Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Unknown Blog Post On My Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Unknown Blog Post On My Blog (601 Views)

How Can I Make My Blog To Show On Opera Mini News Feed / 7 Things To Do After Publishing A New Blog Post / 5 Amazing Ways To Write Interesting Blog Post Topics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unknown Blog Post On My Blog by intrepid: 8:12am On Jul 16, 2017
Hello NLders, I saw 3 of posts on my WP blog which wasn't posted by me. I don't share the blog password with anyone hence I don't know how it happened.

Any ideas? What should I do about it?
Re: Unknown Blog Post On My Blog by dammy13(m): 8:49am On Jul 16, 2017
intrepid:
Hello NLders, I saw 3 of posts on my WP blog which wasn't posted by me. I don't share the blog password with anyone hence I don't know how it happened.

Simple. U have been hacked

1 Like

Re: Unknown Blog Post On My Blog by Donniefred(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2017
You have been hacked!!! grin
Re: Unknown Blog Post On My Blog by Julius2214(m): 10:40am On Jul 16, 2017
intrepid:

Don't panic, you might not be hacked.
Go to your dashboard menu and click on "Users" to check your users. If you notice there are more than one user other than yourself and you didn't add them, that means the posts you saw were created by bots. This can happen if you allow user registration on your blog.
Delete those users immediately, then go to your settings >> General settings>> membership
Untick the box "Anyone can register" then save your settings.
All done.

NB: Install WordFence Security plugin to avoid any of such occurrences in the future.
Re: Unknown Blog Post On My Blog by intrepid: 11:11am On Jul 16, 2017
Julius2214:

Don't panic, you might not be hacked.
Go to your dashboard menu and click on "Users" to check your users. If you notice there are more than one user other than yourself and you didn't add them, that means the posts you saw were created by bots. This can happen if you allow user registration on your blog.
Delete those users immediately, then go to your settings >> General settings>> membership
Untick the box "Anyone can register" then save your settings.
All done.

NB: Install WordFence Security plugin to avoid any of such occurrences in the future.

Thanks bro. I'll check and do that. I'll get back to you. Thanks
Re: Unknown Blog Post On My Blog by Julius2214(m): 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2017
intrepid:

Thanks bro. I'll check and do that. I'll get back to you. Thanks
You welcome bro

(1) (Reply)

My New Blog Post Is Not Appearing In Google. / Host Your Website For Free On Google Host / How To Configure Aitel Network For Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.