Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? (674 Views)

Apostle Suleman: Christians Pray For Donald Trump Over Impeachment / Be Sincere: Do You Still Pray Before Eating? / Do You Still Pray Saying, “if It Is The Will Of God, God Do It?” - Mark 1:40-41 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by zicoraads: 8:22am On Jul 16, 2017
Some yeas back, the former president of Nigeria, General Yakubu Gowon started a movement known as Nigeria Prays. It was meant to get Nigerians praying for the country and her leaders. And I also know the Bible and the Holy Quran admonishes us to respect and pray for those who lead us.

But the truth is, I know alot of people who have stopped praying for this country (something I'm also guilty of). The reasons are: if prayers were enough to solve our problems, we would have been far better than we are now. I also believe prayers don't do anything, if you are not willing to at least put in the effort. Something our leaders and even us as citizens don't really do.

So I'm curious, how many of you still kneel down and pray for this country and her leaders? And why do you still do?

Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by hopefulLandlord: 8:23am On Jul 16, 2017
interesting
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by Nbote(m): 8:25am On Jul 16, 2017
Have I finished praying for myself?? Our leaders are comfortable, I am not... Until I am, dey dont deserve my prayers...

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by dingbang(m): 8:25am On Jul 16, 2017
How many leaders in Nigeria pray for their people...

How many of them have our best interest at heart..

Its like saying we should pray for the devil to repent.. Lai lai.. Rather we should pray for forgiveness . that God should forgive our sins and raise up for us good leaders.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by zicoraads: 8:27am On Jul 16, 2017
dingbang:

Its like saying we should pray for the devil to repent.. Lai lai.. Rather we should pray for forgiveness . that God should forgive our sins and raise up for us good leaders.
This one is not even planning to go to church grin Dingbang, repent tongue
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by Yeligray(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2017
Nbote:
Have I finished praying for myself?? Our leaders are comfortable, I am not... Until I am, dey dont deserve my prayers...
if u don't take them to God things won't get better cuz they control wealth in the nation.
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by dingbang(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2017
zicoraads:

This one is not even planning to go to church grin Dingbang, repent tongue
fi mi le
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by zicoraads: 8:28am On Jul 16, 2017
dingbang:

Do you vote in elections?
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by dingbang(m): 8:29am On Jul 16, 2017
zicoraads:

Do you vote in elections?
shuo... I do na...
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by zicoraads: 8:30am On Jul 16, 2017
Yeligray:
if u don't take them to God things won't get better cuz they control wealth in the nation.
To God? Two questions: Which state are you from? Then after taking them to God, what next? Do you leave it then?
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by zicoraads: 8:31am On Jul 16, 2017
dingbang:
shuo... I do na...
OK. You are free tongue I thought you belong to the class of people who don't vote, but hope God raises good leaders.
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by lokotamak(m): 8:33am On Jul 16, 2017
nigeria wit bad leadership, selfishness.......I only pray for peace.
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by Freethought(m): 8:35am On Jul 16, 2017
Well, to say the truth, I'v never prayed for any. Even when my parent were praying for all our leaders, I just keep mute. I neva believd dose prayers can work fr them

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by dingbang(m): 8:36am On Jul 16, 2017
zicoraads:

OK. You are free tongue I thought you belong to the class of people who don't vote, but hope God raises good leaders.
I hope you also don't belong to the class of people that take bag of rice from evil politicians and hope God raises good leaders too
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by zicoraads: 8:40am On Jul 16, 2017
dingbang:

I hope you also don't belong to the class of people that take bag of rice from evil politicians and hope God raises good leaders too
Bags of rice? To do what with it na? You know what they say about not praying to be tempted in a way that your faith will be tested beyond... Ehen, anyway, if you give me what is way above my means, I don't know what will happen then. I just pray I'm not tempted that way. But, I will never, ever, ever take it and foolishly vote you in. Except I'm certain that you are a good leader anyway. And you have good plans.
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by Yeligray(m): 8:40am On Jul 16, 2017
zicoraads:

To God? Two questions: Which state are you from? Then after taking them to God, what next? Do you leave it then?
that was 3questions
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by Yeligray(m): 8:41am On Jul 16, 2017
zicoraads:

you asked three questions
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by dingbang(m): 8:45am On Jul 16, 2017
zicoraads:

Bags of rice? To do what with it na? You know what they say about not praying to be tempted in a way that your faith will be tested beyond... Ehen, anyway, if you give me what is way above my means, I don't know what will happen then. I just pray I'm not tempted that way. But, I will never, ever, ever take it and foolishly vote you in. Except I'm certain that you are a good leader anyway. And you have good plans.
every politician has good plans.. But when they enter.. You begin to see signs and wonders grin

The question now should be, should true christians engage in politics?
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by zicoraads: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2017
dingbang:
every politician has good plans.. But when they enter.. You begin to see signs and wonders grin

The question now should be, should true christians engage in politics?
Yes, definitely. One problem with politics in Nigeria is institutional corruption. A true Christian would know that if you must fix this, then our institutions must first be strengthened. I'm a Christian through and through. I have seen real and true men of God. Trust me, when someone who is true leads this country, things will change for the better.
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by zicoraads: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2017
Yeligray:
you asked three questions
It matters not. Stop dodging the questions tongue
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by Nbote(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2017
Yeligray:

D Bible is clear on the fate of d wicked.. I don't need to remind God of d deeds of our leaders.. And point of correction, dey dont control the wealth of d nation, dey jus happen to b privileged to b feeding fat from the wealth of d nation
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by Yeligray(m): 9:12am On Jul 16, 2017
Nbote:

D Bible is clear on the fate of d wicked.. I don't need to remind God of d deeds of our leaders.. And point of correction, dey dont control the wealth of d nation, dey jus happen to b privileged to b feeding fat from the wealth of d nation
but it's in their hands
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by Nbote(m): 9:30am On Jul 16, 2017
Yeligray:
but it's in their hands
No its not.. It's more in our hands dan it's theirs..
Re: Do You Still Pray For Nigeria And Her Leaders? by orunto27: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2017
Yes and please continue to do so too.

(1) (Reply)

The Earth Is Round Was First Proved In The Bible. See Proof / Is It Biblical To Take And Eat Food From Other Religions? / Meet Ondo Pastor That Cures Spiritual Problems With Sexual Intercourse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.