please forget it. It's totally not worth your 10 naira.
Its the version allowed for nigeria. Get vpn on your phone and you will get US content.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by Akanniade(m): 12:23am On Jul 27, 2017
slendxy:
Kwese TV will change Nigeria TV contents for good. Is time we get value for our money and kwese TV have brought that change.
Not a solution. American shows will not be 100% updated in nigerian market.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by BedLam: 1:09am On Jul 27, 2017
Akanniade:

Its the version allowed for nigeria. Get vpn on your phone and you will get US content.
Wrong. Netflix detects when you are using a VPN so it doesn't work.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by BedLam: 1:10am On Jul 27, 2017
slendxy:
Not sure If they can pay for real time shows. And what do you mean by Nigerian content? I want real action not movies in Jamaica or sun City.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by slendxy: 9:57am On Jul 27, 2017
BedLam:
Not sure If they can pay for real time shows. And what do you mean by Nigerian content? I want real action not movies in Jamaica or sun City.

By Nigeria content I meant Bollywood, EPL and Champion leagues. Tv does not revolve around this contents but it seems to be all they think we need in this country. Kwese have entrepreneurship programs that are top notch, programs like Shark Tank and The Profit. Those in diaspora will know it. They also show other sports like formula 1, WWE and basket ball.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by slendxy: 9:59am On Jul 27, 2017
Akanniade:

Not a solution. American shows will not be 100% updated in nigerian market.

When you obtain the right to show them, it will be shown.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by Akanniade(m): 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
BedLam:
Works for me. Netflix and amazon video. You must choose a U.S server on you vpn.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by Akanniade(m): 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2017
slendxy:

When you obtain the right to show them, it will be shown.
And you think a startup can afford the rights? You forget dstv vs hitv?
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by slendxy: 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
Akanniade:

And you think a startup can afford the rights? You forget dstv vs hitv?

I am telling you a startup already have the right to show such contents. The name is Kwese TV. Owned by Econet media.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by Bratking(m): 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
Akanniade:

Gbam.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by Akanniade(m): 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
slendxy:

I am telling you a startup already have the right to show such contents. The name is Kwese TV. Owned by Econet media.
Keep dreaming. War chest speaks in these things. DSTV has been lobbying governments since inception.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by slendxy: 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
Akanniade:

Keep dreaming. War chest speaks in these things. DSTV has been lobbying governments since inception.

Lobbying which government? Please. What speaks is money, most of those licences are quite expensive and it is assumed that we won't agree to pay for such contents.
Do you know that most satellite TVs in Nigeria do not have licence to show CNN? they show it through the back door. Is not because they are denied but because the its expensive.

Kwese have an exclusive deal with ROKU TV in Africa and you know Roku TV shows almost every TV contents in the world.

Kwese is the best thing yet to happen to Africans in Africa in terms of TV contents.

Anyway, just brace yourself for change have come in paytv as we know it. Google Kwese TV for more details.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by BedLam: 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
slendxy:

Lobbying which government? Please. What speaks is money, most of those licences are quite expensive and it is assumed that we won't agree to pay for such contents.
Do you know that most satellite TVs in Nigeria do not have licence to show CNN? they show it through the back door. Is not because they are denied but because the its expensive.

Kwese have an exclusive deal with ROKU TV in Africa and you know Roku TV shows almost every TV contents in the world.

Kwese is the best thing yet to happen to Africans in Africa in terms of TV contents.

Anyway, just brace yourself for change have come in paytv as we know it. Google Kwese TV for more details.
I will take them serious when they go mainstream.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by BedLam: 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
slendxy:

I just searched for them now and they seem to have the potentials to compete! Bankrolled by econet as well, they should do more of advertisement in Nigeria.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by slendxy: 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
BedLam:
I just searched for them now and they seem to have the potentials to compete! Bankrolled by econet as well, they should do more of advertisement in Nigeria.

The adverts are coming. They are yet to officially launch in Naija.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by slendxy: 10:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
BedLam:
I will take them serious when they go mainstream.

They will, its a matter of time.
Re: Opinion: Netflix Is Rubbish! by Akanniade(m): 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2017
BedLam:
paid vpn works.

(1) (Reply)

Best Free Movie Download Sites / Download Miss Flawless - Latest 2015 Nigerian Nollywood Drama Movie (english F / DOWNLOAD Fifty Shades Freed (2018) Full Movie Online Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.